My Ride
    Cig TG
    Thanks

What kind of prop is this?

I was cleaning out my garage at the lake the other day and found a prop to one of my old boats but I have had both Merc and OMC drives...so I am not sure what it is.

the prop is black, has a 15T spline in it, reads 48-78122-21 on the face of the hub.
    On the side of the prop by the base of the blade it reads: 48-78122-A40L-21P

Can someone tell me what exactly this prop is and what it might be worth?
    I am pretty prop illiterate. It is in brand new condition; not a mark on it, I figured I would try and sell it on ebay or something.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    “The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.”

Thanks
    I searched a few sites and the number didn't come up. This is my guess, for what its worth. Mercury, aluminum, 21 pitch, probably 13.5" (dia. You can check that measure to center x 2. I would guess it's the 1" 15 spline from a merc outboard but I THINK? it will fit alpha and bravo 1 drives as well.

I don't know about the price.

Hope this helps!

Jeff

My Ride
    .38 Special Ed
    Thanks
    Best quote of the day so far...."I used to always make it rain at the strip clubs, but they kicked me out cause the dancers were slipping on the nickles." courtesy of DJ it made me laugh out loud

My Ride
    .38 Special Ed
    Thanks
    Best quote of the day so far...."I used to always make it rain at the strip clubs, but they kicked me out cause the dancers were slipping on the nickles." courtesy of DJ it made me laugh out loud

My Ride
    Cig TG
    Thanks
    Thanks fellas! Hell ya!: thanks for taking the time to look that stuff up for me!

Christian: Thanks man, that is my exact one from ebay exept mine looks brand new. Looks like its not worth very much. haha.

Thanks again guys!
    “The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.”

My Ride
    1999 Baja 29 Outlaw
    Thanks
    Aluminum is worth abotu $0.75 a lb. I'd take it to a scrap yard & buy myself a can of pop with it.
    Stirring the pot since 2005!

Thanks
    I have talked to Willie about this and still we have not got it figured out. I have a 1991 20ft cobalt with a Merc 260 and pre Alpha out drive with a 19 pitch prop. The Quadra Junk carb has been rebuilt and tuned as best as i can. But i still seem to only get about 3500 rpm and about 35 mph. Could this be a prop issue or should i try to get Holly carb and start from there. I am at the end of my rope trying to get it running right. Any ideas and help will be appreciated. I will be a quarry this weekend 7/20-21. if you see and old raggedy blue and white boat with 2 fat men in it that is probably me. Friday with kids and Sat Adult day with friends. LOL help
    LIFES JOURNEY WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE A FLUFFY RIDE TO HEAVEN. BUT AN ARRIVAL TO HEAVEN WITH A SLIDE INTO THE GATES WORE OUT, USED UP AND TORE UP. ANOUNCING YOUR ARRIVAL WITH A BIG \"\"HELL YA--WHAT A RIDE\"\"

Thanks
    I wouldn't change the carb. Install a fuel psi gauge and make sure it is getting a good flow of fuel at WFO. Also get an advance timing light and check the full timing at 3000 or 3500 rpm. Then there is also the posibility the timing marks are off. To be sure you will need to find Top Dead Center. That is where I would start.

Jeff

Thanks
    appreciate the info i will look at doing just that. I had the motor tuned but it was in the drive and probably was not at a higher RPM. The Fuel pressure was on my mind but now that i have a 2nd opinion i will be sure to do that. Thanks again for the advice.
    LIFES JOURNEY WAS NOT INTENDED TO BE A FLUFFY RIDE TO HEAVEN. BUT AN ARRIVAL TO HEAVEN WITH A SLIDE INTO THE GATES WORE OUT, USED UP AND TORE UP. ANOUNCING YOUR ARRIVAL WITH A BIG \"\"HELL YA--WHAT A RIDE\"\"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eichhoma
    I was cleaning out my garage at the lake the other day and found a prop to one of my old boats but I have had both Merc and OMC drives...so I am not sure what it is.

the prop is black, has a 15T spline in it, reads 48-78122-21 on the face of the hub.
    On the side of the prop by the base of the blade it reads: 48-78122-A40L-21P

Can someone tell me what exactly this prop is and what it might be worth?
    I am pretty prop illiterate. It is in brand new condition; not a mark on it, I figured I would try and sell it on ebay or something.

Thanks in advance.
    Mark
    Eichhoma, Do you still have this prop? I just bought a 1988 SeaRay Seville with this exact prop, would love to buy it from you as a backup.