Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K-Planes

My Ride
    33 Outlaw

K-Planes

Would it be worth my time and money to pull the trim tabs off my boat and replace them with K-Planes? Will I get a better ride? What's your opinion? I don't want to spen the money if there won't be a noticeable difference in ride? Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim
    33 Outlaw NAUTI 4-DAY

i would say it would not be worth the money.... with that said i have a spare set, tabs and rams, lines, pumps, i would sell for $600, k-planes, i had them for my race boat, had a short and long set...these are the short set..

My Ride
    Boat "Whoring" .. again
    they made all the difference in th world on my Formula - I can't believe they weren't on from the factory. If you can pick up all the parts from SS for $600.00, I'd jump on that
    Thank you all so much for being my friends -- Bobby Boucher (The Waterboy)

You can't drink all day, if you don't get started in the morning....

My Ride
    An old BEAK, BEAK BEAK
    I would think you'd notice a big difference. I put them on a 21 ft boat once, and it made very noticable difference, got the nose down to help cut through the rough stuff.
    I'm a Father, I'm your friend, I'm your Brother till the end. ~~ K.R.

My Ride
    Formula 353 Fastech
    Party Medic
    I put them on my 271 fastech, they made a big difference in both ride and handling. Changed my hole shot, I was able to load the boat and still come up on plane quickly. I also found in rough water I could keep a little down pressure on the bow to help break up the waves. I used the 280's. When I called the factory the said it was an option on my boat, especially helpful with the 502. Hope this helps.
    Just Another.... "Nauti Excuse"

My Ride
    2002 baja 33 outlaw
    I'll never have another boat without them.

One of the best things about them is that they respond fast, just like drive trim

My Ride
    382 Fastech
    For $600 you can't go wrong, they will help alot in the big chop and hole shot.

My Ride
    Formula 280 SS
    Have those who've posted positive results with the K-planes replaced their trim tabs with the K-planes? I'm sure the extra length would yeild better control and torque, but is it significantly more than, say, Bennet or Boat Leveler? I've wondered if making the switch would make a big difference myself.
    Troy & Chrissy

My Ride
    1989 Formula 311 sr-1
    damn..wish I could have found a set for 600 bucks..I spent 900 on my eddie marine ones. I dont have them installed yet, when I bought my boat the owner took them off, but I rode in the boat with them on them before I bought the boat. It made a world of difference. I ran all last year with no tabs at all on my boat, and I need them. The holeshot sucks bad..I would have 5 people and full of fuel and a cooler, it would take a long time to plane off. I have a 24 foot outlaw with a mildly built 502, but I have the x-demnsion raise 3 inches. So that makes a big difference in the planeing of the boat..I cant wait to get them installed for next year...oh I have heard some stories of people running the planes down in the rough stuff and if the boat takes flight, catching the k-planes and forcing the nose back into the water hard..almost stuffing the boat..but that was on some boats running really hard..

My Ride
    38 Scarab AVS
    No brainer... do it. But I thought your boat was for sale?

My Ride
    Boat "Whoring" .. again
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Asset View Post
    Have those who've posted positive results with the K-planes replaced their trim tabs with the K-planes? I'm sure the extra length would yeild better control and torque, but is it significantly more than, say, Bennet or Boat Leveler? I've wondered if making the switch would make a big difference myself.
    My 303 Formula had Bennett trim tabs from the factory - they were absolute junk and should never have been put on my boat due to the length and weight. After I bought the boat, I started looking for a set of used K-planes - found some on OSO and bought them. When I broke a Bennett ram.. and lost the tab.. I put on the K-Planes - completely different boat.
    Thank you all so much for being my friends -- Bobby Boucher (The Waterboy)

You can't drink all day, if you don't get started in the morning....

My Ride
    33 AVS "American Thunder"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shallow Minded View Post
    No brainer... do it. But I thought your boat was for sale?
    You ever use yours?
    Boater Mechanics Association, we screw, we nut, we bolt!

boat [boht] noun- A wood (or fiberglass) lined hole in the water into which one flushes money down.

My Ride
    Formula 353 Fastech
    My 271 came stock with Bennett Tabs, they were slow to respond, and at slow speeds like night time speed limit they caused the boat to porpoise. After installing the K-Planes that all went away, I also noticed instant change when I touch the switch. The Bennett's I had to wait way too long for a change.

Anyone with a smaller boat I have a complete set of Bennett Tabs pump and wiring harness for sale. they are in great condition just the wrong tabs for my old boat.

I also have a 2000 Formula 271 for sale with K-Planes already professionally installed. (just waiting for the classified section to open up so I can post the real ads.)
    Just Another.... "Nauti Excuse"

My Ride
    2009 Lip-Ship Gladiator
    I changed my K-planes on my Cig 20 from the short ones to the long 380's like and it is night and day. I would highly recommend them for ride improvement.
    Tommy Gun

My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Thanks for all the input!!

SSNLO-- PM sent your way.

Shallow Minded--Everything I have is for sale for the right price. I bought a new Harley so buying a new boat is not on the top of my list at the moment, but for the right price I would sell it and go bigger.
    33 Outlaw NAUTI 4-DAY