PDA

View Full Version : August 10th - the 12th Late summer/fall party MWBP almost here!

baja22
07-30-2012, 09:40 PM
summer is blowing by for us, i didn't even think it was already time for this! who's all coming?

BDiggity
07-30-2012, 10:53 PM
If we can get a ride for possibly 4 on Saturday, we will be in.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

jrdonnellyjr
07-30-2012, 10:55 PM
If we can get a ride for possibly 4 on Saturday, we will be in.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

Is R and Kiera 2 of the 4 that need rides?

eddie
07-31-2012, 09:46 AM
summer is blowing by for us, i didn't even think it was already time for this! who's all coming?

Where is this being held? Tell us about it. [smilie=042.gif]

BDiggity
07-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Is R and Kiera 2 of the 4 that need rides?

no, an andrea & sara. R isnt around anymore. well around me anyway.

sfriesen
07-31-2012, 10:50 AM
Where is this being held? Tell us about it. [smilie=042.gif]

John is refering to the Perry Party.

We will be there of course, dunno if we'll be bringing a boat or not... lol
If we don't bring a boat, mama will be bringing a big tub of rumchata cupcakes to earn a spot on the scarab. That should do the trick...

Dredd
07-31-2012, 11:30 AM
Planning on it.

Serious Play
07-31-2012, 12:29 PM
If we don't bring a boat, mama will be bringing a big tub of rumchata cupcakes to earn a spot on the scarab. That should do the trick...

I need the recipe for RumChata cupcakes - please?

joey
07-31-2012, 12:32 PM

That sounds like it needs to be posted for everyone to enjoy, what do you think, yes.

iflyhi22002
07-31-2012, 01:07 PM
Unfortunately we will be in Jamaica mon'...wish we could make it-the spring party was a great time.

bsloop
07-31-2012, 03:59 PM
I usually get things out earlier and posted over. June was a blurr and July seems to have evaporated :shock:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/488000417880174/

Aug 10-12, Fall/Summer Bash - Here it is, your official invitation to Perry's second biggest party of the year.

We will gather starting Friday afternoon, roll right on into Saturday and probably stumble around Sunday ;)
Spring Party was AWSOME! Great people, great boats, great lines.
Lets do it again!
... OPP will be rock'n and another suprise might make it past the planning stages, who knows........

Best boat ramps are at the State Park or either Marina. Slough Creek ramp is the closest to the Cove.

Many camp at the State Park near the cabins. ( cabins long reserved by MWBP people) but on water lodging is available at Rock Creek Marina.
Both marinas have wet slips available. $20-40/night
Lake Perry Marina (southeast by dam) - 785-597-5555 - http://www.lpym.com/
Rock Creek Marina (Northwest, formerly DJ's) - 785-484-2656 - http://www.rockcreekmarinaresort.com/
For those that perfer hotels, some easy access choices:
Holiday Inn Express, 601 U.S. 24, Topeka, KS (785) 861-7200
Holiday Inn, 200 McDonald Dr, Lawrence, KS (785) 749-8925
Hampton Inn, 2300 West 6th Street, Lawrence, KS (785) 379-3670

Dukes at LPYM has new, covered patio seating and fresh interior. DJ bumps the house both nights.
A short courtsey dock is available along the break wall or dock on the main marina gas dock. Open UNcovered slips are also usually a safe bet.
Mulligians at Rock Creek will host the Steve Kile band Saturday night, always a fun time with live cover music. Fridays usually Karaoke.
Boat parking at small courtsey docks and along the restaurant rail or end tie.

Future Lake dates include:
Lake of the Ozarks Shootout Aug 24-26
Labor Day weekend Aug 31-Sept 3.

For the record - dates were published in this January thread - http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/showthread.php?30752-Spring-Perry-2012
and this March thread - http://midwestboatparty.com/forum/showthread.php?31536-Spring-Perry-Party-2012-June-8-10th [smilie=042.gif]

bsloop
07-31-2012, 04:17 PM
I am kicking around a "theme" to break up the general party in the heat monotony. (not that its not a crazy good time now, just add some spice)

Themes like Luau or Pirate are common and easy.

Also considering a "throw back" / "decades" / "retro" idea with swim suits of the past. (google Images search "swim suit retro fashion"

Leaning heavily toward - "Super Hero" with the release of Bat Man increasing interest. tight suits, colors are easy to match, maybe a small eye mask, markers/temp tattoos.

Other ideas? need to make a decision fast so we can get the word out and people start assembling and shipping in the next week.

sfriesen
07-31-2012, 04:31 PM

This is something she just decided to figure out. She is usually pretty good with new ingredients in her cupcakes. Once I have a recipe, I will share.

baja22
07-31-2012, 05:39 PM
just add some spice

put a pole on that barge and have Buster's Fireball close and you'll have more "spice" then Betty Crocker!

BDM
07-31-2012, 05:49 PM
I am kicking around a "theme" to break up the general party in the heat monotony. (not that its not a crazy good time now, just add some spice)

Themes like Luau or Pirate are common and easy.

Also considering a "throw back" / "decades" / "retro" idea with swim suits of the past. (google Images search "swim suit retro fashion"

Leaning heavily toward - "Super Hero" with the release of Bat Man increasing interest. tight suits, colors are easy to match, maybe a small eye mask, markers/temp tattoos.

Other ideas? need to make a decision fast so we can get the word out and people start assembling and shipping in the next week.

Toga party? :twisted:

bsloop
08-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Decided to take the easy way out on short notice.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/triguy29/emoticons/th_icedtea.gif (http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/triguy29/emoticons/?action=view&current=icedtea.gif)Luau theme it is. Break out the lei, grass skirt, coconut bikini, or anything else to throw a tropical vibe. http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/triguy29/emoticons/th_icon_swayingpalm.gif (http://s156.photobucket.com/albums/t12/triguy29/emoticons/?action=view&current=icon_swayingpalm.gif)
I think I will look for a pineapple recipe for my crockpot pork. Boat drinks encouraged and Buffet will probably make more than one radio play :mrgreen:

Looks like the weather will be more tropical and less desert like.

farmer
08-07-2012, 09:59 PM
For anyone that is planning on attending I would highly being very careful if you use the state park ramp as it is getting pretty shallow. Saw three boats hung up on the rocks and even saw water patrol trying to help one out of the rocks and the water patrol got stuck on the rocks. I talked to many others that said they had bent props from coming in. It was pretty tricky with my 30 footer especially if there are a few other boats in there and you have to dodge each other. I pretty much go there every weekend and use that ramp but after last week I will be putting in at the marina. Thought I would give everyone the heads up.

ttownmatt
08-07-2012, 10:27 PM
I was out today and i would also recomend the marina ramp. We will be putting in there fri.

baja22
08-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Rum Chata cup cakes.. 106725

Two in the pink!!106726

jrdonnellyjr
08-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Two in the pink!!106726

Are you talking about the pic or do you have two in the pink too?

baja22
08-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Sara try to work while being attacked by a nipple bitting monster! 106737

baja22
08-11-2012, 04:29 PM
106738The line in full swing!

baja22
08-11-2012, 04:55 PM
The girls getting ready to play "Thunder".106739

Dredd
08-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Good times. Water level is pretty low.

bsloop
08-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Great weekend and a strong turn out! Some nice hardware showed up and it was fun to see a few "power laps" early.
Great to see all that travel in for our events. We try to host a fun party and those that make the effort to travel usually bring their "A" game and ramp up an already good time [smilie=thewave.gif]
I have a hard time taking pics but I stole a few from a buddy's FB.

Friday was a nice line of 20ish boats.........

Saturday was great weather with light a variable winds. Anchors set well to minimize line movement and that leaves more energy to PARTY!
We threw in a Luau theme and some really ran with it. Cant remember the folks out of Pamona Lake but they were decked out and with three coolers mounted on the boat, no one went thristy [smilie=alc]
I determined I blew all 4 voice coils for the horns on my PA setup last party and did not have time to replace as well as my sub box getting weak and a sub going out there too but we still made enough noise to keep people moving, I think :twisted:

bsloop
08-17-2012, 03:39 PM
More.......

Brithday girl [smilie=042.gif]

and of course the shave cream came out more than once :mrgreen:

BTW, make your plans now;
Spring Party - June 7-9, 2013 (two weeks after Memorial and week before Father's Day)
Fall Party - Aug 9-11, 2013 (two weeks before Shootout, three before Labor Day)

sfriesen
08-17-2012, 04:20 PM
I would like to make one request. I'll say it nicely here, as I have NO clue who always does it, and they may be on here. I can tell you that every time they do it at a Perry event, NOBODY around us is very pleased.

The 1/4 sticks, thunder kings, firecrackers, salutes, whatever the hell someone wants to call them... Great for the 4th of July, not Great for when there are 100's of people around, NOT expecting explosives, boats navigating in tight areas, and people swimming...

It just seems like a recipe for disaster, and some person ALWAYS has them there. I know that I am not the only one that doesn't appreciate them. Might pass the word along.

Dredd
08-17-2012, 07:03 PM
Agreed. Guy next to me was in his engine compartment hooking up a battery when one went off at the Spring Party. Dude nearly had a heart attack, it wasn't very cool at all.

They are neat to see... just not when there's that much going on and it's not expected.