Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    one comment: Self -insure... For that kind of money, it is not that hard... JMHO
    But you run a risk here. You could self insure, but all it would take would be one little mistake to lose everything. If you hit and severely injured or killed somebody, they could potentially sue you. And dependant upon a jury, no telling just how much it could be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ckmansell View Post
    But you run a risk here. You could self insure, but all it would take would be one little mistake to lose everything. If you hit and severely injured or killed somebody, they could potentially sue you. And dependant upon a jury, no telling just how much it could be.

This may be true if you do not set it up properly. Also just because you have insurance through a major carrier does NOT mean you are personally off the hook and not liable for anything awarded over the limits that that policy has.

Lets face it, Insurance is the scam of the 21st century... The only ones that make money on insurance is the insurance company, this coming from someone who pays in excess of $50K+ a year between my personal and business policies.
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    31 IMP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Update: the skater dealer has been working very hard to get insurance for us. It turns out some of the problem was one of the brokers is getting sued also form some of these accidents. They ended up going strait to the underwriter at one of the big insurance companies. They ended up sending a letter of approval. $8000 a year must take professional classes and a bunch of hours in the boat with the dealer. max 800hp per engine and under 125 mph and restrictions on some poker runs. Great. Took care of one problem. Now the next problem is the financing. Because of the insurance mess, a bunch of the banks that typically loan on these boats are acting funny. They don't seem to want to loan on a cat????? V hull we have approvals, no problem. I am about to give up on a cat. I think I am going to go with a sit down v. my buddy still is moving forward with trying to get a cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you called us at Wake Zone? We have a program for ANY BOATER and ANY BOAT. Getting a CAT insured is not a big deal anymore. Sure, it is expensive but CAT insurance has always been expensive. Tell your Skater Dealer to call us at Wake Zone. We have no top speed restrictions... the fastest boat we insure is capable of 200 mph..... The biggest problem with buying a CAT for some is not being directed to the right insurance brokerage the first time. Too many pepole waste their time calling all of the wrong insurance people, you need to call true High Performance CAT insurance brokerages (there are a total of 3 brokerages, not carriers, capable of assisting someone with high speed CAT insurance needs, in the country in my opinion). Seriously, you shouldn't have to "work" at getting insurance for a CAT. It is no more than a 15 minute process to approval when you call us.

My Ride
    40' & 28 'Skater, Statement CC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Insurancegoddess View Post
    Have you called us at Wake Zone? We have a program for ANY BOATER and ANY BOAT. Getting a CAT insured is not a big deal anymore. Sure, it is expensive but CAT insurance has always been expensive. Tell your Skater Dealer to call us at Wake Zone. We have no top speed restrictions... the fastest boat we insure is capable of 200 mph..... The biggest problem with buying a CAT for some is not being directed to the right insurance brokerage the first time. Too many pepole waste their time calling all of the wrong insurance people, you need to call true High Performance CAT insurance brokerages (there are a total of 3 brokerages, not carriers, capable of assisting someone with high speed CAT insurance needs, in the country in my opinion). Seriously, you shouldn't have to "work" at getting insurance for a CAT. It is no more than a 15 minute process to approval when you call us.
    This is true.

Just put a deposit on "Recovery" AFTER getting insurance secured. No CAT experience. No HP experience.
    $12,000 for first year with Tres Martin requirement and thats about it. Was pretty simple really.

My Ride
    Resin Bucket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    This is true.

Just put a deposit on "Recovery" AFTER getting insurance secured. No CAT experience. No HP experience.
    $12,000 for first year with Tres Martin requirement and thats about it. Was pretty simple really.
    Congrats on your new ride!!!!

My Ride
    40' & 28 'Skater, Statement CC
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am giddy. Rode in the 46 Skater during the poker run. He had me at "hello" Have been messing around with this for a year. Can't wait to get it on my dock!!

My Ride
    Speed Racer MTI
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on Recovery, you will love it