Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    No suspension, no brakes, rudimentary steering, no doors, no air conditioning. If boat manufacturers set the price for vehicles they would be expensive.

My Ride
    29 outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting times.

My Ride
    2002 baja 33 outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatrate View Post
    At least they are selling them. Remember they gave Baja away for free. There are plenty of mercruiser powerplants being sold I doubt itÂ’s on the chopping block. Sea rays are nice and roomey but lack performance. It take a shit ton of diesel power to move one. There are a lot of way better options out there is my guess on the sale.
    They “gave” them away to someone who uses mercruiser power exclusively, so they had a home for their product, exclusively.... the runabout and cruiser market, not so much.... if you were to throw out the 2 Brunswick boat companies, I bet Volvo sells more these days, I doubt the future owner of Sea Ray will use mercruiser power exclusively

My Ride
    Waverunner / Work loaner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
    Next will be bayliner, then mercruiser....all that will be left is Mercury outboards( which is what is selling)
    The cash cow for sure.We (Lowe Boat) can't build "motor mounts" fast enough,and I would love to have just a percent of a percent of what Tracker spends on them..

Post Thanks / Like
    The most insane thing to me is price of new pontoons. Absolutely crazy - someone in that chain is getting filthy rich. Just look at all components - mainly cheap stuff. Yeah, yeah, yeah - they can say whatever - it's still just toons, plywood, and carpet. I crawled under one at a boat show 2 years ago - looked like treated plywood to me. $88,000. There was a thread on here from last year KC boat show with a pontoon for $140,000. I know they have nice overpriced outboards and all - just seems crazy. Always someone to fill the void of a person wanting to blow money foolishly i guess!

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baditude View Post
    I heard big thunder was buying them
    --- Not BTM, but ICM
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!