• Big Thunder Marine Auction - May 16, 2015 at 10:00 a.m.

DO YOU HEAR THUNDER?

Right back where it started 28 years ago, Big Thunder Marine will be having an auction May 16 at 10:00 a.m. The auction items will be available by appointment for viewing May 9-15, 2015 by calling for an appointment. Originally listed for 1.9 million and then lowered to 1.4 million, they have failed to get an offer that stuck after three years. Sue Morgan (wife of Bob Morgan) and Bill Tillman (Uncle of JT) have decided it’s time to close this last chapter in their lives and move forward.

This is an “Absolute Auction” meaning all the properties will be sold at auction. The property is being divided into several different parcels that can be bid on. The Main marina will include the gas dock, Marina property, office and water front area. Two storage buildings (one of which has been known as the “Thunder Dome”), Two houses approximately 1,800 square feet, (5) 500-800 square foot cabins two of which have private boat docks. The remaining cabins will be auctioned off with a 12 x 40 slip in the community dock. There are also two lots available that included a 12 x 40 slip.

The boat ramp and board walk will be part of the home owners association and be able to be used by all who purchase on the 7.5 acre property.

The auction is being handled by Easterly Auction Company and bidders that cannot be present can also register to bid by phone after an escrow account is set up. Anyone wanting more information can call Easterly at 417-833-949 regarding the auction. The property is able to be purchased in whole until the hammer drops on May 16.

Broker participation is also welcomed by agents by completing a broker form.

Investment opportunities included and not limited to: single family homes, On-water & lakefront restaurants, full service marine with rack storage, fuel docks or condo development opportunities.

Anyone with questions can also call Sue Morgan at 573-216-2253.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Big Thunder Marine Auction - May 16, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. started by eddie View original post
    Comments 21 Comments
      Pain in the Buoy -
      This was my favorite place to visit when we first started coming to the lake. We stayed across from Bass Point resort in a cabin, and I ventured many times to this marina to dream of what I could buy.
      Reggie -
      Agree, always run over and look at the boats, get some gas, and hopefully get to talk with Bob and Super Boat Sue, and see the race boat.
      lakefreak -
      I would love to have the funds to buy that place. I cant believe someone hasn't already bought it.
      Bam -
      If I recall, the Skater was bid up to 180ish and not accepted. It had been listed for 279, now 219.

I love the old Skater but I wouldn't think it is a race boat that can compete with todays boats. I would have some questions about the canopy safety, the old mercs, and how heavy it is. None the less, it would make a cool poker run boat and I hope it stays at LOTO.
      eddie -
      Big Thunder was always a destination for us when visiting the lake, we even drove over by car a few times when the weather was bad. Several of the shops now at LOTO got their start one way or another there. Bob and Sue made a big impact to the lake over 28+ years. It would be awesome to see someone continue the tradition.
      eddie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
      If I recall, the Skater was bid up to 180ish and not accepted. It had been listed for 279, now 219.

I love the old Skater but I wouldn't think it is a race boat that can compete with todays boats. I would have some questions about the canopy safety, the old mercs, and how heavy it is. None the less, it would make a cool poker run boat and I hope it stays at LOTO.
      The cockpit of the boat is huge, I've been in Wild's "Little Speed" for poker runs and compared to that boat the back seat is ginormous.
      Lakerat -
      If it had not been for Bob, I would have never of came to Loto ...... I too am ready to see this property have activity once again
      RUNNINHOTRACING -
      Envisioned Myrick at the helm and bringing the dynasty back
      baywatch -
      Sounds like another reason to make it to the lake that weekend.
      RUNNINHOTRACING -
      Quote Originally Posted by baywatch View Post
      Sounds like another reason to make it to the lake that weekend.
      Don't forget your suitcase full of CA$H
      kcpeteman -
      Does anyone know if the boat will be at the auction?
      eddie -
      Quote Originally Posted by kcpeteman View Post
      Does anyone know if the boat will be at the auction?
      "No....its up at Keith Holmes ship in Nunica, M I."

Sue Morgan
      RUNNINHOTRACING -
      Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
      "No....its up at Keith Holmes ship in Nunica, M I."

Sue Morgan
      Keith Holmes aka CK has a ship now in Nunica ???
      MXBAJA421 -
      There are only a few things that I have kept. My Wife of 24 yrs, my kid now 20, and 29 outlaw from bob and sue.

Everything has been bought and Sold !!!!!!!!
      SSNLO -
      lots of memories there, worked there at 14 years old cleaning boats and pumping gas, them in sales, later and was with bob on the last trip to KW... the memories and friendships that have spawned for me there are life long and cherished...
      Omerta One -
      Any update on how the auction went?
      eddie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Omerta One View Post
      Any update on how the auction went?
      It was sold to a guy out of KC, announcement soon.
      Gjpippitt -
      Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
      It was sold to a guy out of KC, announcement soon.
      So when should we be expecting this announcement?
      eddie -
      Quote Originally Posted by Gjpippitt View Post
      So when should we be expecting this announcement?
      That's up to the new owners.
      MCON -
      Any news out as to what to expect yet? Not sure what to think as of Sunday afternoon there are 9 houses in our cove (Buck Creek/Big Thunder) for sale. Love the cove, no intention to leave just curious what the word on the street is if any.