My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Post Thanks / Like

2013 Lake of the Ozarks Dam to Dam Fun Run - May 17, 18, 19

The D2D is quickly approaching!! The warm weather is NOT. Someone fix that, please?

More info is available at this Facebook page - request to join the group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/lotodam2dam/

The following is the tentative schedule for the 2013 Lake of the Ozarks Dam to Dam Fun Run!

First.....RULES. Yes, we have to have some rules.

1. This is an unsponsored, unorganized, FREE EVENT. You alone are responsible for yourself, your boat, and your guests. If anyone ( water patrol or police ) asks, I do not know who you are. Although, we may pass the hat to collect funds to bail you out of jail if you ask nicely.

2. THIS IS NOT A POKER RUN nor IS IT A RACE. There will be boats of all sizes and speeds taking part. There are attendees of all ages as well. Be courteous and respectful to everyone! Big wakes make little boats do bad things. I prefer to run between 30-40 MPH so everyone can keep up. There will be areas where people stretch their legs and RUN. Please slow down and allow the group to catch up.

3. This is a group event. Please keep the group together! Keep watch for those in front of you, and behind. Not everyone knows the lake, and people can get confused and lost ( ...Ehem, Lakerat... ). This is especially important past the 50mm, and going into some coves. There is shallow water in areas. Please pay attention! Prior to leaving each stop, there will be a drivers meeting where the route will be discussed, and potential dangers will be noted. We do have designated "guides" that know certain parts of the lake past the 50MM. These people will be introduced as we meet them at various locations. Know their boat and FOLLOW THEM if you want to stay in the channel and off the mud banks.

4. IDLE SPEED PAST FISHING BOATS PLEASE! On our way toward Warsaw, the lake narrows significantly. Please run single file ( most important as we pass the 70mm ). There may be many small fishing boats, often tied up near/under bridges and along shore. Be courteous to folks in small fishing boats! Last year our group was PRAISED by locals for this one simple act. I want Warsaw to want us back.

5. Dock space is VERY LIMITED. Please consolidate boats. As mentioned previously, any boat with less than 4 people in it will be charged a tax equal to one round of drinks per stop! Docking may be a challenge. Bring plenty of bumpers and ropes and be patient when tying up and leaving the docks.

6. NO, this is NOT a "child friendly" event. This event was created for the adults to act like kids.

Now, times and places. Times are approximate at best and are for planning purposes ONLY. Don't be surprised if we are early or late.

************************************************** *****************************************

Friday, May 17th - 5:00 till you fall down
    The official Dam to Dam Pre Party at Paradise Tropical Restaurant and Bar!
    Come by car or by boat. Conveniently located at the 24MM by water.

************************************************** ******************************************

Saturday, May 18th
    This schedule is subject to change at any given moment and should be taken with a grain of salt. Times are approximate and depend entirely on our ability to remain relatively coherent. Additional information will be added in the future.

A couple of the listings below are FUEL STOPS ONLY in the event you need fuel or have other issues.

Miller's Landing Marina - 28.5MM
    7:00am to 10:00am
    Be here EARLY. We'll be leaving Miller's at 10:00am! If you miss out on some of the best breakfast and Bloody Marys on the lake because you showed up late, you'll really want to kick yourself in the rear end. Miller's has fuel, ( and Bob is offering a discount on fuel for D2D members ) so top off your tank. You'll need it.
    573-348-5268

Red Fox Bar and Grill - 50MM
    10:30am - 12:00am
    573-345-4596

Fattie's Rendezvous Bar and Grill - 61MM
    12:30pm - 1:00pm
    573-845-4500

Cardinal Cove - 71MM
    1:30pm - 3:00pm
    573-345-3372

Truman Dam - 92MM
    4:00pm - 5:00pm
    Here, we'll throw anchor, raft up and chill after a long day of drinking, errrr, I mean, BOATING.

Drake Harbor - Warsaw, MO - 90MM
    5:30pm
    Tie up, dry off and get ready for supper! Transportation will be available to transport you to Truman Lodge prior to supper.

Corner Gardens - Warsaw, MO
    6:30pm
    Dinner, drinks and music and girls dancing on the bar!

Truman Lodge - Warsaw, MO
    Arrival time - when you get bailed out of jail. ( Jail conveniently located directly adjacent to the Drake Harbor )
    660-438-2882
    trumanlodge@yahoo.com

Transportation will be available from Drake Harbor to Truman Lodge, and back to Corner Gardens for the evening. Corner Gardens is located just up the street from Drake Harbor for those who are staying on their boats. Taxi service is also available. Call when needed.

Dam Taxi Service - Warsaw, Mo
    660-723-2364

************************************************** ******************************************

Sunday, May 19th

Breakfast location TBD!!

I realize many of you will need to leave early Sunday morning to get home at a reasonable time Sunday night. For those of you that can stay longer, (I STRONGLY suggest taking vacation Monday!) we have a couple stops we can hit on the way back down. No specific times will be set.

Possum Holler - 61MM
    573-345-0044

Big Dick's Half Way Inn - 47MM
    573-374-1919

If you need more info, please contact me! Mike - 5155717400
    When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way.........so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

My Ride
    Intrepid, Formula, Cigarette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good weather three times in a row, sure, why not. The forecasted cold snap next weekend is the last gasp I hope but the water is going to be a little chilly this year.

Been looking forward to this since getting home from Florida in January.
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool's Gold View Post
    Good weather three times in a row, sure, why not. The forecasted cold snap next weekend is the last gasp I hope but the water is going to be a little chilly this year.

Been looking forward to this since getting home from Florida in January.
    You missed it, but the first year it DID rain, and we had just as much fun....we just drank more. :/
    When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way.........so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.

My Ride
    Formula 280 SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first year was the shiznit BECAUSE of the crappy weather. Rain or shine, it's ON. It'll be good to see all our friends and make some new ones. Looking forward to it & counting down.
    Troy & Chrissy

My Ride
    IMP 310 Viper
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are ready!
    "NEW DOCKS IN THE WATER READY FOR DELIVERY @51 MM"

Owner: Roger Leas
    www.dbdocks.com
    573-280-1829
    573-347-2327

My Ride
    Intrepid, Formula, Cigarette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Think positive, sunny and 80. If not who cares
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

My Ride
    370ss formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool's Gold View Post
    Think positive, sunny and 80. If not who cares

My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Post Thanks / Like
    If anyone needs a ride, I've got some extra room in my new boat.

My Ride
    96 42' Fountain Lightni
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have their been any dates set for this year?

My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hail raiser View Post
    Have their been any dates set for this year?
    2014 D2D...

Absolutely!!
    Friday, May 16th is the preparty
    Saturday, May 17th is the run to Warsaw
    Sunday, May 18th is the run back home.
    Monday....take the day off to recover.

IF you aren't part of the Facebook D2D group, go to this Facebook page and request to be added!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/lotodam2dam/

My Ride
    370ss formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike need to wake up----start planning this----- so people can make plans in advance
    Last edited by zorro; 02-09-2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: spelling

My Ride
    Baja H2X
    Post Thanks / Like
    Start planning? Hell, it's a done deal! Waiting for the snow to melt.....

And ICE ...

Get in the Facebook D2D group...that's where most of the info gets posted.

My Ride
    370ss formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tooo high tech for me I'm old been sick the last 4 days haven't gone to work or called in. May have been retired buy the boss!!

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Walter, this made me laugh ....... 2014 has been planned for months now
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

My Ride
    370ss formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    Keep it up Ritchie Rich and I will turn up the rays on you and???????