Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

URGENT! 1998 Sea Ray 230 Bow Rider FOR SALE!

I am making a deal on a new boat and would like to sell this boat rather than trade it to the dealer. I need this to happen within the next week by 4/14/05. They are offering me $30,000 on trade and I would be willing to sell it to someone for $32,500 straight out to cover tax and my cover, anchor, etc that I would not trade with the boat. I know they will resale it for more than that. Make me an offer!!!

It is a 23 foot open bow with a 7.4L MPI (300HP) and Bravo I drive only 186 hours. This is a one owner, loaded, beautiful boat with a pristine interior and exterior. See images. I have original paperwork and all maintenance documents/invoices.

Factory Options: Snap-In Carpet Liner, Bimini Top w/ Boot & Vertical Storage, Cockpit Cover/Tonneau Cover (snap-on), Transom Trailer Trim Switch, Remote Oil Filter, CD/FM/AM Stereo, Battery On/Off Switch, Halon System, Bow Rider Filler Cushions, Hydraulic Trim Tabs, Pressure Water System w/ 8-Gallon Water Tank (Wet Bar & Transom Shower), Canvas Package

I have many more images depicting all the options please e-mail me if you would like more info or have interest. mwrightdvm@qwest.net

I spoke to Dr. Jeff and have permission to post this in Open Forum due to its urgency.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Take the money and run.

Do you have any idea what it's worth on paper?

I have the numbers.

Thanks
    What do you think it is worth? I don't know if I am being bent over the log or getting a decent deal? Know any interested parties? What price could it sell for straight out? Want to speculate on it? I just love this boat and as always what you have is not worth what you wish and whatever you want is always worth more than you have! Let me know...

My Ride
    2003 38' Powerplay & MrsJMS
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flying33
    Take the money and run.

Do you have any idea what it's worth on paper?

I have the numbers.
    Flying 33 would know, he is in boat sales. I ran the numbers also, I wouldn't want to insult you with what I think its worth. if they are giving you 30k trade value for it I'd take the deal and run. JMO, but I don't think you could come close to that at top $$$ retail.
    Because there is "No Life Like It"

My Ride
    2000 Baja 36 OUTLAW
    Thanks
    Thats is very high retail for that boat. In other words, the dealer is playing a numbers game with you.

My Ride
    32 Envison, V24 BatBoat
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,695 Times in 892 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Ask him what you can buy the boat with no trade for and I believe that you will find out that he is over allowing you 6-8,000 on your trade, meaning he would only be giving 22-24k for your boat in actual dollars. Pull the trade, and check out the deal!

Thanks
    I son't think he'll come off those numbers, but OBNOXUS is right on it's all in the numbers. But remember this, if a dealer is giving you high book he is probably ot willing to come down very far on the difference. Work the numbers in your favor if that means taking less for your boat to get the total loan amount down. You do have a very nice boat.

My Ride
    382 Fastech
    Thanks
    Very nice 230!! whoever your dealing with is "showing" you more than full retail.

NOTHING on trade is worth full retail it just doesn't work that way. Like 33 said, pull the trade and see where you end up. Is this on a new or used boat your trying to buy???

Thanks
    This is on a new boat. The deal gets kind of detailed b/c I'm trading of this and another boat on my new boat. I'll probably just let her go the route, I just thought somebody might like this one-owner prize however as it sounds not at those numbers. Thanks for the help. See you on the water.

Thanks
    We've got a 21 1/2 ft searay 98 with 104 hours beautiful shape and $3000 brand new stereo and I'd be happy getting $20,000 also has a 30ft triaxle trailer with it.
    The are playing a numbers game.

Thanks
    My 02 Maxum 2300SC , (also made by brunswick) has 73 hrs on her, she is in the classified section, I didn't take the trade the dealer offered me, course it was way outta line, I just wish I could sell this boat cause I would rather give someone a good deal on a nice boat as to let the dealer make more on the deal......nothing against dealers but that is just the way I am.
    Acrylic problems? I'm your guy......................

Thanks
    Reply to Nipples... I understand you have a 1997 215 but there is alot of diff b/t that boat and a 230BR w/ a 454MPI. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks
    Yep the difference is that yours is a open bow and ours is a cuddy,and a whole 1.5 feet longer than Nipples boat. Yours is a 454 ours is a 350 big deal they are playing the numbers game. Get the hint trade to the dealer because if you don't you will get stuck with a $24,000 boat. but thanks for the reply to nipples this is the better half speaking

Thanks
    Hey Guy, Not trying to say anything negative about your rig. I was just stating a difference b/t the boats for anyone looking @ this string. Thanks but I don't need you to tell me to take a hint, I have a little boat experience...or the finger you tagged on your reply. Just a nice guy trying to sell his boat rather than take a trade if anybody is interested. See you on the lake.

Thanks
    The point was trade the boat!!! you won't get that much for the rig without dealer trade like they said in the earlier post they are playing the numbers game with you . the reason for the finger is just trying for you to see that the deal the dealer is trying to give you is the real mckoy and get rid of the ride nothing against you just read the posts and try to figure out the deal is ok if the boat is a new one they are just playing the numbers and may be giving you more on the top of the new boat

Again nothing against you the point is trade you may get 24000 out of the boat on the open market