Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do the coves ever freeze over in the winter? Do a few on-water pubs stay open all winter? Thank you again for all your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of the smaller / shallow coves may freeze, but it's not for extended periods typically. Rarely would you see ice on the main channel or larger coves.
    Not many on water places stay open all year. Horny Toad's and Red Head are the only 2 I can think of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe View Post
    Some of the smaller / shallow coves may freeze, but it's not for extended periods typically. Rarely would you see ice on the main channel or larger coves.
    Not many on water places stay open all year. Horny Toad's and Red Head are the only 2 I can think of.
    Pier 31 does as well.
    KevinM
    Omaha, NE

Post Thanks / Like
    The two largest lake front resorts do have restaurants that stay open all year but often long walk to that area of resorts. Tan Tara which is changing to margarittaville and lodge of 4 seasons are those 2 resorts.

My Ride
    old cars and trucks
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are plenty off the water and very active year round.
    OF ALL THE THINGS I'VE LOST IN MY LIFE,

I MISS MY MIND THE MOST!!

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can't boat to it but Fat Polly's at Port Arrowhead is another place that's pretty much on the water and open year 'round.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Ride
    Chaparral 256ssi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lake House 13 (13 MM) has stayed open thru the winter the last two years. They are currently on Thursday through Monday hours (closed Tue and Wed) I think, until the NFL season is over.

My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
    Pier 31 does as well.
    Restaurant at pier 31 is closed again. Second group in less that 3 years could not make a go of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    Can't boat to it but Fat Polly's at Port Arrowhead is another place that's pretty much on the water and open year 'round.
    I’m pretty sure you can dock at Marinemax. It’s just a short walk up the hill to FP’s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KCHOTBOAT View Post
    Restaurant at pier 31 is closed again. Second group in less that 3 years could not make a go of it.
    Hadn't heard that.
    KevinM
    Omaha, NE

My Ride
    2007 Chaparral 276 SSX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bud needs to do a major clean up of the docks and spend a few dollars on the building before anything will survive there... it just isn't very appealing to dine and look at dilapidated and half sinking old boats and the wave break is on its last legs... I really want both Pier 31 and any restaurant that goes in to survive... but it won't happen without some investment at some point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Growing up in western PA I learned that every winter is different but, in general, when do you start to see 60 days? Do most people have their own garages for 30'+ boats or is there a go to winter storage spot(s)? Thanks again

My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lake p.a.l. View Post
    Growing up in western PA I learned that every winter is different but, in general, when do you start to see 60 days? Do most people have their own garages for 30'+ boats or is there a go to winter storage spot(s)? Thanks again
    Some leave them in covered slips or store them. I left my boat in the slip last year and this year it is my shop. In the past I started boating in April up to mid Nov. I have friends that boat at Grand lake and claim they get at least a extra month of boating.

My Ride
    Chaparral 256ssi
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are a few 60 degree days almost every month. The traditional boating season is the first of May until the first of October, but there are many suitable boating days before and after this. I have regularily swam in the lake until the end of October and the water was warm enough last year to float in it comfortably on Memorial Day but that is a little unusual.

My boat sits on a lift in a covered dock year round as do most others.

My Ride
    34 Superboat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do most people have their own garages for 30'+ boats or is there a go to winter storage spot(s)? Thanks again
    Alot of people here don't even have trailers for their boats , I thought that was odd but get it now . Trailer and or any storage is limited with many of the lake properties so take that into consideration.
    Take a look at the website "dock realty " to get a idea of both lifts and docks at the lake.