Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ozark TV series

Post Thanks / Like

Ozark TV series

Bateman to Return to TV in Series About Drug Money Laundering Set at the Lake

Deadline Hollywood is reporting Arrested Development star Jason Bateman is returning to television as the star, executive producer and director of Ozark a new series for M-R-C and Aggregate. Bateman is taking a dramatic turn with the hourlong “Ozark”, created by rising feature writer Bill Dubuque. Details about the project are being kept under wraps but it is said to take place in the dark and dangerous world of drug-money laundering. The series takes its name from the location where it is set, the Lake of the Ozarks…

Discuss... good or bad for the lake

My Ride
    New to me Cruiser & Friends
    Post Thanks / Like
    That does not sound good ...
    It's just a damn shame that common sense just isn't common. - Got 4-Play?

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on that description, I would say that it could be very harmful to the lake area tourism. Miami, New York, Las Vegas shows can get by with shows like this as folk already know those cities have crime issues.

It will be interesting to see how it is all portrayed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope the characters aren't laundering money by purchasing expensive boats.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where there's C-gar boats there must be drugs and drug money, don't you guys watch the old Miami Vice show.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can guarantee a Skater I know of will be out running if they show up to film here.
    I'd say it'll help the area a lot. I don't think people actually believe what they see in shows.
    I've not seen a single Walking Dead yet.
    Are you going to wire it 220? 220,221 what ever it takes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gotta say.....Even after living here full-time for 27 years I still look at alot of places on the lake and wonder what the hell all those people did to make so much money.
    Especially after meeting and talking to them, because frankly many of them are either dumber than a box of rocks.....or really good at acting like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Watched the whole series this past weekend
    It did draw me in enough to keep watching one episode after another

My Ride
    FORMULA FASTECH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wife & I decided to start watching it this weekend...
    We got 5 episodes into it so far.

My Ride
    TBD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wrapped up watching season 2.

Suddenly, boat wakes and lake lice don’t seem so bad now.

My Ride
    Formula, Cigarette, Cessna
    Post Thanks / Like
    I liked it better this year but the Georgia lake and little boats are really irritating. Anybody catch the 24 foot deck boat with the FLIR night vision just set up on the bow? What a joke and the stolen value was about what it was worth new in the box. They really need to shoot SOME of that footage here where real big boats (for a lake) live and there's at least some representation of the kind of action offered here at LOTO.

It's time for our local representatives to sponsor a bill to offer the production company a special tax rate to move them here vs. Georgia, it might distract them from another dumb wake bill.
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool's Gold View Post
    I liked it better this year but the Georgia lake and little boats are really irritating. Anybody catch the 24 foot deck boat with the FLIR night vision just set up on the bow? What a joke and the stolen value was about what it was worth new in the box. They really need to shoot SOME of that footage here where real big boats (for a lake) live and there's at least some representation of the kind of action offered here at LOTO.

It's time for our local representatives to sponsor a bill to offer the production company a special tax rate to move them here vs. Georgia, it might distract them from another dumb wake bill.
    https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/10-...on-tax-breaks/
    Kansas and Missouri need to step up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried watching this series but poor acting, scenes didn't look like LOTO (because it is not LOTO), poor plot, and filthy and unnecessary language. Yeah, I can take a few f-bombs if the script is good...but carpet bombing with f-bombs just sounds childish to me. Maybe it's just because I'm an old geezer...

My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just watched S2 E3 last night... I love it when Hollywood tries to portray hunting... It's quite clear they have zero clue what they're doing and think we're just walking around randomly firing rifles... at least they were looking down the correct end of the scope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefoot View Post
    Just watched S2 E3 last night... I love it when Hollywood tries to portray hunting... It's quite clear they have zero clue what they're doing and think we're just walking around randomly firing rifles... at least they were looking down the correct end of the scope.
    I like the show but that scene was a flat out joke, 6 guys tromping through the woods with rifle shot noise all around them. Then a deer foraging right in front of them. Incredibly poorly done scene, just dumb!