Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Ride
    What ever they let me drive
    Post Thanks / Like

Tickfaw 200 - May 4-5, 2012

MWBP is headed to the swamp! Speedy will be at the Tickfaw 200 and MWBP is a sponsor of the run:

Welcome back to the Tickfaw 200. Louisiana’s Premiere Power Boat Poker Run returns May 4 & 5, 2012. The Tickfaw 200 will again be a two day event. You will be able to pick up your entry badges at Blood River Landing beginning Thursday, May 3. You can collect proof of stops Friday and/or Saturday.

This year there will be liver music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights at the
    Fun House.
    Thursday Night—Rick James Project
    Friday Night— Allison Collins Band
    Saturday Night—Allison Collins Band
    Friday & Saturday during the day—Rick James Project—One Man Band

On Saturday be ready to leave the Marina at 10:30 am. At 11:00 am there will be a blessing of the Fleet as the boats pass under the HWY 22 Bridge.

There will be eight stops for the Poker Run. You will need five (5) stops to qualify for a hand. Five of the stops are accessible by land if you choose to travel by car instead of boat. You can purchase two (2) additional cards. All the money from the additional cards goes into the pot, making it a progressive pot. The pot gets bigger with each extra card that is purchased.

Dealers will begin dealing hands at 3 pm on Saturday. You must be in line by 7 pm to receive a hand.

Stops are:
    1. The Prop Stop (Tickfaw River) 5. Friends Restaurant (Madisonville)
    2. Blind River Bar (Diversion Canal) 6. Riverside Grill (Madisonville)
    3. The Canal Bank (Diversion Canal) 7. Landry’s (West End New Orleans)
    4. Sun Buns (I-55 Canal at South Pass) 8. The Doc (Slidell)

There are three local, land based fuel stops in close proximity. Ratcliffs and TNT both have ethanol free gas and The Riverstop Chevron is easy access but does not have ethanol free gas. All three are within a mile of each other on Hwy 22 and within four (4) miles of the Marina.

A reminder that on Saturday there will be a Chicken Drop at Riverside Grill in Madisonville in addition to the Gator Drop at the Fun House.

There will be food, drinks and lots of fun. Food will be prepared by Creative Cajun Cooking.

Be sure to send your entry in as soon as possible. We want to make sure that we have plenty of time to place orders for shirts and you won’t have to stand in line to enter. So, when you send in your entry, let us know what size and color shirt you want so we can order the correct number. The shirts will have the “Powerboat Pirate” Logo silkscreened on the back.

Come and join us for a weekend of fun, friends, partying and fantastic boating.

Email: Tickfaw200@Bloodrivermarina.com

Owner
    Joey Fontenot
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    24' toon
    Post Thanks / Like
    that run looks like a lot of fun

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by weekend@burnies View Post
    that run looks like a lot of fun
    I agree more info here: www.bloodrivermarina.com
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    2003 29 OUTLAW w/HO's
    Post Thanks / Like
    AWESOME RUN! and LOTS of fun! Don't know if we will make it this year but may try. Since we are in such a drought here in Houston we are going to have to venture out to run. Were kicking round Desert Storm but Tickfaw is not too bad of a drive for us if I can get the time off. Make sure if your boat is documented your numbers are "properly" mounted and all your ins. and everything is at your fingertips!!!!!! (hint hint).
    DAVE -N- KELI
    NAUTI ONE
    SPRING, TX.

My Ride
    2005 290SC VELOCITY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any video out there of this run. What is required to participate in poker runs. Really want to do one but worried about my boat being slow and small. I have seen poker run at LOTO and think its to rough for my size boat. Is a river run different than a lake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie124 View Post
    Is there any video out there of this run. What is required to participate in poker runs. Really want to do one but worried about my boat being slow and small. I have seen poker run at LOTO and think its to rough for my size boat. Is a river run different than a lake.
    hey i am casey harrison one of the board members for the run. there is some video out there i am trying to palce what i did with it.the run is on 3 rivers and 2 lakes. you have to cross 1 of the lakes to make a hand. blind river bar,cannal bank,prop stop, sun bun and the marina at card tun in to give you 5 cards. the big lake can get nasty at times but that is only due to the weather. have done the run my self in a 25'outlaw no problem and have seen smaller boats do it also 20' range.

have to make 10 posts before i can put links!

My Ride
    2005 290SC VELOCITY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok been looking all day for more info. I live in KC MO and am looking for a fun trip with my wife and boat. I always wanted to run a river and thought this would be fun. It would be nice to have a route map of the lakes and rivers as well as some video and pictures. Bloodriver web page has very limited pics and and info. I want to research this out a bit before planing a trip. I have a 290sc velocity with the 496ho set up.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    The MWBP Friday Poker Run at LOTO is not really rough at all. You could do it in an 18" boat with no problem. An 18' Donzi did it last year. It is mostly only rough when groups first start. After the first mile or 2, the group spreads out. Lots of the pics and video are taken to show boats launching off waves at just the right time.

Tickfaw looks rougher at some points than the MWBP run at some points. Also, on a narrow river, it is hard to cut across wakes at decent angle.
    Search Tickfaw on youtube for more vids.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYBgVyAiSq4

Post Thanks / Like
    thats only one stop and parts of that video are off a bayou thats not on the run. they were leaving some camps. the rivers are not bad. blind river can be narrower. but there is lots of lake crossing in the run. there is no video that really shows all the parts. and out server crashed and we lost the one good one we had. its about the same amount on rivers and lake riding. been on the top 10 poker runs list for a few years now. have hurd great things about MWBP run also, so cant talk one up more then the other
    www.bloodrivermarina.com

My Ride
    2005 290SC VELOCITY
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will boat a lot at LOTO and will do a run there as well....Is the troops run the same as MWBP run or they different. I have never been on a river and never even considered it to be fun untill recently searching river boating. I like how smooth it looks compared to LOTO on a sat afternoon. I think im gonna try to get a river run in, maybe a smaller one who knows. The wife asked me if any gators are in the river and if we can swim and is it clean and safe. I told her im glad I can swim faster than her and cant be worse than loto. Only other question is....salt water? Fresh?

Post Thanks / Like
    lol the gator part kills me every time! its safe never have a issue with them. get asked all the time about it being is the swamp. its in the swamp but not what it depicted in most peoples heads. there is no wild life issues! its fresh water.
    www.bloodrivermarina.com

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will boat a lot at LOTO and will do a run there as well....Is the troops run the same as MWBP run or they different. I have never been on a river and never even considered it to be fun untill recently searching river boating. I like how smooth it looks compared to LOTO on a sat afternoon. I think im gonna try to get a river run in, maybe a smaller one who knows. The wife asked me if any gators are in the river and if we can swim and is it clean and safe. I told her im glad I can swim faster than her and cant be worse than loto. Only other question is....salt water? Fresh?
    Yes. MWBP Support Our Troops Poker Run.

My Ride
    33 AVS "American Thunder"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyh View Post
    its fresh water.
    when i was down there they said Pontchartrain is salt?
    Boater Mechanics Association, we screw, we nut, we bolt!

boat [boht] noun- A wood (or fiberglass) lined hole in the water into which one flushes money down.

Post Thanks / Like
    the far east end is brackish. There is 4 rivers and countless bayous that flow in to it.
    www.bloodrivermarina.com

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    we are working on getting some pictures up onthe site now. there is a few videos on youtube.

the run is ruffly 200 miles if you make all the card stops. there is three diffrent rivers, two lakes and one pass that you would be boating in. makes for a nice ride in the swamp and a bit of fresh water marsh! all the water is deep so no worries there. you get the best of both worlds river riding and then lots of room in the lakes to open up. there is the option to run friday and/or saturday. the poeple who ran both days last year loved it. gave them more time to stay at the stops. some did it all friday and just played with everone or whent back to there favorite stops again on saturday. all the stops have food and gas is avalble all through out the run. there is a chicken drop in maddisonville and a gator drop at the fun house. (thats were you buy a number on a board and were ever the chicken/gator SH*T you with the money) there is a party with a band friday and saturday after the day is over at the fun house. it can get wild in there!

each hane will recive a punch card for the stops and lanyard for it. also will recive a BIG lamanated map with all the stops marked and gps headings(satlite image map). its a very nice poster size map with the tickfaw 200 logo on the back

blind river stops:
    blind river bar: a water acess only place has a huge dock and a place for kids to play if someone has that need. cannal bank:a local watering hole with a good vibe of everyday life around the river.

manshack pass
    sun buns is a must stop always fun there loacated on a bayou with shrimp and crab boats parked across from the bar thats water access only.

maddisonville
    friends restront: great food and were lots of people gathor. River side bar: the chicken drop is loacted here. benafittes the fireman in the town. the parking here is huge in maddisonville. there is a 1/4 mile sea wall to dock at and all the places are next door to eachother.

slidell
    the dock: they have food gas and a bar. they will be the place for someone who wants to make a nice long ride a cross the big lake.

new orleans.
    landrys seafood: name gives that one away. great new orleans food and drinks. its also a nice ride for someone who also wants to make a nice ride. then you can tell your friends you drove your boat to new orleans.

blood river marian is were both partys are at friday and saturday. some even come in and hang out on thursay also. there is a fully stocked bar in the fun house and good cajin cooking in the maina. have limited space for RV parking in the marina also so call early for that. boats can be parked there and in the cannals next door. ther is trailer parking to. a list of place to stay on the web site witch is getting updated right now.

if anymore info is needed aks! my email is caseyharrison@cox.net or my cell is 225-445-2110 call it at any time. there is also a address and a phone number for joey the owner on the web site. hope to see yall there!!!!!!
    www.BigThunderMarine.com