• New Lake of the Ozarks Invitational Powerboat Race

“This is how we Dew the Lake!” That’s the theme of the new Lake Race 2013 on Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks. It was announced last week during a press conference to recognize the event’s title sponsors, Mountain Dew and Formula Boats of Missouri. World champion offshore racer David Scott, who calls the lake his home away from home, was on hand at the Formula Boats dealer to show his support for the first Lake of the Ozarks invitational powerboat race, which takes place June 6-9 on the northeast portion of the lake near Bagnell Dam and the Lake Ozark Strip.

Scott, who has been selected honorary chairperson of Lake Race 2013, was grateful to be asked to participate in the first-year event.

World champion offshore racer David Scott is the honorary chairperson of Lake Race 2013, which is set to take place June 6-9 on Missouri’s Lake of the Ozarks.
    “This race is shaping up to be the most spectator-friendly event I’ve ever been a part of—you’re going to be able to see the boats nonstop,” said Scott, referring to the 4.5-mile course that makes two turns in front of Bagnell Dam, which will be closed to traffic. “It should be a competitive course, too. It will be fast but challenging at the same time. I’m really excited about the race. I think it’s going to be fantastic for the lake and outstanding for everyone involved.”

Lake Ozark Mayor Johnnie Fransezkos agreed. “This is one of the biggest events in our city’s history, and we are very excited that it will be free to the public,” the mayor exclaimed.

The Bagnell Dam Strip Association (BDSA), a not-for-profit organization, is the organizing entity for the charitable event, which will feature great views of the race from several points on the lake as well as the race pits and a vendor village along the historic strip. The race also will be streamed live online and feature nearly 10 hours of coverage on local television.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: New Lake of the Ozarks Invitational Powerboat Race started by Jason Johnson View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      pachanga22 -
      Awesome news! Exactly what the lake needed was some more affordable events to bring people back down to the lake. With the cost of everything constantly going up year after year I only make it to the lake for the Shoot out and Aquapalooza but you can bet that I have added one more event for this summer.

Thank you!
  • Welcome

• If this is your first visit, and you are not registered already, please click the register link below to proceed. Register

• Recent Forum Posts

36Tango

Speed Racer on the home page???

I did not mean to shortchange anybody as over the past several years many different places have really stepped up their games. We are spoiled beyond belief

36Tango Today, 05:31 PM Go to last post
    bajaholic

I agree in part.... That is why I am saying support those that support the site. PBC has been missing for a long time. Ben was the only one that used

bajaholic Today, 09:27 AM Go to last post
    Lakerat

A lot has changed over the years with this site, the people, the hardware ....... Change is good ...... Time to update the cover

Lakerat Today, 08:49 AM Go to last post
    Jason Johnson

BBQ With The King

During a visit to the Fountain Powerboats factory in Washington, N.C., the Speedonthewater.com team was treated to some legendary barbecue with the legend

Jason Johnson Today, 07:59 AM Go to last post
    Matt Trulio

Profile: Fountain 47 Lightning Strikes A Major Chord

With its first new 47 Lightning sportboat in more than 10 years, Fountain Powerboats served notice that it is back in the V-bottom sportboat game in a

Matt Trulio Today, 07:04 AM Go to last post