Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like we can't make it now. I have that Friday off but its from exactly midnight to midnight. It really sucks because I was gonna bring a buddy who's been stationed in the middle east for the last year and his wife

My Ride
    Cigarette Top Gun
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie....what is the schedule for the Wounded Warriors Pier 31 to Ha Ha Tonka trip? We are in for this but have heard nothing.

My Ride
    25 TT Neptoon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flynon H2O View Post
    Ok here is a question. As you all know i don,t have a fast power boat but was wondering if you think a serviceman would like to go in a slower boat, we would love to entertain a few but don,t know if they would unhappy. Whats your opinion.
    What about those who are, say wheelchair-bound, or otherwise who couldn't easily get into a fast ride? I always wondered about having some slow boats (pontoon in my case) take whomever, leave a bit before the initial send-off and be in a position to watch all the fast guys go flying by and then just do what we can afterwards.
    What happens at the lake, stays at the lake. Unless I have a camera handy.

My Ride
    What ever they let me drive
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMDye View Post
    What about those who are, say wheelchair-bound, or otherwise who couldn't easily get into a fast ride? I always wondered about having some slow boats (pontoon in my case) take whomever, leave a bit before the initial send-off and be in a position to watch all the fast guys go flying by and then just do what we can afterwards.
    We let Jon know how many drivers are willing to take service people and then match them up to the boats that day. If you are willing to take people let us know. We can always move them around at a stop so they can ride in a different boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Testa
    Eddie....what is the schedule for the Wounded Warriors Pier 31 to Ha Ha Tonka trip? We are in for this but have heard nothing.
    That's Bud's deal I will ask him.
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    25 TT Neptoon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eddie, thanks for the response, but I guess I was not being completely clear. Is there a need for a boat or boats for those who can not access a typical poker-run boat?

I have never done a poker-run, mainly because I'm a slow boater. I would not want to "host" anyone expecting to being able to go down the main channel at 60 only to find him or herself stuck in a pokey boat. My original thought was being able to "host" someone who otherwise wouldn't be able to ride in a boat, at least witness the poker-run boats flying by. But then I see in the past rules, no one is allowed to pass the pace boat, so I guess that part is out. So maybe my idea is a complete fail.
    What happens at the lake, stays at the lake. Unless I have a camera handy.

Post Thanks / Like
    where is this run held at? And how many boats ran in it last year? thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe koziel View Post
    where is this run held at? And how many boats ran in it last year? thanks
    Lake of the Ozarks, 110+ boats

For every question you may ever have about the past runs: Click the "forum" button on top, then go down to the "Support the Troops" section of the forum. There is 60+ different threads to pick from, which will include pictures, videos and LOTS of good info.

But really.... Participating is the best way to find out and why many of us consider it the finest event in the country!

In past years we had troops ride with us as well as media. I can tell you without any hesitation, the appreciation the troops portray to you for "just participating" in your day, will last with you forever!
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    2010 Active Thunder 37 Excess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm....if Lake Michigan stays as low as it is right now, I might just have to drag a couple of the boys down from Chicago for this...

Does it usually fill up?
    Warming the globe 16 cylinders at a time.

bad influence offshore. are you under the influence?

My Ride
    2001 36 Spectre
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sommerfliesby View Post
    Hmmm....if Lake Michigan stays as low as it is right now, I might just have to drag a couple of the boys down from Chicago for this...

Does it usually fill up?
    as bob says(come on down!),great event and there's always room.

My Ride
    35 Nordic flame
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a Marine and a disabled veteran I would be more than happy to have troops ride along.

My Ride
    2010 Active Thunder 37 Excess
    Post Thanks / Like
    Booked a condo today...coming down on Wednesday through Sunday! Be signing up for the run tonight when I have my insurance info. handy.

Can't wait to get back to LOTO...its been a couple years!

Not sure how many I will have aboard, but if there's room, I definately will take a soldier!
    Warming the globe 16 cylinders at a time.

bad influence offshore. are you under the influence?

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sommerfliesby View Post
    Booked a condo today...coming down on Wednesday through Sunday! Be signing up for the run tonight when I have my insurance info. handy.

Can't wait to get back to LOTO...its been a couple years!

Not sure how many I will have aboard, but if there's room, I definately will take a soldier!
    Glad to have you!!! Early bird special saves you $50.00 thanks for signing up early.
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    Baja 35 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can u sign up on this site? What's the deal with Thursday sign in? Can't make it down till 6ish Thursday night. Any help would be appreciated...

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HisPanic View Post
    Can u sign up on this site? What's the deal with Thursday sign in? Can't make it down till 6ish Thursday night. Any help would be appreciated...
    Go to www.lakeozarkspokerrun.com use the online registration.
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    40' & 28 'Skater, Statement CC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who's doing what..

http://midwestboatparty.com/pokerrun/map.htm

Short run?
    Long run?
    or
    Complete run?

If I don't have a breakdown, I'm doing the complete run.