PDA

View Full Version : KY Lake Run pics/video

PlowTown
06-06-2012, 07:23 PM
Went down for the run this past weekend and it turned out to be a great time. We're really looking forward to next year. I still have to edit the couple hours of GoPro video but here's what I've had time to go through right now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siFqylivfDk&feature=youtube_gdata_player

PlowTown
06-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Fun run was Saturday followed by lots of coving out and watching drag boat racing.

Thanks to SloRider for the picture of my boat running.

eddie
06-06-2012, 08:38 PM
Nice !!! Always cool to see other lakes and some pics of runs.

What's the lake like? Is it developed much?

PlowTown
06-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Nice !!! Always cool to see other lakes and some pics of runs.

What's the lake like? Is it developed much?

The lake is pretty awesome. The main part of the lake is about 50 miles long and a half mile wide. The water is very clean also. The main channel is really deep. There was quite a bit of serious hardware that calls KY lake home. 39 Hustler Rockitt, 39 Cigarette Lip Ship, and lots of Fountains/Sunsations. Really laid back atmosphere and people are extremely courteous. Its developed just about perfect. Plenty of marinas/restaurants but scattered out so the scenery is abundantly green.

The things I didn't like:
1. Extremely shallow ramps. I almost had to have all my truck tires in the water to get my boat off the trailer.
2. The KY part of the lake is "dry". Better grab booze in Paducah on the way down or head to the part of the lake in TN where the marinas sell drinks.
3. While the main channel is clearly marked, the smaller buoys that mark the channels going back to the coves are hard to see and quite a few are missing. We had no problems though.
4. Lots of guys fishing in the main channel. Everyone in the run got a few middle fingers over the weekend.

joey
06-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Nice vid and pics, looks like a great turnout.

PlowTown
06-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Nice vid and pics, looks like a great turnout.

Thanks Joey. I'll be at the lake most of all next week with the family if you want to get some drinks after my son is asleep.

joey
06-07-2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks Joey. I'll be at the lake most of all next week with the family if you want to get some drinks after my son is asleep.

Definitely, where you guys staying at, it's even better during the week.

Getting the boat back tomorrow, so it's game on for joey.

PlowTown
06-07-2012, 06:48 PM
We've got a cabin at Bear Bottom for the week. Not sure which one though.

joey
06-07-2012, 07:04 PM
We've got a cabin at Bear Bottom for the week. Not sure which one though.

The kids are gonna love staying at Matt's, we like going to BB, the pool bar is nice and it has great circulation so the water stays nice and clear.

Stay in touch with your game plan for next week.

DeSimulacra
06-08-2012, 11:04 AM
quote"The lake is pretty awesome. " Shhhh

We have enough people moving here now ;)

Thanks plowtown for the write up and pics!! Wonder if we passed? I was with a friend on her pontoon and 2 jet-skis around Paris Landing. That area is my home turf. Grew up on Kentucky lake and boated on it all my life.
I still have yet to see all of it!!

Here is a good video, not by me, that shows some of the area I run in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqYedVYIyIk. My favorite video about boating cause it describes boating to a "T" here.

Fat Daddies is very popular but I like Eagles Nest better.

PlowTown
06-09-2012, 01:12 AM
The kids are gonna love staying at Matt's, we like going to BB, the pool bar is nice and it has great circulation so the water stays nice and clear.

Stay in touch with your game plan for next week.

Sounds good [smilie=trink39]

quote"The lake is pretty awesome. " Shhhh

We have enough people moving here now ;)

Thanks plowtown for the write up and pics!! Wonder if we passed? I was with a friend on her pontoon and 2 jet-skis around Paris Landing. That area is my home turf. Grew up on Kentucky lake and boated on it all my life.
I still have yet to see all of it!!

Here is a good video, not by me, that shows some of the area I run in
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqYedVYIyIk. My favorite video about boating cause it describes boating to a "T" here.

Fat Daddies is very popular but I like Eagles Nest better.

It's possible that we passed. I had the white/red Baja. I was tied up with a couple 288 Sunsations and the 39 Rockitt in the Quarry Saturday afternoon/evening and was in the adjacent cove Sunday watching the drag boat races.

We were originally planning on going to Fat Daddy's for lunch on the run but some of the bigger boats were worried about it being too shallow. We ended up going to Breakers for lunch and we were all extremely pleased with the place. They didn't have enough dock space so we all tied up in lines off the dock. The food and Rum Runners were excellent. The owner personally came around and thanked us all for choosing to eat there (he made some serious revenue that day lol).