Thread: Camera

Post Thanks / Like

Camera

I am looking at a new digital camera. I have been looking at the Kodak's. All I will be doing is taking pictures to email and of course posting. Looking for something simple to use. What would all of you suggest I buy? What features do I need to make sure the camera has?

Thanks

I also am buying a GPS and know absolutely nothing about them either.

My Ride
    32' Baja Caliber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I own a kodak, very easy to use point and shoot with zoom DX4330. The one thing I don't like about mine is the fact it takes soooo long to power up, I miss a LOT of shots, and the time it takes to complete one picture before you can take another.
    You also want to look at the megapixels, more is better, mine is 3.1 and works well.
    Handle every situation like a dog.

If you can't it or it.
    on it and walk away.

My Ride
    16' Glastron Carlson
    Post Thanks / Like
    All the info you could probably ever need can be found here:
    http://www.dpreview.com/

But if you're looking for someone to just tell you what point-and-shoot to buy, here's a couple tips:

1) buy a camera with the most optical zoom your pocket book will afford. don't pay attention to how much digital zoom they have... digital zoom sucks.

2) look for something that is small and easy to carry. you are much more likely to take it with you if you can slip it in your pocket or something. you won't miss those prime shots if you have it with you all the time.

3) look for a camera that has an easy way to download the pictures to your PC. I guess the Kodak's are supposed to have a nice docking station of sorts for that purpose. I haven't used one myself.

4) make sure to budget for a big memory card when you buy your camera. the mega-pixels of cameras are getting high enough that you need a pretty big memory card if you want to take a weekend full of pictures without having to download or switch memory cards.

All I can think of for now. I haven't shopped for a point and shoot for a long time, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a 5.0 MP Kodak on Ebay for right at $200. Itís been great.

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    Spammer!!!!!!!!!!!!!