Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    1988 Baja 240 sport
    Thanks

JL audio or wetsounds??

Going to upgrade the speakers in the baja. Should I go with JL or Wetsounds? All the videos I have seen on wetsounds they all sound amazing. Although they are all on wakeboard boats..any experience on these? I would be putting either Wetsounds XS-65s, of the JL MX650-CCX-SG-WH...

My Ride
    1993 Wellcraft Nova Spyder
    Thanks
    I haven't heard wet sounds so I can't say. DC gold would be another brand to look at.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

My Ride
    2007 Baja 26 Outlaw SST
    Thanks
    After listening to a bunch of JL speakers I wound up buying Alpine. About the same sound quality (to my ears) and less money.

If I had it to do over again I would have ponied up the dough and gone Focal. Am no stereo nerd, but they have sounded the best of what I've heard.
    Ray
    КРАСНАЯ РАКЕТА

My Ride
    1988 Baja 240 sport
    Thanks
    I will not buy focals...My buddy spent a ton of money on all focal stuff..amps, 6.5s 6x9s, subs..and my alpine headunit powering 4 jbl 6.5s was louder with more bass...I was soo unimpressed with focals..

My Ride
    '91 Mastercraft 240SC
    Thanks
    WetSounds will over power JL at a similar price point. JL is very controlled and tame which sound great in a listening room but lacks on the water. Some say WS are too "bright" but this is intentional because when in their element - on the water, with ambient noise, you need the extra trebble to punch though.

I was not that impressed by the lower power xs65. Step up to the xs650, it makes a big difference. Check out WS website and look at the profile pics of the two.....
    If you can do a black grille, I may have some options for you.
    I have a roll bar for a reason.......

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stlcheckmate View Post
    I will not buy focals...My buddy spent a ton of money on all focal stuff..amps, 6.5s 6x9s, subs..and my alpine headunit powering 4 jbl 6.5s was louder with more bass...I was soo unimpressed with focals..
    The Focal system must not have been installed well.
    Personally, I like DC Golds. They don't have the bling, but they have the sound and much better warranty.

My Ride
    Crownline 202 LPX
    Thanks
    Take a look at Exile Audio also. Exile and Wetsounds are kind of like comparing Ford and Chevy from what "they"say.

My Ride
    2007 Formula 260BR
    Thanks
    We also had Focal's installed at the lake and were not impressed and ripped them out four years later. The ones installed happened to be Auto speakers and not marine speakers so be careful.

We just had JL Audio installed and it blows away the Focal installation along with better amps and enough power. Be sure to not under amp the installation and have enough power coming to the setup.

Please learn from our mistakes. PM me and I'll let you know who installed our first stereo and the issues.

Mbrott

My Ride
    Boatless and shopping!
    Thanks
    Had JL in our first boat, sounded good but not super loud. 2nd boat was polk audio much louder. Currently trying to install wetsounds system in our Regal. Right now just have 4 sw650s running off the deck and its damn loud. Cant wait to add 4 more speakers, the subs and amps!!

My Ride
    25 Outlaw 500efi
    Thanks
    I haven't seen these mentioned, but I have 6 memphis marine 8's in our boat and I am very happy with the sound they put out.

My Ride
    1988 Baja 240 sport
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SoonerJake View Post
    Had JL in our first boat, sounded good but not super loud. 2nd boat was polk audio much louder. Currently trying to install wetsounds system in our Regal. Right now just have 4 sw650s running off the deck and its damn loud. Cant wait to add 4 more speakers, the subs and amps!!
    You have just the wetsound 650s running off the headunit? Im going to run the sx-650s, the sw are just the saltwater version. They sound good huh? Im gunna have 2 set (4 speaker) sx-650s and a set of hertz components so 6 -6.5s running off of one of wetsounds 6 channel amps, not sure what amp yet. And 2 12s. We will see how loud it is, and then go from there. I can run more 6.5s in parallel off the other speakers if I want to get louder, cause apparently wet sounds dont really lose rms power when they are ran in parrallel.

My Ride
    Boatless and shopping!
    Thanks
    Finally got my stuff installed. Really pleased with the result. Sounds great and is really loud.

My Ride
    99 IMP 330 Viper
    Thanks
    Never been a big fan of JL. I am going with MTX on this build they are pushing hard to make a come back in the audio market. The marine speakers I have heard from them is great. Can't go wrong with Polk or Memphis stuff either.

My Ride
    1996/2013 42' Fountain Lightni
    Thanks
    I have all Memphis and love it.

My Ride
    1996/2013 42' Fountain Lightni
    Thanks