Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    Cruiser Inc.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    It's always been a rule with a regatta permit, the speed limit was 60 mph and we have been telling people for four years. This year it was 70 and they came to the meeting to let us know they would be enforcing it.
    Never knew. So this was the first time they have enforced it? Years past anyone that COULD run above 70 sure did.

My Ride
    2008 Formula 271 FasTech
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the first WP that you encountered at the 10mm.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "NICE & NAUTI"

My Ride
    36-NorTech Cat "Suppression"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    It was one of the best poker runs I have ever been on, its not the speeds that make it great, its the people, the sponsors, and the charity

Cant wait till next year
    I second what Randy said, it was a great run at any speed... Special thanks to Eddie, DJ, Rocky and all of the others who helped to put this event on... Jim
    "Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity"

www.associatedfire.net

My Ride
    29 ENVISION
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really hope make next yrs run it was killing me not making it
    always wet times at the double g spot
    WARNING A FUN CRAZY BITCH MAY BE ABOARD VESSEL

My Ride
    42Fountain800ScKonradDrives
    Post Thanks / Like
    interesting as a local down here that at all bass boat tournaments you never see a enforcement agency but yet they also have to have a regatta permit with a speed limit but run balls out from point a to b while doing a heavy chine walk and are more dangerous than the any boat with less horespower to weight ratio but that seems to be ok,whats anybody else think?

My Ride
    38 Cig & 202 Crownline
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by proboat-wes View Post
    interesting as a local down here that at all bass boat tournaments you never see a enforcement agency but yet they also have to have a regatta permit with a speed limit but run balls out from point a to b while doing a heavy chine walk and are more dangerous than the any boat with less horespower to weight ratio but that seems to be ok,whats anybody else think?
    Bass tournaments aren't loud and flashy and they don't make the papers. I will say one thing with the amount of enforcement the usual people that bitch and complain about the poker run in prior years won't have much to bitch about this year. They'll have to wait for the shootout.
    Hey, watch this!!!

My Ride
    290 Baha Mach 1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by proboat-wes View Post
    well thats a good point. Being that said I think it was a great time. But seeing a WP every time you turned around with a radar gun in their hands was a little to much. Thanks to everyone that brought your boats to run Big or small none is cheap to run but special thanks to the guys like Batman,Speedy, Lake Enviromental, and the other cat that was next to speedy at capt Ron which I dont know his Name along with all others that spent much much more in fuel no matter how fast you go just for us little guy s and our kids to look at. You guys make this all worth while. And to Eddie and Dr Jeff and other behind the scenes thanks for giving us something to look forward to every year.
    Run what you brung... and hope you brung enough.
    Wait a minute I'm not street racing anymore.

My Ride
    "Stress Eliminator" 36 Daytona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our entire crew had a great time. It was a great cause, The military guy on my boat had a blast. That made it all worth it.
    As for the speed limit, it wasnt a huge deal. We can always run faster later or maybe do an unofficial fun run the day before next year. It was actually comical after the first few water patrol boats were aiming the radar at us, We set the speed around 68ish and hit the trim up just a bit, the next guy probably thought something was wrong with his radar gun as we went by kicking a long rooster tail and barley moving.
    Summer time is Happy time

My Ride
    IMP 310 Viper
    Post Thanks / Like
    We were pulling our barge out of the water at the end of F road (31 mm) when they all come by. All but one looked as if they were only running about 55 - 60 mph. I would have bet the "Got your back" boat was going to get a ticket. He was moving along at a pretty good clip and plus ran straight at the radar gun.
    "NEW DOCKS IN THE WATER READY FOR DELIVERY @51 MM"

Owner: Roger Leas
    www.dbdocks.com
    573-280-1829
    573-347-2327

My Ride
    Squadron 12s, Talon, Infinity
    Post Thanks / Like
    70 MPH speed limit. Kept me from getting left behind!!!

It was an awesome run! Can't wait till next year!
    Derek
    CMMS
    Top Gun Marina

My Ride
    36 Spectre Poker Run
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in next year!! I need a 30 moh speed limit so I can stay in the group! How would they have handled someone NOT in the run that blew past them? Pull them over then have to let them go?
    Man and machine moving as a single moving part
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    I just want to thank all of you that were out there supporting the troops!!! I was not able to make it down there till dinner time. If any of you noticed I was the one that was down there in Army uniform during dinner.. I enjoyed the time i got to spend with Tammy and her husband and a few other ones. I will be there next yr also. Once again thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand the complaining about the limit during the Poker run. It makes it safe and gives everyone on board a more fuzzy feeling about participating (I know my "crew aka wife appreciates the less than balls out adrenaline fueled ride).

BUT..... that leaves Saturday morning before the heavy boat traffic to fill the need for speed. We witnessed a number of "prop testing" boats early and there is no speed limit then!!!!!

Notice how I used all the smileys to truly convey what I am trying to say?
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    2001 36 Spectre
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    I don't understand the complaining about the limit during the Poker run. It makes it safe and gives everyone on board a more fuzzy feeling about participating (I know my "crew aka wife appreciates the less than balls out adrenaline fueled ride).

BUT..... that leaves Saturday morning before the heavy boat traffic to fill the need for speed. We witnessed a number of "prop testing" boats early and there is no speed limit then!!!!!

Notice how I used all the smileys to truly convey what I am trying to say?