Post Thanks / Like

Wifi door lock and thermostats

Does anyone have this combo and what is the best.

My Ride
    07 310 Sundancer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Yale Lock and control both Thermostat and Lock with Vera... it isn't ideal but it is a free service so the price is right.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a wink and a honeywell thermostat and a schlage lock at the lake.

I also have an ecobee3 thermostat for my year round house.

I like the ecobee3 best. Easy installation.

The wink is a "hub" that controls various smart devices (thermostats, locks, motion sensors, lights, etc). It's nice to have one interface for everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yale Zwave lock here with SmartThings hub (Similar to Wink/Vera) and +1 for Ecobee3 thermostat with remote sensors. I got bit by the automation bug prior to getting place at the lake but its been especially great there. So nice to be able to turn on water heater and AC prior to heading to down and open water main soon as location services see that I've arrived . Also great to be able to remotely schedule codes on door locks for when Vendors/Guests need access.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Honeywell and don’t know how I would live without it. Kick the heat up few hours before I’m heading home or down to cool it off.
    Also they sent a report on monthly usage from mont to month

Post Thanks / Like
    Honeywell thermostat, Ring cameras on the deck,dock, and the front door. Installed a wifi switch to turn on a small flood lamp in the bilge to keep it warm.

Sent from my SM-J727R4 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure the door locks are going to always work. Your door will need to be perfect fit and most are not. Hell, I just built a brand new house a few years back and on my front door, I have had to adjust the striker plate several times. But I am all for the thermostat, ring cameras, along with Nestcams, garage door opener, and several switches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SeasonTicket View Post
    I have a Yale Lock and control both Thermostat and Lock with Vera... it isn't ideal but it is a free service so the price is right.

What is not ideal? I am not liking the $10/month nxia wants for their platform on top of a premium for the products

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve been using the Vera home automation hubs for a few years and have had very good experiences. Having a central automation hub is useful when you want to go beyond one or two components, but it does require planning and management. The benefit is the ability to use meshed z-wave (or other protocol) devices that communicate outside of your normal IP space.

So it’s not for everyone. I bought my Dad a Sensi Smart Thermostat for his lake place. It does not require a subscription and it works stand-alone. It wasn’t expensive, is secure, and is easy to use.

My Ride
    Chaparral 256ssi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun View Post
    I have the Honeywell and don’t know how I would live without it. Kick the heat up few hours before I’m heading home or down to cool it off.
    Also they sent a report on monthly usage from mont to month
    X2

Post Thanks / Like
    Update: Had a Sensi thermostat installed yesterday. The app to control it is very simple and free. Apparently it is Wink compatible if I want to get into the lights etc...