Likes Likes:  0
    My Ride
    1999 Baja 33 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like

Recommendations for best oil in the 575s Blower and Crankcase

New to this performance stuff and would like some direction. I ran Amsoil in my stock 502s and was very happy. Not sure how it fits in with these "new to me" 575s. Any thoughts?
    SpyderNetwork

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by radroger View Post
    New to this performance stuff and would like some direction. I ran Amsoil in my stock 502s and was very happy. Not sure how it fits in with these "new to me" 575s. Any thoughts?
    All I run is Amsoil Marine in my 1050's.. and my outdrives as well.. I don't answer boils gear lube for the gear cases have a water separation additive in them it's not like standard 75-90. And their Lubes are specifically designed for marine applications. And if I'm not mistaken I think we were tied up to you guys at the lake race this year!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry damn autocorrect it was supposed to say I know Amsoil has a water separation additive in the oil and the outdrive Lube that prevents it from getting milky if there is any kind of water contamination

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you liked the Amsoil, it will be fine in 575sci's. I would plan on changing oil about every 30 hrs.

I ran Mobil1 15w-50 in my 525SC (and in my 502mpi's) which is very similar to the 575sci. Both have flat tappet cams.
    I run the Mobil1 because of availabilty, price ($26/5 qt jugs at Walmart) and it is a high quality synthetic.
    I also run Mobil1 M1-302 oil filters. Excellent filter with synthetic filter media that won't swell with any moisture from condensation.

My Ride
    38 Scarab AVS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoa whoa whoa... what did you buy???

My Ride
    02 42 Cigarette Tiger
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know what he bought, I think its a big blue thing that sat in Bass cove!
    99 382 Fastech Play ting IV
    84 170 Baja Br

My Ride
    36 Spectre Poker Run
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like Mobil 1, Royal Purple, and especially Amsoil. You get what you pay for. If it is a flat tappet Zinc and Magnesium are a must. Late model oils do not have enough of these. Diesel oil were once the ticket but not so much anymore, big brother got to them too.
    Man and machine moving as a single moving part
    Tim