Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Thanks

Kirby Power Sports - Chanute KS

I don't generally like to blast people or businesses publicly. But this takes the cake. I recently bought a NEW 2007 Honda Aquatrax holdover from Kirby Power Sports in Chanute KS. I wouldn't post this here, except the BS they tried to pull is beyond belief, IMO. And I simply don't want another person getting screwed. This has been a long time coming, and after last weekend I think they deserve to be made famous for their BS.

This is the letter I am sending them and Honda today. I won't mention names. Just be aware.....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++

In the past couple weeks I have received an evaluation to fill out regarding my experience at Kirby Power Sports, as well as a follow up letter. I almost filled out the evaluation out of disugst, but refrained. The 2nd letter made me start thinking again, so I thought I'd share my rant with you.

1 - When I saw the Aquatrax at www.traderonline.com, I immediately filled out a credit application without even calling your store. I knew Honda was offering 3.99% for 3 years as I had checked their web site. I was waiting for this promotion. Excellent credit is something I am proud of. I know what my credit score is, period. When your finance department called, they said they had approved me for the loan and wanted to know when I could visit the store to finalize the purchase. At this point NOTHING HAD BEEN SAID ABOUT THE LOAN TERMS. I said "HOLD ON buddy!!" and asked the terms of the loan. I was told 11.99% for 5 or 6 years. REDICULOUS!. I almost HUNG UP THE PHONE on the spot. I told your finance agent that I WAS AWARE OF THE HONDA FINANCING OFFER and I would NOT ACCEPT anything else. He attempted to buffalo me with some BS about having to have perfect credit to receive that offer. So I asked " well, was I not approved for that rate? " He immediately admitted, " well, yes you were. " He didn't have to call anyone or re-run my application. HE KNEW I was approved for the better financing. HE KNEW IT!

I mentioned this to my salesman when I visited the store to pick up the Honda. He said " Yea..he did that to me, too" How can I express how baffled I am? Your finance agent trying to screw me, and your own employee? Something stinks here.

Strike 1. Your finance department tried to push me into a loan at 3 times the interest rate KNOWING I WAS APPROVED FOR THE PROMOTIONAL RATE!! Is this good business? Sure, maybe you can make a few bucks off the stupid customer. Definitely NOT GOOD BUSINESS when you get caught.

2 - You dropped Ski #1 - Spray painted the damage to the hull while I stood in your store waiting for it, and you crossed your fingers hoping I wouldn't see the damage. This has been discussed and I need not discuss it any further.

Strike 2. You once again tried to buffalo a "dumb customer".

3 - Last week at the lake of the Ozarks I had the Honda in our ski lift. I briefly looked at the trailer - just a quick inspection and noticed a loose bolt on one of the bunks. Then another....and another....and another. NONE OF THE TRAILER BUNK BOLTS HAD BEEN TIGHTENED. NONE OF THEM! NONE! Ok...ONE had but it was only "snug". The rest of the bolts were not even penetrating the nylon nut insert. One of the bolts that holds the bunk swivel bracket to the top of the stand off bracket had nearly sheared off under the load ( rear most bracket on the trailer ) Now, what do you think would have happened had that failed as I was towing it down the highway at 65mph? Would there be a 3rd Honda in the picture? My GOD That trailer had made two trips to your store at 7 hours each, and one trip to the Lake of the Ozarks at 4 hours. These trailers are OVER THE ROAD VEHICLES hauling an object that weighs close to 1000lbs. A trailer isn't some thing to screw up.

Strike 3......You could have killed someone with a 1000lb projectile traveling at highway speeds. Brilliant.

You can bet I won't bring any of my future business to you. Nor will I recommend Kirby Power Sports to any of my friends.

When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way.........so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

My Ride
    '92 Baja 270
    Thanks
    Just, Wow!
    "Yeah I called her up, she gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her, or something, I don't know, I wasn't really paying attention."

My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Thanks
    Am I out of line?
    When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way.........so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

My Ride
    Envision 2900 combo
    Thanks
    Wow, I had no idea. You need to share that with as many people as possible!

My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Thanks
    Since I didn't go into detail about the dropping of the 1st ski in the above email, I'll explain here.

As mentioned, they dropped the first ski on the rear of the hull...took a big chunk of gelcoat out of the transom and the bottom of the hull and put a good ding in the ride plate. Then they put it on the trailer ( while I was in the store) and used a can of black spray paint to cover the damage. Overspray everywhere.

This is how a business operates?

Kiss my ass.

My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Thanks
    Oh.....they will fix it and sell it as "new" to the next sucker.

My Ride
    Boat "Whoring" .. again
    Thanks
    Did you document everything with pictures too?
    Thank you all so much for being my friends -- Bobby Boucher (The Waterboy)

You can't drink all day, if you don't get started in the morning....

My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Thanks
    In the bright side, I love my Aquatrax

My Ride
    2005 Formula 280 twin 350 mags
    Thanks
    Regretfully, unless someone reads this or hears about this treatment they gave you, some poor bastard will buy the damaged WR and will not realized he got screwed unti too late. I would report this outfit to the Better Busienss Bureau as in my opinion, that is what they deserve. Just my $.02

Thanks
    That's horrible, especially trying to cover up damage! Mortgage brokers and auto finance love to stack % rates too.

Thanks
    Definitely turn them into the BBB...chances are, you're not the only one.

My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    That's horrible, especially trying to cover up damage! Mortgage brokers and auto finance love to stack % rates too.

Most dealers I have dealt with in the past use promotional interest rates to get you in the door and make sales. The dealer where we bought our first Honda sealed the deal with 3.99% financing. 11% and I'd told them to shove it, too.

I reported them directly to Honda....probably file with the BBB just to be a thorn in their side. I think I still have the HIN of the ski they dropped.

My Ride
    Envision 2900 Concept
    Thanks
    Wow! Didn't know about the trailer, that's unbelievable. How do they stay in business?

Ya, I would have reported them to corporate and BBB, too.
    Troy & Chrissy

My Ride
    "Venomous" 36 Spectre
    Thanks
    should have purchased a seadoo instead lol

In all seriousness its amazing what these slimeballs try getting away with.
    Summer time is Happy time

My Ride
    Boatless
    Thanks
    I called them about a year and half ago doing the same thing as ship4brains didnt want to drive all the way if they didnt have what i wanted. When they finally answered the phone they acted like they didnt even want to sell me one, I told them to piss off also