Post Thanks / Like

Walnut harvesters?

I had the number for a guy out of Lebanon that loaded up walnuts here by the truckload.

Several pickup loads looked to barely make it up the hill out of the cove.

I lost his phone number with a reboot of my phone. If anyone has a contact or a charity that wants to harvest some bazillion walnuts, I would appreciate a contact here or in PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I made calls to a few huller/buyer sites today. I have a few leads on folks that will harvest the walnuts. A few organizations, like Future Farmers of America, also will harvest the walnuts to sell and raise monies.

Glenwood, IA/10mm Spring Cove/Poplar Bluff, MO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Countryside Nursery north of Barnett on AA pays $14 per hundred pound if anyone wants to sell some right off the tree.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    "You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer864 View Post
    Countryside Nursery north of Barnett on AA pays $14 per hundred pound if anyone wants to sell some right off the tree.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    That looks like the going rate. I have called most of the buyers/hullers. I am looking for the harvesters that want to make some money before I ditch the walnuts into the woods.

I guess the squirrels will be happier..

My Ride
    24 ft Four Winns
    Post Thanks / Like
    check the bulletin board at Woods - there was a church group that sent kids out to pick them up as a fund raiser

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by THE GHOST View Post
    check the bulletin board at Woods - there was a church group that sent kids out to pick them up as a fund raiser
    You did not mention which Woods, but I checked all three during my travels around the lake today. I got my groceries but I saw no fliers on the community boards for an organization looking to harvest the walnuts.

Between the 3-4 lots and the HOA park, a group could raise some money. Not sure about this year but last year the harvester out of Lebanon took two full pickup beds out of here in the cove.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, apparently my call to Agri Services in Lebanon paid off.

Joey, the walnut harvester, showed up here late this afternoon.
    If you have some walnuts that you want to be rid of, call Joey @ 417-533-4032.