Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a busy week in our cove.

Maybe it's just me, but this past 9 days of the 4th of July week seemed like our cove (S. Buck Creek) was the busiest I've ever seen.

The past few years we have had more and more cruisers that anchor in the back of the cove, so they are coming and going all the time on the weekends. I'd say at times we had dozen boats plowing, around and around in circles pulling kids on tubes. Another dozen boats with people just out for a boat ride. Then add about 25 PWC's zipping around and lots of kayaks around the edges. It all makes for a very busy cove.

Is everybody noticing the same thing in your area?

Post Thanks / Like
    The Lake seemed busy from the Mouth of the Gravois arm to the community bridge. Other areas not to bad for 4th of July week.

My Ride
    36 Spectre Poker Run
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja 252 View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but this past 9 days of the 4th of July week seemed like our cove (S. Buck Creek) was the busiest I've ever seen.

The past few years we have had more and more cruisers that anchor in the back of the cove, so they are coming and going all the time on the weekends. I'd say at times we had dozen boats plowing, around and around in circles pulling kids on tubes. Another dozen boats with people just out for a boat ride. Then add about 25 PWC's zipping around and lots of kayaks around the edges. It all makes for a very busy cove.

The new buoy law will only make it busier. Our cove moved its no wake out another 1000 feet or so this year, have many good and some bad thoughts on that, but now could go farther, hoping that doesn't happen. Our cove is the next one over from you.......so that's were the traffic heads.
    Man and machine moving as a single moving part
    Tim

My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Libby Cove at BN1... the first few days of the week, including the 4th, were probably less busy than the holiday in years past. Thursday/Friday/Saturday seemed to be more normal, but nothing beyond that. I'm towards the back of the cove, so I can see all the wake boats and tubers, I just don't have to deal with the tidal wave and rocking dock. We do get the occasional cover, but not too many.

My Ride
    TBD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downing Branch Cove has become an anchoring cove. Similar situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TDSRacing View Post
    The new buoy law will only make it busier. Our cove moved its no wake out another 1000 feet or so this year, have many good and some bad thoughts on that, but now could go farther, hoping that doesn't happen. Our cove is the next one over from you.......so that's were the traffic heads.
    Tim, the No Wake buoys were extended 550 feet from old location. Cove width at the new No Wake location is only 360 feet. Too many guys 'plowing' in this narrow cove brought about the extended No Wake.

Lawrence

My Ride
    Crownline 202 LPX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indian Creek Cove was packed all week. The no wake zone at the left fork Family Friendly Party Cove was jammed with cruisers on Saturday. I like watching all the hardware cruise by though.

My Ride
    29 outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    45mm. Cartwright Cove, it was busy. And especially destructive this past weekend thanks to the new fad of wake surfing. I saw roman candles fired at a particularly inconsiderate boater but it didn't even faze them in their non stop assault on Poly Lifts and Dock Works products.
    2 docks broke loose from the massive rollers but Mr. DGAF just kept heavy on dat azz keeping it as deep as he could. We had 3 wake boats in there doing this surf crap and they had the lake more stirred up than 20 boats with towablea did over the past few years.
    If anyone has some higher powers Roman candles, I need some.

My Ride
    36 Spectre Poker Run
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    w
    Tim, the No Wake buoys were extended 550 feet from old location. Cove width at the new No Wake location is only 360 feet. Too many guys 'plowing' in this narrow cove brought about the extended No Wake.

Lawrence
    That's why I said much good; getting chewed out Wednesday, by someone in the back of the cove about it was the bad. We never got notice so I didn't know what to tell him lucky a neighbor jumped in with the answers. But that is not what my post was about, it was the new law will allow a much greater distance to be no wake but only to long boats, not the shorter heavy or wake boats. What it will do is push the rest into bigger coves or the channel just one small answer to the OP question. On the good it will create many cove out zones for folks, will get to see nice hardware as long as the music is good!!
    Man and machine moving as a single moving part
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tbird View Post
    45mm. Cartwright Cove, it was busy. And especially destructive this past weekend thanks to the new fad of wake surfing. I saw roman candles fired at a particularly inconsiderate boater but it didn't even faze them in their non stop assault on Poly Lifts and Dock Works products.
    2 docks broke loose from the massive rollers but Mr. DGAF just kept heavy on dat azz keeping it as deep as he could. We had 3 wake boats in there doing this surf crap and they had the lake more stirred up than 20 boats with towablea did over the past few years.
    If anyone has some higher powers Roman candles, I need some.
    A paintball gun is the solution.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baja 252 View Post

It was busy this weekend, I was back in there. That cove is one of our regulars to anchor out. You can't find a cove that isn't built up with houses without running past party cove into the state park. To do any type of water sports or anchor out you end up having to use coves with houses and docks all up and down them. One of the things where the lake is a victim of its own success.

For what it's worth I take it easy from the entrance off the main channel all the way back. We were rocking around dang near until we made the right turn this weekend...

Post Thanks / Like
    From our view at the 20.5mm it was non stop all weekend, 24/7. I don't think I ever looked out and did not see at least a couple of boats running. I was surprised how many tubers/skiers were on the main channel before 7am every day?

My favorite part was the sound of POWER, running up and down the lake. It is the reason LOTO is so special, no place like it! Long live Sterling Motors!!! (or any equivalent)
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    29 outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    My problem lies in them hugging the bouys so we take the full brunt of the wake. It's nothing compared to the main channel but neighbors aren't built for the main either

My Ride
    2016 Manitou Legacy LT SRS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I grew up coming to S Buck Creek, and the cruisers taking up residence has saddened me.

Saturday was pretty busy down by Ha Ha Tonka, but aside from that, it was awesome. I love being on the Niangua now. Traffic (what there is) from cruisers is minimal, and they go to Ha Ha Tonka, then leave...most of what happens around us is tubers and skiers....every morning we see Skiers...which is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by natesms View Post
    It was busy this weekend, I was back in there. That cove is one of our regulars to anchor out. You can't find a cove that isn't built up with houses without running past party cove into the state park. To do any type of water sports or anchor out you end up having to use coves with houses and docks all up and down them. One of the things where the lake is a victim of its own success.

For what it's worth I take it easy from the entrance off the main channel all the way back. We were rocking around dang near until we made the right turn this weekend...
    I agree with "the lake being a victim of it's own success".
    And thanks taking it easy in the cove. I see most cruisers idle when going to the back of the cove, but several take off halfway out of the cove at the end of the day.