Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Captainís Choice LED Flashing

I came back to the lake house today and found that my Captainís Choice LED light was flashing. The lift is not set to go up or down. Iíve tried manually switching to lower and raise, as well as using the remote to do both, but no change...still flashing. I have left a message for Ethan but just wondering if anyone here has run into this.

Also, the led flasher is really hard to see during the day. Has anyone used a different LED strobe that is brighter?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have zero experience with what you have, but I've learned from many experiences with computers, satellite receivers, and other electronic equipment that the first thing to try when things aren't right is to unplug it or take out the batteries for 30 seconds or so. I'd give that a shot first.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, good idea but already tried resetting the power too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to follow up, I received a call from Ethan this morning. Sounds like the logic board is going to need to be replaced.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rgabriel View Post
    Just to follow up, I received a call from Ethan this morning. Sounds like the logic board is going to need to be replaced.

Sounds logical.

Post Thanks / Like
    How much is the logic board? Curious as I have Captains choice also.
    Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll have to ask him, but as I just put this blower in last fall I’m still in the 1 year warranty.

Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone ever needs this or other parts again, I know Ethan has a bone yard as I have traded in units before and he has given me some credit for the old one. He also has given me prices for a used board before, but cant remember exactly how much as I just went with a new unit. I think it was about 1/3 cost of new similar complete unit. I just elected to upgrade to 2 blower Captains Choice. You can't beat Ethan for dependability and service. That's hard to say for a lot of businesses at the Lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear everyone seems happy with the dependability and service. Put one in last week and looks like I am going to need it repaired ASAP.

My Ride
    Intrepid, Formula, Cigarette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monokini View Post
    Glad to hear everyone seems happy with the dependability and service. Put one in last week and looks like I am going to need it repaired ASAP.
    New User on this board that would be great news If I didn't know Mono is one of the biggest lurkers in history

What happened to your KINI log on?
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven't been on for awhile and it was easier to start a new then get the old password. Ethan did return my call right away! Will get er fixed no problem.

My Ride
    Cig TG
    Post Thanks / Like
    all I seem to hear is problems with these things... our condo complex really wants people to go to these because they dont want lifts left down int he water but all I hear is problems with them... is this atypical, or do some have plenty of trouble free use with these?
    ďThe difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'.Ē

My Ride
    Intrepid, Formula, Cigarette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eichhoma View Post
    all I seem to hear is problems with these things... our condo complex really wants people to go to these because they dont want lifts left down int he water but all I hear is problems with them... is this atypical, or do some have plenty of trouble free use with these?
    The biggest problem I have with both the First Mate and Captains Choice is the damn remotes (I have both). Both are pretty limited in range on the water and the Captain's Choice remote flat eats their little watch batteries. In general the First Mate, I think, is way better engineered.

The small fob design with large buttons on the CC remote will accidentally activate if you put it in any pocket or even bump it around in a cup holder too much. Funny thing is I almost have to be in the well to get my CC to respond intentionally but if I drop it on the night stand in my bedroom in the evening I see my red strobe start flashing a couple of hundred feet away through walls and a steel roof on the dock.

I would love a hard wire remote to mount on the dash of the boat that ran off of 12vlt that had a lot more range and reliability.
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

My Ride
    36 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    We've had a First Mate system for 8 years now and haven't had any issues other than replacing the batteries in the remote. We have a walkway around the boat and a platform in the back so we raise the lift every time we're out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool's Gold View Post
    The biggest problem I have with both the First Mate and Captains Choice is the damn remotes (I have both). Both are pretty limited in range on the water and the Captain's Choice remote flat eats their little watch batteries. In general the First Mate, I think, is way better engineered.

The small fob design with large buttons on the CC remote will accidentally activate if you put it in any pocket or even bump it around in a cup holder too much. Funny thing is I almost have to be in the well to get my CC to respond intentionally but if I drop it on the night stand in my bedroom in the evening I see my red strobe start flashing a couple of hundred feet away through walls and a steel roof on the dock.

I would love a hard wire remote to mount on the dash of the boat that ran off of 12vlt that had a lot more range and reliability.
    I wonder if you could hard wire in a home link system to your boat? I would think the basics of the remote control are the same as a garage door opener?
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO