Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noise

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dykstra View Post
    What boat and power!!??
    Orange 35 Outlaw with BIG power. Not sure what tune he has now. It was the fastest Baja ever to run the Shootout.

Quote Originally Posted by Omerta One View Post
    rom WP?

So what was the instruction from WP? Did WP just congratulate him or give him an ultimatum, like next "install mufflers or next time you get a ticket"...
    Not sure. There was a video of part of it on FB. WP looked pretty cool about it and he had a pic of the db meter reading. Didn't look like the test was done to exact standards either.

Post Thanks / Like
    The "loudest boat ever" was not given a ticket.

They didn't get pulled over, they contacted WP on their own and requested the test be done.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say "loudest boat ever" I said "it was is highest db reading he'd ever measured"

https://www.facebook.com/chad.prater.568

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt he drove up to the WP in the middle of the lake at night to ask for a db test

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I doubt he drove up to the WP in the middle of the lake at night to ask for a db test
    No, he called first, then they met him in the cove they were staying in.

My Ride
    Cig TG
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmansell View Post
    I thought it was three feet for the stationary test, 90db. (boats manufactured after 1/1/96) They might do four feet to allow for tolerance. Who knows.

But the old 1977 law is still on the books. And technically, a brand new boat has to be able to pass both laws.

The old law is 86db at 50 feet. (at any given time) In other words, you might pass running down the main channel at 40mph but fail the test running 70mph. Difference is you just get at ticket and be on your way.

But if you fail the stationary test under the newest law, (post 1996) they give you a ticket, but.... future tickets can result in an order to dry dock the boat until corrected.
    thanks for the additional information.... hopefully that is the last I hear from them regardless....
    “The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.”