Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    What ever they let me drive
    Post Thanks / Like

Who destroyed what this weekend?

I've heard a few stories about motors, drives, stitches, etc.

Who lost, broke or misplaced what the poker run weekend?

Sounds like maybe I need to hit up Lake Regional for the run for 2010, we seem to send them some business when our members are in town too.

Post your stories here!
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    33 Baja Outlaw SS/t
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats wrong in so many ways!!!!
    BECAUSE SPEED CHANGED ME!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well according to my chief mechanic / fertilizer technician I did NOT blow up the raw water pump in the boat. We did however find a leaky engine water pump that has been leaking for a while.

Still don't know what caused the burning rubber smoke / smell and the alarm to go off Sunday.

Another strange clue, there are small black flakes on the carpet under the exhaust on the starboard side. Might be rubber?

I think in about $425 we should figure out what's up.

Side note: Found an extra blue drain plug and some sort of stainless rod hook looking item in the bilge. And a moldy pretzel.

Oh, and the silver wire is the positive wire on my stereo system. At least one of the new Polks was wired backwards.

Can a guy just use any water pump for a Chevy 350 or does it have to be a "Marine" version?

Thanks again to ASH and Injun for doing all the work. I can hand tools and mop brows with the best of them.

My Ride
    36-NorTech Cat "Suppression"
    Post Thanks / Like
    We came through unscathed...thought we might have an issue once we got up to Bear Bottoms but it only turned out to be a loose solenoid wire...easy fix... We did pass a couple of others who had problems early on right after the start....Wiggler's skater was smoking by the islands across from ozark barbeque....the wifey thought it was on fire from all of the smoke bellowing out but you could see it was just puking out the headers...other than that one of the other Skaters had it's engine hatch's up by the Community Bridge but never heard what happened to them...
    "Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity"

www.associatedfire.net

My Ride
    25 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    First it was the sea water pump on Friday, fixed on Friday evening then broke latches on my hatches, mechanically boat ran good!
    Quote from Rocky " I don't want to look like a guy who is trying too hard"

My Ride
    .38 Special Ed
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 575's in the Donzi ran flawlessley and Chris got to get his drink on since he had a captain all weekend

However we were just rolling into PC Friday when tops were starting to come off and ..................ow I think I cut my leg.............well double digit stiches later the person who got the owie is all better

They playing around Friday night with Jason we lose him in the washing Machine at the Bridge and get a call to pick everyone up at PB2...............well the rest is history as they say, but Jason and Nicole had fun at BWJ and I am batting .500 I side swiped on no wake buoy in the NWZ but I did not hit a bridge embankment, as much as they all thought I was going to.........they though the green lights were in front of the supports

All in all and great weekend with great stories
    Best quote of the day so far...."I used to always make it rain at the strip clubs, but they kicked me out cause the dancers were slipping on the nickles." courtesy of DJ it made me laugh out loud

My Ride
    33' Scarab AVS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christian - didn't you and Chris kill a couple gallons of Crown this weekend? I know Susie and I had our fair share of the Georgia Peaches you guys made!! (I think I left Chris' cup on the bar downstairs....I think. Susie left her Mich Ultra in the fridge in the deck kitchen - but I think it was payback for the the Crown!! Good times!!

War's over, man. Wormer dropped the big one.
    Don't forget to check out Midwestboatparty's online store!!

Kristi
    American Thunder!

My Ride
    .38 Special Ed
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I think we started the weekend with 4 half gallons of crown and at least one and a half came home, so not bad for a weekend, a half gallon a day.

We did not check the outdoor kitchen fridge, it will still be there for the shootout

Chris sippy cup was left on the pinball machine and I got it an dit is not safely in El Dog

Crown and Peach is your friend

As long as I cna keep chris off the bow and you off the engine hatch in the no wake zone
    Best quote of the day so far...."I used to always make it rain at the strip clubs, but they kicked me out cause the dancers were slipping on the nickles." courtesy of DJ it made me laugh out loud

My Ride
    33' Scarab AVS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian
    As long as I cna keep chris off the bow and you off the engine hatch in the no wake zone
    OMG.... I was on the engine hatch in the no wake zone? Damn....I DID have too much of the juice!!

I got some pretty good pics of you guys in the Donzi during the ride back from Party Cove - soon as I find my camera I'll get them posted!!
    Don't forget to check out Midwestboatparty's online store!!

Kristi
    American Thunder!

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I put a nice 1/2" x 6 inch scratch in the powdercoat on my swim platform. I was backing the boat into the slip Sat night just as the storm started dumping and was fighting the 40mph winds and 1 foot rollers. Got in hurry and now I have a little winter project.

Might have destroyed a couple brain cells as well

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK - I broke nothing but the cash I had brought, remember most everything about the weekend, (very very rare), stayed up late, Thursday Night, Friday Night and yes Saturday Night. Thought I had lost my camera, but later found in my car. Was very responsible, took a cab home Saturday from Dog Days.....All in all, I did great pacing myself....I think I need to move to the lake....LIVE LIFE....I don't think I scared any women or pissed off any guys
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

My Ride
    Cig Cafe
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakerat
    OK - I broke nothing but the cash I had brought, remember most everything about the weekend, (very very rare), stayed up late, Thursday Night, Friday Night and yes Saturday Night. Thought I had lost my camera, but later found in my car. Was very responsible, took a cab home Saturday from Dog Days.....All in all, I did great pacing myself....I think I need to move to the lake....LIVE LIFE....I don't think I scared any women or pissed off any guys
    glad you found your camera, now start posting pics. lol

nope, u didnt scare anyone away from our side. tiff & micha want to come back for the shootout now.

My Ride
    Cig Cafe
    Post Thanks / Like
    luckily nothing major on our end.

when launching boat on thur port engine had no juice. found the berth switch was finicky. had to jiggle it & it worked. planned on replacing that old panel anyway. never had issue rest of weekend.

while trying to keep up w/ christian & garrison on fri we hit a couple rollers. one of my cupholders in the dash flew out. i didnt have them siliconed in. put the rest in the glove box when underway.

tiffany cut her ankle on the prop, after R went over 5mins of directions on how to unboard/board the boat. 2 hrs & 14 stitches later she was out of the hospital.

all & all it was a good weekend for us & cant wait for our next outing.

My Ride
    2006 Cobalt 343 & 1974 Cig 20
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we get the award for the earliest issue.

On the way to Shady Gators one of the partially submerged giant sequoia's in the water introduced itself to our Cobalt. Felt the contact. Checked everything over under the hatch and all seemed OK. Had breakfast at SG's, watched the spectacle of the big boats, then back to our dock on the lift to further check the drive & prop. Dinged one prop real good, but was able to straighten it out. I was surprised how thin the Volvo duoprops are, bent too easy. Checked things over once more, went to start it up and click, click, click. WTF new batts just last night. Port engine seemed it was fighting to just turn over. Switched to both batts - click, click, click, zing. Bendix on the starter or something went. Ruined our day on the new-to-us 293. Jumped in a buddy's 252 Cobalt and made the run, albeit quite a bit later than all the others.....

Now I'm totally bummed, since no boat for the 4th or likely for another 3 weeks. Shoulda kept the Cig!

My Ride
    25 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Smokes
    I think we get the award for the earliest issue.

On the way to Shady Gators one of the partially submerged giant sequoia's in the water introduced itself to our Cobalt. Felt the contact. Checked everything over under the hatch and all seemed OK. Had breakfast at SG's, watched the spectacle of the big boats, then back to our dock on the lift to further check the drive & prop. Dinged one prop real good, but was able to straighten it out. I was surprised how thin the Volvo duoprops are, bent too easy. Checked things over once more, went to start it up and click, click, click. WTF new batts just last night. Port engine seemed it was fighting to just turn over. Switched to both batts - click, click, click, zing. Bendix on the starter or something went. Ruined our day on the new-to-us 293. Jumped in a buddy's 252 Cobalt and made the run, albeit quite a bit later than all the others.....

Now I'm totally bummed, since no boat for the 4th or likely for another 3 weeks. Shoulda kept the Cig!
    I know what you mean! This was my first poker run and to have my sea water pump go out the day before I am grateful that Rick at Blue Moon stayed late on Friday so I could do the run!
    Quote from Rocky " I don't want to look like a guy who is trying too hard"