Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    30' Spectre cat
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet it is! If I get this water pressure issue lined out, and a few electrical gremlins I'd like to make some runs. Can I just pre register and party Saturday, then run Sunday?

My Ride
    TBD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Reputation View Post
    I bet it is! If I get this water pressure issue lined out, and a few electrical gremlins I'd like to make some runs. Can I just pre register and party Saturday, then run Sunday?
    Shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you go to the registration tent at Captain Rons, have your boat inspected, pick up your decal/etc, and then you can run whenever you like. You'll need a helmet and a Lifeline jacket as well.

Once you get all that taken care of and you're ready to run, you'll idle up to the start boat, make sure they get your number, and they'll yell out to you and tell you who you follow. At that point, I like to idle over to the boat I'm following and ask who they're following, just to get a little more warning of when I'm going so I don't hold up the show. Then shut it down and float and wait. Bring sunscreen, something to drink (non-alcoholic, of course) and a snack!

BTW, Dave Scott on KRMS tonight at 6pm!

My Ride
    TBD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyenBrian View Post
    Will the bridge work be changing the course layout?
    I don't believe so.

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.o...scoursemap.pdf

My Ride
    30' Spectre cat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips! I'll hit captain Ron's early. When will they be setup for inspections and check in? Do they check for flame arrestors? I don't wanna get turned away for something dumb..

My Ride
    TBD
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips! I'll hit captain Ron's early. When will they be setup for inspections and check in? Do they check for flame arrestors? I don't wanna get turned away for something dumb..
    Safety inspections and registration begin at 8am on Friday. Schedule is here:

http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/schedule.html

(EDIT: On Friday, safety inspections begin at 8am and Registration begins at 10am. My mistake.)

Some folks take care of that on friday while doing Wild's fun run or the Shootout Poker Run.

As for flame arrestors, I run bone stock so I'm not the best guy to ask. Someone else may chime in here or you can contact whoever is responsible for fielding those questions: http://www.lakeoftheozarksshootout.org/contact.html

My Ride
    2002 baja 33 outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm thinking that I registered and got inspected on Friday last year....dont think
    I got the decal til sat AM tho.

The'll start inspecting fairly early on Sat.....like 9ish

My Ride
    30' Spectre cat
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok well I'll stop by on Friday to register then!

Post Thanks / Like
    Von Bongo it wouldn't be the same without you up there and all your knowledge of the people participating!