florissant mo/ 8mm big niangua,clearwater con
    Thanks

powerquest boats?

what ever happened to powerquest boats , did they ever reopen with a new owner? what years are the best to buy in the 27-30 range? how is the ride?

My Ride
    1999 Baja 29 Outlaw
    Thanks
    Christian..............
    Stirring the pot since 2005!

My Ride
    .38 Special Ed
    Thanks
    lots of stories and rumors

probably the best thread on the net about Mr. Moll and PQ is on OSO

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...d.php?t=115333

THis has been going since last October, and was updated yesterday with info from folks who live in the area and drive by.

Right now one of the best buys in my never to be humble opinion is the 290 enticers, good lines, great ride, decent performance and they hold a ton of stereo (high 60s, low 70s) true deep V 24 degree, and twins (and have fridge, head, microwave and pressure water). The 280 Silencer is also a good buy for the single. BSB had one that he did awesome things to and if flat flew.

I picked up my 290 last year for a song and it has been a solid boat and I would not hesitate to get another. The one I found had every option (502s, full hyd steering, k planes, Kiek controls, leather interior in the cabin etc.) the 90-95 boats were made, according to folks who have been PQ fans for a while, with better attention to detail and quality then some of the newer ones.

The PQ forum on OSO is full of knowledgable folks who are more than willing to help out

Good luck
    Best quote of the day so far...."I used to always make it rain at the strip clubs, but they kicked me out cause the dancers were slipping on the nickles." courtesy of DJ it made me laugh out loud

Thanks
    I had a 1994 29 Entice and loved it. Like Christian said nice lines, roomy cabin and cockpit and decent GPS readings Having a hard time finding a relacement! Extremely solid boat

A buddy of mine is putting his 26 legend up for sale, 1998 with a 454 mag efi, super clean boat will be in the classifieds shortly
    [smilie=****sakes.gif] Put that in your Smipe and Poke it

Olathe, Kansas / Indian Rocks Beach, Florida
    My Ride
    Boatless...for now :-)
    Thanks

Re: powerquest boats?

Quote Originally Posted by ptextreme
    what ever happened to powerquest boats , did they ever reopen with a new owner? what years are the best to buy in the 27-30 range? how is the ride?

WHAT????????? A standard V-Hull with stern drive proplusion??? You do know a Powerquest in that size won't be rigged for an Outboard, right?????

"I love waking up drunk in the morning"

florissant mo/ 8mm big niangua,clearwater con
    Thanks
    Whats that you say, no motor on the back!I guess the next thing you will say is that it has no trolling motor plug on the front of the boat either. well, thats crap and crazy talk, and I'll hear none of that.

Thanks
    I had a smaller 21 foot powerquest ski boat. Loved it and sometimes miss it, until I remember trying to get from PB2 to Party Cove on a holiday weekend at noon. Great boat, never had anything come loose like some of my friends with there Maxums and Bayliners. I would own another one in a heart beat! Just tough to find.

My Ride
    Cig Cafe
    Thanks
    Did PQ use Baja hulls w/ a new top slapped on?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ptextreme
    Whats that you say, no motor on the back!I guess the next thing you will say is that it has no trolling motor plug on the front of the boat either. well, thats crap and crazy talk, and I'll hear none of that.
    [smilie=rollinglaugh.gif]