Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anybody NOT going to the Shootout on Saturday due to the extended no-wake zone?

Just curious as to how many have decided not to go because of it.

It’ll be interesting to see how the the size of this year’s Saturday spectator fleet compares to previous years.

My Ride
    New to me Cruiser & Friends
    Post Thanks / Like
    going, but have no boat ... lol looking for a ride for me and kat.
    otherwise prob take launch out to celebrity if they are still doing that..?
    It's just a damn shame that common sense just isn't common. - Got 4-Play?

Post Thanks / Like
    Plan on going early to avoid the No Wake. However the ride back will suck since I'm at the 20MM.

On a side note: How many water patrol boats are out on the water??? 15 - 20 …. If everyone just hammers down at the end on Saturday, how many can they actually stop? And is it a $25 fine now for No Wake violations?

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm pretty sure we are gonna skip the Shootout Saturday and bar hop in the smaller numbers and watch it on TV's and then go to the Shootout on Sunday.
    We normally go to the Shootout both days, but idling 13 miles in the predicted 94* with 63% humidity=112* heat index does not sound appealing.

To those that say, just stop and eat somewhere after, I find it highly unlikely that there will be any dock space at any of the restaurants after 3pm. Once people are at a restaurant, they won't be leaving until 630 or later. A lot of places will also be short staffed since the college kids went back to school.

Post Thanks / Like
    Luckily I'm on the BN so no worries for me but I'm also interested in seeing how big the crowd is. I thought the extended no wake would hurt the crowd last year, obviously not as long as this year, but I think it was the biggest crowd yet.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

My Ride
    226 Cobalt
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are at the 26mm and I'm on the fence about going. Is the extended no wake zone for the safety of the people traveling up there by boat? It can't be for the race event itself. Is it to discourage attendance by boat? More people at the restaurant is more money in their till.

My Ride
    Challenger SV24 "RUSH HOUR"
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are not going, going to stream it on a buddies dock and make hot laps up and down the lake.

My Ride
    330SS Formula/252BR Formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are having shootout party at our dock sat.

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm at the 6.5 and everyone that normally goes to the shootout is still going despite the no-wake. Leave early to get their spot and avoid no-wake, and then wait until the no-wake lifts to head home. I expect it's going to be just like last year where everyone waits until it lifts, then drops the hammer. Thank goodness it ends at 7 instead of the original 8, I couldn't imagine the cluster of everyone heading home with night setting in.

My Ride
    FORMULA FASTECH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wife said what Griff said... to hot to be going that far at idle speed!
    We are coming the next weekend instead...

My Ride
    43 donzi zr
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.HAPPY View Post
    Wife said what Griff said... to hot to be going that far at idle speed!
    We are coming the next weekend instead...
    DITTO watch steaming on the KRMS radio

My Ride
    Formula 336 SR1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Going to dock party on Saturday to watch it on TV. Might make it there on Sunday............It'll be interesting to see the impact of the 10 miles of no wake on the size of spectator fleet on Saturday and boat traffic between 7 and 8 PM. At some point the WP needs to re-evaluate effectively shutting down 14 miles of the lake for this event. No doubt it brings in money for lake area charities, fire departments and tourism but a lot of homeowners and businesses are now affected by the expanded no wake zone. I support the event and like to see it be successful but something doesn't sit right with me about this.

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    While its cool and I love to people watch - its no longer a "have to" for me (plus we have to go to a damn wedding this weekend!) I think I like the harbor hops and poker runs just as much. I also like the street events - especially if I can walk around with a beer in my hand.

Do they still have the stereo shootout? that was always cool when it was at Shooters.

My Ride
    TBD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boatless, unfortunately. Otherwise, I’d chill anywhere till 7 and then ROCK N ROLL.

What another outstanding opportunity to truly run an offshore boat. Where’d the gamers go?

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna blast back to the 18mm from cove to cove in the bassboat as long as the coast is clear. If we see a WP boat we'll stop and fish for a bit until he's out of sight.

Worse case scenario: We get busted and pay 25.00 which beats the hell out of idling for 15 miles.