Thread: TRS Drives?

My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Thanks

TRS Drives?

Looking at a boat with TRS Drives in it. I know nothing about these drives. Can any body tell me good, bad, ugly??? Do I need to stay away from them or not let it be a concern? Let me know your opinions.

Thanks,

Tim
    33 Outlaw NAUTI 4-DAY

My Ride
    47 fountain sc-379 peterbilt
    Thanks
    I had a boat with trs oudrives. loved the way they shift.easy to work on, the bad side is you lose horsepower going through transmission and they quit making the housings.

My Ride
    1999 Cobalt 293 & 1974 Cig 20
    Thanks
    I wouldn't let it be a concern. Just keep in mind the next buyer might, so be sure to buy it with that in mind. Like wp said, they shift super smooth, no tell-tale "clunk" like on bravo's. Internals are readily available and props are the same as bravo's. Try and stay with the 3-blades as I was once told that TRS like a little slip and a 4-blade may have too much bite. TRS may take more power but are much stronger than bravo's.

It's just like everything else with a boat, treat it right and it will last. Hammer on it repeatedly and it will break.

My Ride
    42 Outerlimits
    Thanks
    I had them on the old Cig and had no problems with them. I wouldnt let it scare you.
    Protect your family and your toys. What better way then with a company like Allstate? Call me today for a quote 636-561-3882

Thanks
    My first boat was a 30' velocity with turned up 454's putting out about 550hp thru TRS's. I had no problem with them.... And I've been known to break a few Bravo's

My Ride
    32 Envison, V24 BatBoat
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 780 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes View Post
    Just keep in mind the next buyer might, so be sure to buy it with that in mind. .
    Ditto on that. The next buyer will assume that they will need to be replaced at some point, and would want it priced that way. They may be great drives, but I would defintely want to buy it cheaper than if it had Bravos. Out of sheer ignorance, I would probably not buy anything with TRS drives, but like I say, they may be great.

My Ride
    38 scarab avs/EX
    Thanks
    had trs's on my old fountain. they were rock solid! the only downfall was people were scared of them, when i was trying to sell the boat. they are heavy but it makes for a solid ride!! just beware of resale!!!