Thread: 2012 poker run

My Ride
    Cobalt 252
    Post Thanks / Like

2012 poker run

Hello group. I have been only going to the lake for vacation now for about 7 years. We try to get 2-3 trips per year in. One trip is for the shootout weekend, I have to say I love the atmosphere. After reading up on the support our troops poker run, I want to give it a shot. However, we just moved up to a 28 footer (which is still a small boat for the lake) and I have never run any type of poker run before. I was hoping that some one could give me a run down on how the days events go. Also I am not an aggressive boater, I am all about cruising and enjoying the ride. Is there any one that can offer up some helpful etiquette? Thanks

My Ride
    What ever they let me drive
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a 70 mph speed limit and break the boats out into groups that everyone feels comfortable running with. Our run is also on Friday so there is less traffic. Registration is Thursday night at H. Toad. Friday morning we will meet at H. Toad again and head out around 10:30 a.m. We have pace boats and each group stays behind the pace boat until the flag is dropped. We try to wait for the helicopter to come back and then send the next group. We have around ten stops on the run so everyone can enjoy it. You can do all ten or just five in one area.

Welcome to the site
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    resembles a battleship
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the record holder is a 20'Baja hitting all 10 stops. (correct me if I'm wrong)

28' Donzi? Walk in the park.

My Ride
    What ever they let me drive
    Post Thanks / Like
    18 Donzi did the run last year with a supercharged motor, he might be who you are thinking of?
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    Donzi 35ZR. Donzi 28ZX
    Post Thanks / Like
    We used to do the run in our 28Zx you will be fine
    Go BIG or Go Home

My Ride
    Donzi Classic 18
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    18 Donzi did the run last year with a supercharged motor, he might be who you are thinking of?
    Sweet I hold a record for something??
    Yes we did the entire long run in the 18 Donzi, only got a lil ruff leaving paradise back to dog days, we will be back to make the run in 2012 as well, was a great time! You will have no problem in your 28 Donzi!
    Steve

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jr and I are planning on running the Poker Run in a 24 footer. we plannd on it last year but a faulty oil pressure gauge kept us out.

My Ride
    05 292 Fastech ,06 Playcraft,
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have done the run for 3 years in a 26' tri-toon. The group that was with me, was there for the troops and to enjoying the ride. We have never been disappointed. I plan on doing the run again for many years!!!
    Slowest Boat for the 2009, 2010,2011 and 2012 Support the Troops Poker Run,2010,2011, 2012 Dam 2 Dam fun run
    Mark, Kim and the girls

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a great event. Wish we could attend.
    Tim
    Performance Boat Candy
    "Candy for your Boat"
    http://www.performanceboatcandy.com

My Ride
    30' Spectre cat
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to do my best to make the run this year with the Spectre, but it's getting new power and the shop keeps putting me off a week at a time! ARGH

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Reputation View Post
    I'm going to do my best to make the run this year with the Spectre, but it's getting new power and the shop keeps putting me off a week at a time! ARGH

Just because you can't do it don't cheat your fiance she can catch a ride with someone!!

My Ride
    30' Spectre cat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdonnellyjr View Post
    Just because you can't do it don't cheat your fiance she can catch a ride with someone!!
    HAHA nice one, eh I'll just have to take the powertoon instead. Not near as much fun. According to the marina, the motors should be in this weekend though! WOOHOO

My Ride
    05 292 Fastech ,06 Playcraft,
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Reputation View Post
    HAHA nice one, eh I'll just have to take the powertoon instead. Not near as much fun. According to the marina, the motors should be in this weekend though! WOOHOO
    there is ALLWAYS fun on the powertoon!!!!
    Slowest Boat for the 2009, 2010,2011 and 2012 Support the Troops Poker Run,2010,2011, 2012 Dam 2 Dam fun run
    Mark, Kim and the girls