PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Bay / Schmidty's

Dr. Jeff
05-01-2012, 09:20 PM
This is an empty post

Jammer864
05-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Its our favorite bar on the lake but it doesnt have a swim up pool, waterslides, and multiple bars. What it does have is a damn good bartender(Schmidty) that sells drinks at a resonable price (often freebies) that are already on the bar in front of you by the time you sit down. The place is really two places in one. Tiki Bay is the marina, gas, store, and food part while Schmidty's is the drinking establishment, so expect two different tabs...one for food and one for drinks. Drinks are mostly self serve. You go to the bar and order and then take them back to your table, although workload permitting, you can often get served at the table after the initial order. The place has a great view, good docks in mostly decent water. Parking can be tight on busy weekends. Sometimes live music like a one-man act can be heard there. Schmidty is the ringleader there and is the main draw. The new woman bartender there is all business though and without Schmidty being there, we wouldnt stop in. We usually have the crab legs and if the crab doesnt just pull out in big chunks right out of the shell, something unusual has happened. We havent had better crab anywhere else yet on the lake. The place is a mix of locals and weekenders with a laid back atmosphere that appeals to us.

emilsr
05-03-2012, 11:35 AM
Fun atmosphere, decent docks, and loads of fun when Schmidty is there. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that service and opening times can be hit or miss.

Bad Reputation
06-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Wasn't even gonna post this, as it was memorial weekend, they were short on help, and ended up comp-ing our entire meal. So in the end schmidty took care of it. Drinks were impossible to get, they peel and eat shrimp were good, that's about the end of it. First a chicken sandwich and a chicken strip basket come out and a burger.. Nobody ordered a burger or strips, the server basically calls me a liar, the chick sand was horrible, I could tell it was pre cooked pre sliced chicken from sams club... Gross
Then finally the other chick sand, and our other app come out. This is 30 min later, I'm already done eating, a server comes and says they f'd up the pizza my dad ordered and it's gonna be a while! Omg!! 30 min later the pizza comes out and Schmidty comes out and comps the meal. It was a 2.5 hour fiasco with horrible food. That combined with the dock design, I won't be back..

Jammer864
06-23-2012, 10:27 PM
Things have changed there since my review. My review no longer valid. Damnit......

Riverman
05-21-2013, 08:27 PM
Are the crab legs still cheap and good?

Jammer864
06-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Are the crab legs still cheap and good?

Price on crab legs went up quite a bit this year. Wouldnt call them cheap anymore but they have been served steaming hot and they are still good.

Baja Fatboy
08-05-2013, 02:54 PM
One of our favorites.

Jammer864
08-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Momma T is back this year. Place is excellent once again.