Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have noticed my cove becoming an anchoring cove which is fine with me - I will take that any day over the wake boats - cancel my for sale sign!

Post Thanks / Like
    As long as one particular association controls any legislation which addresses wake issues in coves, the problem will only get worse. The "watered down" version of a "no wake" bill for coves which becomes law in September is worthless.

My Ride
    2018 Lip-Ship 39 GTS 3x400
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's a wake??? Isn't that where you pay respects to a deceased person?
    Tommy Gun

My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    I grew up coming to S Buck Creek, and the cruisers taking up residence has saddened me.
    Me too. I spent 15 years in that cove. It used to be a great cove. BTM had boats doing "fly by's" on the docks. Doing water tests. Lots of tubers and skiiers. Then all the sudden a few extra docks got added, cruisers (and other boats) started anchoring making it more crowded. While it is not a no wake cove, it might as well be. It just doesn't lend itself to the activity that used to be there. Bob would be sad. During my 15 years there, there were a couple pushes to make it no wake. Bob help fight it tooth and nail.

PS remind me to tell you the story sometime about how Bob wanted to pave the road and asked the neighbors to help chip in....It was a great idea and a win for everyone, but some folks are just plain cheap!

My Ride
    2016 Manitou Legacy LT SRS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmansell View Post
    Me too. I spent 15 years in that cove. It used to be a great cove. BTM had boats doing "fly by's" on the docks. Doing water tests. Lots of tubers and skiiers. Then all the sudden a few extra docks got added, cruisers (and other boats) started anchoring making it more crowded. While it is not a no wake cove, it might as well be. It just doesn't lend itself to the activity that used to be there. Bob would be sad. During my 15 years there, there were a couple pushes to make it no wake. Bob help fight it tooth and nail.

PS remind me to tell you the story sometime about how Bob wanted to pave the road and asked the neighbors to help chip in....It was a great idea and a win for everyone, but some folks are just plain cheap!
    I wouldn't mind making that cove home someday, but options are more and more limited. I'd pretty much kill for one of those homes on the flat lots "north" of BTM. I used to float off our dock (back of opposite branch of cove, across from Bass Point) and watch the hardware roll in and out of BTM...also used to be former home cove of Recovery, if I'm not mistaken. I KNOW it was the home of "Wild Horses"...that boat was awesome as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmansell View Post

It's probably not that some folks are cheap, looking at some of the homes, many might be hanging onto a second home at the lake by the skin of their teeth.

Post Thanks / Like
    The next fight for the blue hairs will be a noise ordinance if their cove is now a place for everyone to anchor and party because of the no wake law. It's a never ending circle but at least it keeps them busy during retirement.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    226 Cobalt
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forgive my ignorance here but has there ever been a noise ordinance enacted due to people coving out?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    Forgive my ignorance here but has there ever been a noise ordinance enacted due to people coving out?
    Only noise ordinance I know of on the lake is for loud exhaust. Would be hard to get something like that to pass for loud music/partying during the day. I've heard stories of some taking measures in their own hands and blasting Christian music or yelling at people all day long. I'm sure it will get interesting if big crowds start to congregate in new no wake coves.

My Ride
    293 Cobalt
    Post Thanks / Like
    We live in the very back of South Buck Creek and when coming back home we have to zig zag though all the boats, but for the most part everyone is great about loud music and just having a great time. Very entertaining on some days.

My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    ...also used to be former home cove of Recovery.
    Yes. That is back when Dennis Hillhouse owned it. He was my next door neighbor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by c jones View Post
    The next fight for the blue hairs will be a noise ordinance if their cove is now a place for everyone to anchor and party because of the no wake law. It's a never ending circle but at least it keeps them busy during retirement.

This blue (grey) hair likes big fast boats and loud music...

My Ride
    Cobalt 252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrence View Post
    This blue (grey) hair likes big fast boats and loud music...
    In moderation, yes I do... The only ones that aggravate me are the young kids driving daddy's boat that have never worked a day in their life, but act like they are entitled to everything and that the laws/rules don't apply to them...

And yes, I'm currently in therapy for my anger issues...
    Are you part of the problem? Or part of the solution?