Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: House hunting

Post Thanks / Like
    the first 3 months I after I bought my 2nd tier full time home I had a bit of buyers remorse, now after 12 years living here not sure if i should not have bought even farther from the lake, marina fees are not that high, my home is worth around around low 100's if it were lakefront just across the road would be double perhaps higher, I got better view and only 150' farther walk to dock, in winter my home is easier to get in and out of, and taxe, Our spec house we can not get offer on in current economy which is technically second tier for upper 400s would easily be 600-1.2 mil if lakefront Lakefront is great, but if you live and work here those neighbors here on vacation having great party sure get annoying at 1 AM when you got to go to work at 7 am

Post Thanks / Like
    Move to Mankato.

My Ride
    Mariah 302Z
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH
    Move to Mankato.
    Now that is some funny chit!

My Ride
    What ever they let me drive
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cajun
    Have you woke up from your dream yet what you want for 200,000 come on
    Have you checked the MLS lately?

Quote Originally Posted by joey
    Maybe less boat and more house, just an idea, good luck, Ed.
    Regardless of the boat I dont want a bunch of money in a house and we don't need a ton of room.

I don't want a fixer upper at this point, Kathy is there full time and I'm still driving back and forth. I don't want to spend the entire weekend working on the house, I'll have enough to do as it is.

Sounds like most of the people that bought with lake view don't regret it for a minute. Thanks for the replies. I'm not looking for the weekend party house, we have ASH's condo for that. I'm looking for a place we can live and work at the lake.
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    Sea Ray 380 DA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie, condo below us is for sale. 3 bd 3bath. You would have Adam and us as your neighbors.

My Ride
    Old, floor rotted Celebrity CC
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, Ed, did you find a decent job at the Lake?

I'd move in a heartbeat if I could come up with some kind of sustainable income.

My Ride
    Champion
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does this sound? Three bedroom, attached 1.5 garage. Main channel veiw, protected one well dock, screeened in porch, wood floors, cathedral ceilings, north shore 10-15 minutes to town (very nice in the summer because we don't have traffic but yet still very close to town), new appliances, etc. I can post pics later today. $250K.

50ft of shoreline, turn key, sunset veiw, neighbor has bald eagle eagle nesting
    'Don't come here selling crazy, we're all stocked up'

My Ride
    Cruiser Inc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    My worthless 2 cents.

Keep looking. The economy isnt getting any better and real estate prices have not bottomed out yet. Until we get rid of the idiots in Washington and replace them with tax cutting, job creating realistic polititions, the pain will continue.

My Ride
    Baja 30 Outlaw 2004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by treated
    Eddie, condo below us is for sale. 3 bd 3bath. You would have Adam and us as your neighbors.
    Building 3 would rock if Eddie and Kathy moved in, Ed is a good grill chef from also from what I hear.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand you don't want your house to own you, but it's pretty sweet waking up every morning and be able to look out at the Lake and your own dock.

Be able to walk down their early Friday/Saturday/Sunday and mess with your boat in piece and quiet.

Maybe rent for a year and think about what you really want, you don't want to have to sell and buy something diff in two/three years because you guys aren't HAPPY.
    Last edited by joey; 12-14-2009 at 02:19 PM.

My Ride
    Champion
    Post Thanks / Like
    The current President did cut taxes. Taxes are lower now than under Bush and real-estate is picking back up at the Lake.

This is for sale by owner and will not be found on MLS. The current owner wants to move to Florida Full-time and already owns property down there. The seller is going down to Florida 1 week from today so, if you want to see it, it's this weekend.

It actually has a 2 1/2 car garage (24x34) with storage upstairs. The yard is fenced, landscaped and has gardens,

Taxes are $1279 a year, no condo fees. Private well, new septic, built in 1996, new kitchen, oak cabinets, avg elec bill is $91.50

Dock had a new lift, 2005, new washer dryer,
    Last edited by RP MCMURPHY; 10-20-2009 at 10:04 AM.

My Ride
    Champion
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm having a hard time putting up pics. Email me for pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am with Joey, nothing better than your own dock.

My Ride
    36-NorTech Cat "Suppression"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie,

Just keep looking you'll find something that fit's your needs. Personally it has to be on the lake with your own dock it's the only way to go, wouldn't even consider a 2nd tier house... There are a lot of nice ones but you have to find the right buyer to unload it at a later date...

Might be a little harder to find one with deep water, quiet no-wake cove and decent neighbors (Oh wait that's my neighborhood...LOL) but there out there if you keep looking...

I know there's a house across the cove from us that's still for sale...he was transferred to Scottsdale and thought it was sold before they left but that was a three months ago and the signs still up...

The docks OK but nothing great, I know they want a lot more than your looking to spend but having two houses and one your never gonna use might be some sort of incentive to take a loss...

I'm thinking in the next couple of months more and more places will be available...

to RC maybe Barry lowered your taxes but mine keep going up and up and up....
    "Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity"

www.associatedfire.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have and if you find what you want for 200 you will need to put a 100+ into it to make it liveable.
    I agree Joey nothing like having your own dowk and not having to worry about what everone else is doing on the dock.