PDA

View Full Version : Huge Thanks To Everyone!!!!

Dr. Jeff
07-13-2010, 10:57 AM
First, sorry for the delay in getting the post poker run forum going.
As most of you know, our server crashed the day after the poker run, and we had a bit of an issue getting things resolved.

Having said that, I wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone that came out to support and help with the poker run.

We raised $14,600 for Operation Homefront!!!!

The winners of the poker run Kitty & Eric donated their entire winnings ($2500) back to the charity!!!!! [smilie=appl][smilie=appl]

We also were able to donate $3000 to The Global Orphan Project! [smilie=appl]

We had 112 boats officially participate, and almost 400 people.

I can't thank Eddie enough for all the hard work he did helping me put on the poker run again this year. I couldn't possibly do this without his help.

Also huge thanks to all the volunteers that helped with the registration party and the party at Dog Days.
I know I'll forgets someone, so please forgive me if I forget to mention you!!

Brandi
Rocky
Busta
AJB
Heather
Brian
Seann
Melissa
Sonya
J Gunns
Kristi
John
Kathy

I also need to thank DJ Ozzy for playing and singing Friday night and doing a fantastic job DJ'ing our party Saturday.

Again I want to thank SeaEsta for the outstanding pics of the entire event!!

And as always, we want to thank JG and Shady Gators for the great breakfast, and RJ and Dog Days for the great set up and great food!!!!

And last but certainly not least, we need to thank all of our sponsors and stops without whom we could not afford to put on this event!

MOST OF ALL, THANK YOU TO OUR TROOPS!!!! You're why we do this event, and its because of your sacrifice that we are able to spend our summers at the lake doing our small part to say thanks!

BDM
07-13-2010, 11:04 AM
/agree

It was a great run, and thanks to everyone who helped with it!!!

Also, thanks to Griff for giving the wife and I a ride!!! we enjoyed the day!!

k-dog
07-13-2010, 01:16 PM
It was a great event...again! Thanks to Midwestboatparty for putting this on. We had a great time and are already looking forward to doing it again next year! [smilie=appl]

Scarab Babe
07-13-2010, 01:44 PM
It was a great event, as always!! [smilie=appl]

A big thanks to Laura (Mrs Christian) and John P for helping me stuff bags Friday night!![smilie=appl]

And Thank You, Jeff, for doing it ONE MORE YEAR!! [smilie=appl] [smilie=appl]

Caincando1
07-13-2010, 03:07 PM
Awesome!

Very cool of Kitty and Eric to donate the winnings. I'm assuming that's the Kitty and Eric from up here?

BDM
07-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Awesome!

Very cool of Kitty and Eric to donate the winnings. I'm assuming that's the Kitty and Eric from up here?

You assume correctly. :mrgreen:

osageid
07-13-2010, 09:29 PM
Was a great event! Thanks to all who put it on! I will keep doing these every year ! Would not miss it! [smilie=appl][smilie=appl]

eddie
07-13-2010, 10:31 PM
Was a great event! Thanks to all who put it on! I will keep doing these every year ! Would not miss it! [smilie=appl][smilie=appl]

Thanks for your help too Tdog!

We had a ton of help from a bunch of people, both locals and regulars on the site. You sent us PM's, emails and leads on people willing to help with the run. We followed up with them all -thank you!

We can't do an event like this with out memeber and sponsor support. Three years ago you asked for an event we could call our own and the "The Support Our Troops Poker Run" was born. The look on the troops faces that went for rides, stories I heard from our members and appreciation of the Missouri Chapter of Operation Home Front is all the thanks a guy can ask for. :[smilie=smilie_flag: