PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Support Our Troops Poker Run Dates

Dr. Jeff
10-18-2009, 05:55 PM
Its official, we have our permit or next year.

Registration friday 6/25/2010
Poker Run Saturday 6/26/2010

Details to follow as they come, but get your vacation dates in now!!!!! [smilie=042.gif]

Red02
10-18-2009, 10:29 PM
done i am in. as long as they don't extend us over here

srv220
10-19-2009, 04:58 AM
done i am in. as long as they don't extend us over here

I hope you can. We need some more boats to run with ggspot and I. I will also be there
And have my boat with me this year.

Rockstar42
10-19-2009, 09:22 AM
Cool maybe my boat will be running by then[smilie=banghead.gi:

Red02
10-19-2009, 01:24 PM
hopefully i won't be in my sea ray. lol. it all but sold now.

i will be sporting at least 26ft of new boat. it will fit in nice with this poker run too. hehehe

the bear
10-19-2009, 02:15 PM
I hope to sporting something newer/faster, but the reality will be in the same ride as now.....

Mark 292
10-19-2009, 05:36 PM
I am planning on being the SLOWEST boat again![smilie=042.gif]

ggspot
10-22-2009, 08:02 AM
i think you may of been 2nd slowest:head:

ggspot
10-22-2009, 08:03 AM
we need lots more boats in that slow group we only had 1st and 2nd place[smilie=lols]

baywatch
10-22-2009, 08:53 AM
We are in again!!!

Unless I hit the lottery and get to repower over the winter I will still be in the slow group. We ran 45-55mph (with a couple little bursts up to 65mph) for the most part and had a nice little group of slower boats. The rougher the better for our heavy resin bucket:mrgreen:

ggspot
10-22-2009, 12:24 PM
no we are talking slow 30 35 [smilie=106.gif]

Mark 292
10-22-2009, 04:14 PM
i think you may of been 2nd slowest:head:

I dont think so...... I know I was the SLOWEST!!!!!!!! :oops::(

no we are talking slow 30 35 [smilie=106.gif]

If I was lucky I might hit 30 on the run [smilie=106.gif]:scooter:

ggspot
11-01-2009, 07:56 PM
still fun times:)

srv220
11-01-2009, 08:00 PM
:scooter:

He has you on that one. We still made all 10 stops in less than 5 hours.

nomo
11-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Cool maybe my boat will be running by then[smilie=banghead.gi:

Your boat will be ready by then because you will be at Bergers right? They wont let you miss it.

26 Spyder
11-02-2009, 05:54 PM
I am in! Plenty of time to get the Squadron done!

bradman
11-24-2009, 12:49 PM
That works perfect for my hiding of the boat from the insurance companies down here during hurricane season...We're In!!!

271FasTech
02-04-2010, 08:49 AM
It is on my calendar... missed last year and hope to be back this year.

27Islander
02-04-2010, 11:36 AM
We are in too with a few extra people. Great time last year, even it was beyond hot.Going to enjoy riding with the slow boat division again this year.

271FasTech
02-04-2010, 12:31 PM
How soon will the website be up and when will registration begin?

Nate
02-04-2010, 01:15 PM
If I go, I'll need a ride on the water....anybody got room?

eddie
02-04-2010, 06:27 PM
How soon will the website be up and when will registration begin?

Jeff and I are working on it now, we need to make sure our cost haven't gone up much from last year. Hope to have more details and on-line registration up and going soon.

If you know of anyone that might be interested in sponsoring this year let us know. Every year we have tried to double our donation to Operation Home Front, I want to do the same this year. :mrgreen:

mach1-27
02-04-2010, 07:16 PM
couldnt make it last year hope i am definetly in this year. slow group look out cause here i come

oknozelman
02-08-2010, 12:55 AM
I would like to make it, but have been told the water is real rough. Do you thik my 26' Daytona can get around ok ?

bustag
02-12-2010, 05:50 AM
I would like to make it, but have been told the water is real rough. Do you thik my 26' Daytona can get around ok ?

We had smaller boats last year make the run so if you drive smart and pay attention you will be ok. I think a 23 ft made all the stops.

Dont miss it [smilie=042.gif]

joey
02-12-2010, 08:01 AM

Definitely in again this year, it was a great time for a great cause.

Like Busta said, play it cool and you'll be just fine. [smilie=042.gif]

ggspot
02-24-2010, 08:48 PM
eddie pm me on sponsering the run

eddie
02-25-2010, 07:31 AM

You're on my short list after we have sponsorship pricing figured out. [smilie=042.gif]

the bear
02-25-2010, 07:43 AM
......sorry...cant make it now......

ggspot
02-25-2010, 06:14 PM
we are so ready to party with this great group and raise money for operation home front

baywatch
03-21-2010, 06:17 PM
Is registration available to fill out yet?

eddie
03-22-2010, 05:28 PM
Is registration available to fill out yet?

Not yet, DJ is working on it. Hope to have it up and running by the weekend.:twisted:

eddie
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM

Roy I emailed you the info! :mrgreen:

Kyle for Kelly's Port has given me some good contact this year too, it's giong to be a good time. :mrgreen:

Registration is up: http://midwestboatparty.com/pokerrun/registration.htm

What will Matthew and Brett show up in this year? Last year the helicopter couldn't hardley keep up with the MTI. :cool:[smilie=crazy]

SHIP4BRAINS
03-25-2010, 08:38 PM
We are hoping to do it this year! Can't wait!

srv220
03-25-2010, 08:38 PM

I will be there in my 22' sea ray

SHIP4BRAINS
03-25-2010, 08:43 PM
I will be there in my 22' sea ray

I'll be in my 24' H2X....going SLOW

Lakerat
03-25-2010, 08:43 PM
TURBO II aka OTTOPEDDLER get us registered, this is on my bucket list (again) [smilie=042.gif]

Dr. Jeff
03-25-2010, 09:12 PM
The registration is indeed up.

A couple things to point out. The map and the stops as well as some of the download forms (gps coordinates, maps) are from last year. We don't yet have all the stops finalized so make sure you look for the updated info a little later.

Also, the early bird special is going to go through May 30, if you want to save some money sign up early. Unlike last year where people signed up but didn't pay till the last second, the early bird price is only for PAID registrations.

The reason we do this is that poker runs are incredibly expensive to put on, and its almost impossible to accurately order things like shirts, food, etc without a proper head count. Last year, we had almost 65% of the people sign up in the last 2 days, and although it made for a great turnout, we ran out of shirts, we were lucky to be able to scramble and find enough food, and registration was a nightmare since no one had anything filled out.

Lastly, we tried very hard last year to make sure everyone got helicopter time for the video and stills, but despite our best efforts, many (including myself for the second year) never saw the helicopter. Our goal this year (assuming our sponsors and early registrants come through) is to have two helicopters in the air for the run so that we don't miss so many boats this year.

We're looking forward to another fantastic turnout to support this great charity. [smilie=042.gif]

One more thing, if you own a business, or work for one, or have a neighbor or anyone else that might be interested in helping us support our troops by sponsoring this event, please put them in touch with either myself or Eddie. The more of our budget we can get covered by sponsorship, the more money we have available for prizes and donations to Operation Homefront.

Red02
03-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Is there any way to register now with out a boat. lol . I know this sounds silly but I am in Afghanistan still so i haven't bought the new boat yet but i will have one.

I will be there with some of the other guys from my unit that will be getting home in a couple weeks.

can_play007
03-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Just signed up and will be sending a check in the mail....BTW the waiver form is dated 2009 and not 2010....should we use this one or are you going to put a new one up? We might be able to take a couple of people again this year just don't know at the moment whether or not we'll have any other passengers...

Jim

Just re-sent our application....Looking forward to doing the run again we had a great time last year... Hopefully were able to get in some or the running shots by the helicopter this year....

BDiggity
03-26-2010, 09:24 AM
DJ- Will toplessness (females) give us a better shot at making the video or you trying to keep this more family friendly?

BDM
03-26-2010, 09:40 AM
DJ- Will toplessness (females) give us a better shot at making the video or you trying to keep this more family friendly?

Considering they used the edited version of "I'm on a Boat" in last years video, I'd say they're going for more family oriented for the DVD material.....

ggspot
03-26-2010, 12:48 PM
i think topless :twisted:

Dr. Jeff
03-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Is there any way to register now with out a boat. lol . I know this sounds silly but I am in Afghanistan still so i haven't bought the new boat yet but i will have one.

I will be there with some of the other guys from my unit that will be getting home in a couple weeks.

Yes you can register now and just give me the boat details when you have them.

Dr. Jeff
03-28-2010, 09:23 PM
ATTENTION!!!!!!!!

If you registered before the date of this post (3/28/10) I need you to re-register.

Some of our old code got put back in and I have not gotten any of the registrations, I know its a pain, but it is fixed now, so please Re-Register!!!!!!

Sorry for the pain, but I hope we didn't hit too many people with this. [smilie=042.gif]

Oh, and the waiver is fixed now and is the 2010 version.

DJMALCOM
04-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Will get registered this weekend...let me know if you need any help! [smilie=smilie_flag:

Dr. Jeff
04-20-2010, 08:51 PM
A couple of updates:

Registration party friday night will be at Lazy Gators from 6-9. It will be much more comfortable than last year, plenty of space, cold beverages, and music.

We will be having our first silent auction at the registration party also. Plenty of things to bid on, from bottles of wine, to Cardinals tickets, rounds of golf, etc. etc.

The run will be very similar to last year, just a few minor changes, Dirty Duck is out, and Paradise is in, and on the shorter run, El Capitan takes the place of Bambooze.

Our plan right now is for 2 helicopters to double the chances of everyone getting some helicopter time (maybe I'll actually be under the helicopter for the first time this year! [smilie=106.gif])

Post party will again be at Dog Days with great food, and once again the world famous DJ Rich will be playing for out after party.

Sunday we will have our Rehab day at Lazy Gators.

The event will be covered by LO Profile and Lake32TV

As more updates come in I'll let you know.

Please get registered early!!!!!!!!! (http://lakeozarkspokerrun.com)

Lakerat
04-21-2010, 04:02 PM
TURBO II aka OTTOPEDDLER get us registered, this is on my bucket list (again) [smilie=042.gif]

Otto, you have us registered for this yet, or do I need to find another ride [smilie=trink39]

BDM
04-21-2010, 04:03 PM
Otto, you have us registered for this yet, or do I need to find another ride [smilie=trink39]

Last I talked with him (last weekend) Rich, he was going to verify vacation time and let me know if they'd be able to make it.

By the way, if you and them need a place to crash... I might know of a Condo.... ;)

TW720HVY
05-06-2010, 09:28 AM
Is there going to be a Friday raft-up before the registration this year?

eddie
05-06-2010, 06:12 PM
Is there going to be a Friday raft-up before the registration this year?

We haven't done a raft up in the past, but if you guys want to meet during the day that would be cool. I'll be down Thursday night so if it all works out it might be nice to hang out a bit before it gets crazy busy.

Since the registration party is at Lazy Gators maybe we can meet in the area of Bumps and do lunch there since Dan is a sponsor of the run too? Just tossing out ideas [smilie=042.gif]

Lakerat
05-06-2010, 06:21 PM
I talked with Otto last night, he is out on the Poker Run.....

Matt, I will let you know in a couple of weeks on the condo, may have a place, looks like there may be a half dozen girls coming down with me, just confirming accomadations.....[smilie=042.gif]

TW720HVY
05-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Eddie... I must have been thinking of the first year MWBP had the run. There was some kind of a MWBP and TBM get together on the Friday before. We missed last years so I did not know there wasn't one.

271FasTech
05-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Finally got confirmation that my son will be able to attend this year. Got registered today and the check will be in the mail. Can't wait.

We would also like to run with a couple other boats this year. The first year we ran alone and really didn't know anyone to hang out with. We live at the 2mm and we are open to the short run or the full run.

Nate
05-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Like I said in the dam to dam run, if anybody wants an extra passenger, just give me a text or call at (573) 690-3534. I'm out of college for the summer, so, I'm afailable for any other runs you may want to make...willing to tag along to any event.

ggspot
05-10-2010, 11:47 AM
GLADE WE CAN HELP OUT WITH SPONSORSHIP OF THIS GREAT EVENT[smilie=042.gif]

ggspot
05-11-2010, 09:42 PM
Finally got confirmation that my son will be able to attend this year. Got registered today and the check will be in the mail. Can't wait.

We would also like to run with a couple other boats this year. The first year we ran alone and really didn't know anyone to hang out with. We live at the 2mm and we are open to the short run or the full run.

we dont run fast but would love to run with group of boat[smilie=appl]

ggspot
05-21-2010, 08:58 PM
We haven't done a raft up in the past, but if you guys want to meet during the day that would be cool. I'll be down Thursday night so if it all works out it might be nice to hang out a bit before it gets crazy busy.

Since the registration party is at Lazy Gators maybe we can meet in the area of Bumps and do lunch there since Dan is a sponsor of the run too? Just tossing out ideas [smilie=042.gif]

that sounds like a cool plan[smilie=trink39]

Griff
06-01-2010, 11:45 PM
Just so everyone is aware, there may be some stepped up BUI enforcement. Have a DD for after the party.
http://www.operationdrywater.org/

bustag
06-02-2010, 10:50 PM
Just so everyone is aware, there may be some stepped up BUI enforcement. Have a DD for after the party.
http://www.operationdrywater.org/

Same as last year. Huh?

Griff
06-04-2010, 12:53 AM
Same as last year. Huh?

Thats right.... I forgot it was the same weekend last year too.

QWKRN U
06-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Wont make the run but will be available to help out if needed.

35fountain
06-08-2010, 10:57 PM
what is the boat count as of June 5th

sskttg
06-22-2010, 10:24 AM
Hey All,

Last year was great I brough a bunch of Soldiers from FT Wood who got to ride along and they had a blast. I hope some of you are going to take some Soldiers again this year. And a big shout out to the slow boat haha from last year I had a blast with you guys and I hope to see you again this year (any room for me again) lol. But most of all a BIG thank you to all for supporting Operation Homefront they do incredible things for my Soldiers and families and your support can only help them do more.

Hugs and Love to all you great people,

Missy G.

eddie
06-22-2010, 10:40 AM

I'm not sure why people get hung up on the boat count. If you want to do the run and have a great time with the MWBP crew, that's what you will get. [smilie=042.gif]

At any rate we are right on track with the registrations, just like last year lots of people sign up the week before the run. We should end up right around 100 boats and 400+ people again this year. [smilie=appl]

If anyone is waiting to sign up, please do it now. You can always add people on Friday, but it's very nice for us to know before then. RJ is calling me once a day so he doesn't run out of food. [smilie=crazy]

Can someone give Nate a ride too? :cool: Just give him the rules to your boat, sounds like a nice guy. If you need a bumper jockey or rope monkey I'm sure he will fit right in. If it doesn't work out leave him at a stop :twisted:

Missy G - we will find you all rides again too. Thanks for showing up and all you do for us! [smilie=smilie_flag:

emilsr
06-22-2010, 01:54 PM
Sent in the registration, then got jacked up at work and thought we wouldn't be able to make it. Thankfully got that problem fixed today so dropping my registration check in the mail this afternoon. Hope it isn't too late. :)

We'll be doing the short run and going slow so anyone interested in doing the same just look for the red Baja with the funny name on the transom. [smilie=trink39]

Dr. Jeff
06-22-2010, 02:33 PM
Sent in the registration, then got jacked up at work and thought we wouldn't be able to make it. Thankfully got that problem fixed today so dropping my registration check in the mail this afternoon. Hope it isn't too late. :)

We'll be doing the short run and going slow so anyone interested in doing the same just look for the red Baja with the funny name on the transom. [smilie=trink39]

Just bring check with you friday night to registration party. I don't want to miss it since I'll be at the lake from tomorrow till the run.

Mark 292
06-22-2010, 08:39 PM
Hey All,

Last year was great I brough a bunch of Soldiers from FT Wood who got to ride along and they had a blast. I hope some of you are going to take some Soldiers again this year. And a big shout out to the slow boat haha from last year I had a blast with you guys and I hope to see you again this year (any room for me again) lol. But most of all a BIG thank you to all for supporting Operation Homefront they do incredible things for my Soldiers and families and your support can only help them do more.

Hugs and Love to all you great people,

Missy G.

HI Missy[smilie=042.gif]

Yes the SLOW boat will be there again and we will be more than happy to have you on again

Mark 292
06-22-2010, 08:43 PM

I think I will know a boat that will be going slow also :oops:

joey
06-22-2010, 09:02 PM

I'm sure 35fountain is going to post a bunch from now on after getting the answer to a simple question. :roll:

35fountain
06-22-2010, 09:38 PM
did not know it was a big deal to ask how many boat we did the run last year and had a great time

Cool Change
06-22-2010, 10:02 PM
its not a big deal.....Eddie and Dj are just a little frantic rite now!:confused::roll:[smilie=crazy]:roll:[smilie=crazy]

35fountain
06-22-2010, 10:14 PM
then no need to answer last year if i remember right every one that reg was listed and also we reg about mid may to make sure we got in just was interested how it was going

emilsr
06-22-2010, 10:16 PM
Just bring check with you friday night to registration party. I don't want to miss it since I'll be at the lake from tomorrow till the run.

I'll bring another one; just tear up the one I dropped in the mail today.

Lakerat
06-23-2010, 12:05 AM
Jason, just sent me a txt, he is in Houston, does not have PC with him, he wanted to know what the boat count was? :mrgreen:

Dr. Jeff
06-23-2010, 12:49 AM
then no need to answer last year if i remember right every one that reg was listed and also we reg about mid may to make sure we got in just was interested how it was going

Sorry 35 Fountain, we didn't handle that response very well. The answer to your question is 76 as of 12:42 AM Wednesday.

I haven't left my office for almost 24 hours trying to get ready for the event, and have slept about 4 hours in the last 2 days.

I've got sponsors that haven't paid even though they've been invoiced since January, I've got people that committed to events 51 weeks ago, deciding they have better things to do all of a sudden, there are a million loose ends to tie up, and oh, I blew up my motors two weeks ago, and I'm not sure if I'll have a boat for my own poker run.

Having said that, none of that is your problem.

I get probably 8 PM's per day asking how many boats are registered and so does Eddie. It was not a bad question, just a bad answer we gave through sheer frustration at the moment. Not your fault for asking, our fault for answering in the way we did.

The reason we don't always answer the question is its a bit loaded to some. There are people that won't do an event unless they think it will be a huge event. Unfortunately, the reality is that early numbers mean nothing as we learned over the years.

Last year on the day before the poker run, I had 52 boats registered. By the end of the registration party we had 102. So obviously our early numbers meant nothing in terms of the ultimate success of the run.

Again, please accept our apology for the way in which that question was answered, we're just very stressed right now. [smilie=trink39]

35fountain
06-23-2010, 03:27 PM
no need to apologize i asked the boat count a couple of weeks back did not get an answer figured you where loaded with things to do. i know you have lots to do so its no big deal hope everything goes well

PDQPowerquest
07-22-2010, 12:53 PM
See you again next year, great spending time with you and your family at the dinner.