PDA

View Full Version : Papa Chubby's Food & Booze

Dr. Jeff
05-01-2012, 09:31 PM
This is an empty post

kat daddy
05-18-2012, 08:55 AM
What an awesome place. Food is very good and the beer is cold. Owners Frank and Cindy are very friendly and the decor is nicely done. Prices are very reasonable. Smooth water at the docks so you don't have to wory about your boat.

Fool's Gold
05-21-2012, 12:07 PM
Not on the Niangua though, its across from Tan Tar A

Fool's Gold
05-28-2012, 09:38 PM
Made it there this evening, good food, nice folks, cheap beer, crappy docks but dead flat calm water so no big deal. Water gets skinny as you approach so watch out especially at the inner slips. I churned a little mud backing into the second slip from the end. No discount for MWBP card though.

JMS
05-28-2012, 10:22 PM
Going to disagree a little. I thought the docks were decent, calm water, nice place, service was a little slow considering they were not busy. We all had bloody marys and they were way too salty. The food was so so at best. We only had a couple of appitizers. The shaved itlian beef nachos were ok, but the ravioli was over cooked and hard as a rock. Staff was very nice. I'll give them another chance, but they'll need to kick a up a couple of notches to keep me coming back.

SHIP4BRAINS
05-29-2012, 07:12 AM
We had meat lovers pizza and onion rings, and of course beer last weekend. The pizza was the best on-water pizza I have had at the lake. My favorite is Osage River Bar and Grill ( off water, in Laurie ) and Papa's Pizza ranks right up there with it. Staff was good. The owner spoke with us several times.

The onion rings were great too. But I really didn't like the beer /sarcasm. :)

treated
05-30-2012, 05:37 PM
My Chicago style hot dog was good, I would go back, wife wasn't as "wild" about it but would also go back. Kind of looks like Fran/Louies beach, calm water building trailer park ect.

Franky
06-07-2012, 07:29 PM
Frank and Cindy have great pizza and are great people welcome to th lake bar business wish you guys the best!!

stlcheckmate
06-12-2012, 04:47 PM
We went there on sat and it was very good. The service was a little slow, but Im not sure they noticed us sitting there. Docks are ok, could use some work. Our group had two burgers, a smashed meatball sandwich and a pork tenderloin, all were very good. Didnt taste like bar food. Beer was ice cold, and it was nice to sit inside and the a/c actually made you chilly..

gclapper
06-12-2012, 06:59 PM
Went last week,not real impressed,food was ok at best(chicken strips were right from freezer),reuben sandwich was pretty good,fries were terrible(frozen crap)Typical lake bar food give it a 2.5 out of 5

SHIP4BRAINS
06-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Went last week,not real impressed,food was ok at best(chicken strips were right from freezer),reuben sandwich was pretty good,fries were terrible(frozen crap)Typical lake bar food give it a 2.5 out of 5

BOOOOOOO!
Try the pizza!

joey
06-12-2012, 07:53 PM
We're gonna give it a try this weekend, hope the food is good and the beer is cold.

gclapper
06-12-2012, 08:59 PM
BOOOOOOO!
Try the pizza!

I will try the pizza Ship,thanks for the suggestion[smilie=042.gif]

joey
06-17-2012, 06:38 PM
We're gonna give it a try this weekend, hope the food is good and the beer is cold.

Stopped by Papa's Chubs Saturday about 4:30pm and had some hot wings and a slice of pizza (and cold beer of course) and both where great, some of the best hot wings on the Lake, met Frank the owner, real nice guy, if you haven't tried it give it a shot, we'll definitely be hitting Chubby's again, soon.

ya never know
06-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Stopped by Papa's Chubs Saturday about 4:30pm and had some hot wings and a slice of pizza (and cold beer of course) and both where great, some of the best hot wings on the Lake, met Frank the owner, real nice guy, if you haven't tried it give it a shot, we'll definitely be hitting Chubby's again, soon.

we were there at the same time. also had wings, beer, and pizza and yes they were great. only issue is the service needs to step it up some. i waited for 15 min and then went to find someone to take our order. they could make more money if they had some young help. i think the staff is a bit green. we have been there a few times. hope they put better sand in and get the rocks off the beach. and maybe a wash off on the dock.

joey
06-18-2012, 04:42 PM
we were there at the same time. also had wings, beer, and pizza and yes they were great. only issue is the service needs to step it up some. i waited for 15 min and then went to find someone to take our order. they could make more money if they had some young help. i think the staff is a bit green. we have been there a few times. hope they put better sand in and get the rocks off the beach. and maybe a wash off on the dock.

I'm not making excuses for them but they've only been open for about a month and a half, growing pains, Frank says he's working on the staff to get them on the ball, sorry we missed you.

JMS
06-18-2012, 05:00 PM
The place lacks efficiency. A POS system would do a lot to streamline their operation. We will try it for the 3rd time on a week night. I hate to say it, because I really want to see this place succeed......but I have yet to be impressed.

36Tango
06-18-2012, 05:05 PM
We stopped by on Friday at about 5 on our way back from HaHa Tonka. My daughter had a bunch of friends with her so we ordered two large pizzas. We all thought that they were very good, and the service was also fast. We sat outside where there was a DJ/Karoke, and the volume was just right. We could enjoy it, yet also talk across the table. We will for sure be back. Calm water and the docks were fine.

Project Hunter
07-02-2012, 10:57 PM
The good....calm water, decent docks, clean, great bar area.

The Bad....very limited menu unless you want pizza.

Overall better place than most and a good place for a get together.

ROOSTER
08-12-2012, 09:58 PM
Been twice now. Service was bad both times.

Jammer864
08-14-2012, 12:12 PM
We have been there once and it was during the week. Ate at the bar. Had great service and enjoyed the food. Will be back but only on the weekdays.

King High Full Boat
08-14-2012, 04:03 PM
We've been there probably 6 times....food was always excellent. Service and atmosphere always good. Really like the pizza.

We go about everytime we're at the lake. We like the neighborhood bar and grill atmosphere.

Keep up the good work!

joey
08-14-2012, 04:39 PM
We've been there probably 6 times....food was always excellent. Service and atmosphere always good. Really like the pizza.

We go about everytime we're at the lake. We like the neighborhood bar and grill atmosphere.

Keep up the good work!

X2, ditto on that and their hot wings are good too.

mstang73
08-21-2012, 10:13 PM
Delightful evening sharing drinks and pizza with the owners... luv that place

boater34
09-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Went there last Sunday for lunch. Pizza was great!
Warning though - the water depth is shallow even at the end of the dock - was only about 3.5 feet below the boat. Kicked up quite a wash of mud behind the boat.

Zach F100
08-12-2013, 04:12 PM
Last two times I have been there I got the Smashed Meatball Sandwich and it was excellent both times.

Playa_G at 4-Play Games
08-12-2013, 06:25 PM
Went there last Sunday for lunch. Pizza was great!
Warning though - the water depth is shallow even at the end of the dock - was only about 3.5 feet below the boat. Kicked up quite a wash of mud behind the boat.

Same for us about a month + ago .. mud big time.
Pizza and wings awesome. Spoke with Frank, real south side Chicago guy, they should do well.
Next time I'm trying the smashed meatball sandwich.

SHIP4BRAINS
08-13-2013, 01:26 PM
If it hasn't been said before, the Ruben sammich is fanfreakingtastic, too. I haven't had a bad experience there.

QWKRN U
08-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Gyro was good.

Dredd
09-03-2013, 01:28 PM
I thought the Gyro was just, meh.
The Pain Killers didn't have enough alcohol in them to melt the big chunks of ice so 1/3 of each of them weren't drinkable. At $8/ea that was pretty disappointing.

On the other hand:
The reuben was one of the best I've ever tasted. The fries, onion rings, and creamy coleslaw were all excellent as well. The calm water makes docking a breeze and you don't have to worry about your boat the whole time you're there. Since the place is new, it is very clean. It's nice to go into a bathroom at the lake where you don't have to pull your shirt over your nose to keep from gagging.
We'll be back, just for that reuben if nothing else.

KCboater
05-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Went there yesterday for lunch!
Frank the owner even helped us tie up the boat, real friendly.
Had their Supreme pizza and it was great.

[smilie=appl]

joey
05-18-2014, 03:27 PM
Love their "hot wings" too. [smilie=appl]

Livin on the Edge Too
05-19-2014, 12:55 PM
Are they Dog friendly one week days?

JMS
05-19-2014, 04:56 PM
They're dog friendly every day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Livin on the Edge Too
08-01-2014, 01:54 PM
Papa Chubby's is on Restaurant.com

Blue Magoo
08-16-2014, 07:33 PM
Live pretty close to here, usually hit it up once during the weekend, Food is always great! During the off season only have pizza and wings, and is subject to close when ever a storm is rolling in, even if it is 6pm.

If driving, may sure to stay alert, signs are tiny.

Love seeing how much it is growing from 2 yrs ago when it opened and this whole summer it has seemed to be packed and hard to find tables during meal times.

Was super packed today for the mini shootout

They are raising money to pave F8 all the way there, which will help out for the area.