Likes Likes:  0
    My Ride
    36 Spectre Poker Run
    Post Thanks / Like

Loto drone no fly zones

So, I got a new drone, the Karma, and went out to practice and the controls say i'm in a no fly zone. I went to hivemapper , which showed I'm not near an airport nor a no fly area. I'm on 8mm west side of the lake. Is there any Loto restrictions? How about at Ha Ha Tonka?
    Man and machine moving as a single moving part
    Tim

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSRacing View Post
    So, I got a new drone, the Karma, and went out to practice and the controls say i'm in a no fly zone. I went to hivemapper , which showed I'm not near an airport nor a no fly area. I'm on 8mm west side of the lake. Is there any Loto restrictions? How about at Ha Ha Tonka?
    There's all kinds of haha tonka drone videos running around so I'd say it's fine

Glenwood, IA/10mm Spring Cove/Poplar Bluff, MO
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a grass strip private airport near Laurie on the way to the boy scout camp. I wonder if it's seeing that.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    "You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

My Ride
    290 PQ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Only about 5 miles to Mistwood private airport to the west.
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

My Ride
    33' Eliminator Daytona
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is an airport... if you wanna call it that at The Harbor Marina in the gravois.

My Ride
    36 Spectre Poker Run
    Post Thanks / Like
    FAA has an app called B4UFLY. It is showing Sherlock Field, Harbour, Eagles Roost all within 5 miles. Just on the edge of, Lake Ozarks Helicopter, Lomo 4, Tan Tar a Sea plane. So it seems these are not no fly zones but you cant fly without calling each spot to secure permission. So looking at the map it looks like the whole lake area is a no go. Basically, no flying without permission within 5 miles of any public or private landing spot. I can understand, before I knew this I flew up the cove below 400 feet as by law it won't fly higher. Today, what looked like a hospital helo flew over not much higher.
    Tim

My Ride
    old cars and trucks
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two A-10's came by today at Coconuts.
    Could not have been much over 300 feet off the water.
    Chitting and gittin it.
    All we saw was the undersides and a quick roar.
    OF ALL THE THINGS I'VE LOST IN MY LIFE,

I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably a stupid question....but why can't you fly a drone within a few miles of a landing strip?
    I can understand them not wanting them buzzing around directly in the landing path because it might scratch a plane, but in all seriousness is hitting a drone any different than hitting a buzzard or a duck?

Maybe it's a RFI thing, but if that's the case then they shouldn't be allowed anywhere. What if it caused those A10's to crash into Coconut's, or interefered with a life flight chopper.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrench View Post
    Maybe it's a RFI thing, but if that's the case then they shouldn't be allowed anywhere. What if it caused those A10's to crash into Coconut's, or interefered with a life flight chopper.
    The A-10's would have been fine... They're designed to take BULLETS after all.....

My Ride
    36 Spectre Poker Run
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can see all sides. The fact that someone can mow a field into a strip and then control all air within 5 miles pretty much shuts just about everywhere down. But then the guys flying the tourist copter don't want to be dodging flying toy trucks all day either. Since my controller knew the restrictions what it should do is adjust the elevation it can fly. Right now it stops at 400 feet. Maybe they could program out a 100 foot for each mile close to a strip. Anyway wouldn't fly near house much but thought a few summer dive board or boat shots from the air would be cool.
    Last edited by TDSRacing; 05-19-2017 at 01:58 PM. Reason: I can't spell
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont buy any of it. A drone is a freaking toy! No different than a Tonka truck in a sand box. And I dont need a CDL to play with my Tonka truck. So if and when I own a drone I will play with it any damn where I please.....

Post Thanks / Like

My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a federal court agrees these things dont need the over top scrutiny they have been getting.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/19/tech...istration-faa/

Glenwood, IA/10mm Spring Cove/Poplar Bluff, MO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    I dont buy any of it. A drone is a freaking toy! No different than a Tonka truck in a sand box. And I dont need a CDL to play with my Tonka truck. So if and when I own a drone I will play with it any damn where I please.....
    Do you play with your Tonka truck down in the pit of a Wyoming coal mine, with 100 ton dump trucks driving by? I doubt that would be allowed either. Your backyard is one thing but lots of people use the sky above it and it's no place for kids to play with anything when it's high enough or close enough to cause damage or kill someone.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    "You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmansell View Post
    Looks like a federal court agrees these things dont need the over top scrutiny they have been getting.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/19/tech...istration-faa/
    They'll figure it out one of these days....just wait for it.