My Ride
    38 Special / Tige 2100V
    Post Thanks / Like

Backwater Jacks

This is an empty post

Glenwood, IA/10mm Spring Cove/Poplar Bluff, MO
    Post Thanks / Like

4 out of 5 rating for Backwater Jacks

We like the menu, having eaten often there. Usually we sit inside at the bar where we get prompt service and good attention. The bands outside have been good. A little pricey but we have found the food and service to be worth it. Usually lots of good parking in flat water. NON SMOKING is very much appreciated!

My Ride
    1978 IMP Inca
    Post Thanks / Like

4 out of 5 rating for Backwater Jacks

Great slips of different sizes including covered docks in glass calm water.
    Really good food, price a tad high but worth it in my opinion.
    Fast service.
    Expanded the outside deck around the tiki bar last year.

My Ride
    33 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like

5 out of 5 rating for Backwater Jacks

One of our on-the-water favorites. Fried potato salad is awesome. Terrific grouper sandwich. Well poured drinks never disappoint. Out of the wind usually, decent docks, easy parking usually. Had to give it 5 out of 5 for on the lake...so consider the scale!

My Ride
    1992 Checkmate Convincor 251
    Post Thanks / Like

3 out of 5 rating for Backwater Jacks

Service was good, and pretty quick....Food was real average, nothing to write home about. Docks are decent and easy to find... Quick drive by car too.

Post Thanks / Like
    They did a great job last night(8/11)! We had a party of 15, the place was packed, I thought we would be there all night waiting on food and drink. Waitress was very nice and had our drinks out to us pronto. She took our food order and 20 minutes later all 15 orders were delivered! Everyone commented on how good it was. Topped off the night with a very good band. I wish I had gotten our waitresses name but I didn't. Great job BWJ's, Thanks.

KC and 5 MM Grand Glaize/Lake of the Ozarks
    My Ride
    Formula PC 27
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great food and good docks!

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, what a difference a year makes. I posted on here August 2012 praising BWJ's on the job they did feeding 15 of us and all 15 dinners gave the thumbs up for the crew. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things Friday night, 6/14. Ordered blackened chicken Caesar salad and the ribeye steak sandwich, won't do that again. The chicken on the salad was pre-cooked crap out of a bag with some sort of red seasoning, not blackened seasoning, sprinkled on cold, dry chicken and called it blackened. The croutons had more juice in them than the chicken. They did not have enough beer in the place to get that dry yardbird down. The steak sandwich looked very good, but had absolutely no seasoning, not even salt on it. It was on the menu as "marinated with Andre's steak seasoning", nope, this could pass any bland hospital/nursing home food test. Does the chef and management really think they people come to their place to eat a $12 chicken salad that is dumped from a bag? Charge more if you have too to serve good food, don't cut corners to this degree. This used to be the best salad on the lake.

Our service was still very good, our waitress was nice and took good care of us. However, just watching the entire operation work, it is very apparent that not all the staff was pulling their weight. We sure hope this is a temporary thing for BWJ's, we would really hate to lose them. Thanks

My Ride
    2013 Crest tri toon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by us2onthewater View Post
    WOW, what a difference a year makes. I posted on here August 2012 praising BWJ's on the job they did feeding 15 of us and all 15 dinners gave the thumbs up for the crew. Maybe we just ordered the wrong things Friday night, 6/14. Ordered blackened chicken Caesar salad and the ribeye steak sandwich, won't do that again. The chicken on the salad was pre-cooked crap out of a bag with some sort of red seasoning, not blackened seasoning, sprinkled on cold, dry chicken and called it blackened. The croutons had more juice in them than the chicken. They did not have enough beer in the place to get that dry yardbird down. The steak sandwich looked very good, but had absolutely no seasoning, not even salt on it. It was on the menu as "marinated with Andre's steak seasoning", nope, this could pass any bland hospital/nursing home food test. Does the chef and management really think they people come to their place to eat a $12 chicken salad that is dumped from a bag? Charge more if you have too to serve good food, don't cut corners to this degree. This used to be the best salad on the lake.

Our service was still very good, our waitress was nice and took good care of us. However, just watching the entire operation work, it is very apparent that not all the staff was pulling their weight. We sure hope this is a temporary thing for BWJ's, we would really hate to lose them. Thanks
    Chef??? most lake bars have ok food but I have yet had very good food from any lakeside bars/Restaurants

My Ride
    Powerquest 380 Avenger
    Post Thanks / Like

Best place on the water IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

This is our favorite place on the lake hands down. Docks are fantastic and always have good service.

The food is great as well. The jalapeno poppers with raspberry sauce are a must order, but just get 1. They are massive...

The grouper is great as well...

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    What a great place to be on a summer evening, especially for the Thursday specials!

My Ride
    Chaparral 256ssi
    Post Thanks / Like
    X2 Thursdays are great. I believe they are reopening on St. Patrick's day, can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    We used to go to BJs almost every Friday night years ago before the WP starting sitting outside their cove, we stopped going, I couldn't even have two beers with the fear of being molested, so we quit going, started going to Paradise, seems they didn't mess with us as much.

And before the alcohol haters start in on me, anyone should be able to have a beer or two or a few glasses of wine, I don't drink very much in the boat, it's too dangerous, I wish things were back like they were 10 years ago.

My Ride
    370ss formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to be 10yrs. younger!!!!