Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Glenwood, IA/10mm Spring Cove/Poplar Bluff, MO
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how we missed this place this summer... Margarita Tiki Bar and Pool.

Doing some beautiful September boating today and made it down to Tan Tara to check out the progress on Margaritaville. Wow, what a nice facility they have on the water. Very nice Tiki Bar, pools, waterslide, and adult only pool and swim up bar. Great view and lits of fans at the Tiki Bar...making for a nice evening.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
    "You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks nice, we drove by in the car at the end of April..... Going to have to go check this out now .....
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Tiki Bar open until second week if October. After this week it will be weekends only.

"You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer864 View Post
    Doing some beautiful September boating today and made it down to Tan Tara to check out the progress on Margaritaville. Wow, what a nice facility they have on the water. Very nice Tiki Bar, pools, waterslide, and adult only pool and swim up bar. Great view and lits of fans at the Tiki Bar...making for a nice evening.

They have totally done a major renovation and are working on everything we just spent the weekend there testing the big purple fountain out and the staff and the Tiki Bar were a blast

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Margaritaville at Tan-Tara. Went there early August on a Friday. Pool is nice. View is nice.
    They had hardly any food options at the time and were still working on the new building.
    They have a breakwater, which helps, but still a little rough water. I wouldn't go on a Summer Saturday.

My Ride
    34 Superboat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great didn't know they got running this season. .....will stop in tomorrow, went by earlier this year , they were working on everything but not running

Hope they can make decent Margarita

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about the duck $hit on the dock? They could use a power wash or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ride
    34 Superboat
    Post Thanks / Like
    They might need a rubber snake or two ....you know the ducks around here don't recognize rubber gators

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed the duck dooty when I kayaked past Tan-Tar-A's docks on Labor Day. It was pretty unsightly, and not what one would expect from a nice resort--especially on a busy holiday weekend. It's not a new problem, either. Here's a photo I took while kayaking past their docks on October 15, 2009. You couldn't avoid stepping in it if you tried.

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Shit !!!! I trust it's not like that any longer ...... Jim, this pic could really hamper their business ..... Even if it was in 2009
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

My Ride
    Crownline 285ss
    Post Thanks / Like
    We stopped by a few weeks ago to check it out, also. We enjoyed the pool area and the kids liked the slide.

I heard two differing statements about when the restaurant would open. The gas dock said October. The bartender said March. I'm guessing March is the better bet.
    Deadrise & Derailleurs
    2014 Crownline 285ss
    The Best Medicine

My Ride
    1995 Chris Craft 33 Crowne
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's awesome they at least got some "test runs" in this season. I had sort of written it off until at least next year. Will definitely have to check it out. We have been trying to venture away from the smaller numbers more and more and this will be a good stop in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, still lots of duck crap on the docks. Restaurant supposed to open next April according to the bartender. He also said 40 more slips are being added.

My Ride
    03 38' PP & 00 380 Sundancer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boated there Tuesday night for a night of fine dining at Windrose. Excellent dining experience and didn't see any poop on the docks.
    Because there is "No Life Like It"

Post Thanks / Like
    They must have cleaned the docks. I was there Sunday and it was pretty bad. If you could get in the first 5 or so from shore notbbad, but the ref of the way was pretty much like Jim’s 2009 pic. Enjoyed the place though. Ate lunch and had a beverage inside. It was nice and the staff friendly with excellent service.