Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Ride
    FourWinns 328 Vista
    Post Thanks / Like

New Smithville folks

Greetings everyone! My name is Cory Booth and my family and I recently arrived here from Virginia.

We bought a place up in Smithville, MO and naturally we are boating on Smithville Lake.

I am originally from Oregon (near Astoria) and my wife is from Hiawatha, KS. I grew up boating, but as a family, we got heavily into boating while in Virginia. We took advantage of the Potomac River, Chesapeake Bay, ICW, and Atlantic and explored as much as we could. It was our only outlet for the weekend that did not involve driving in traffic. :-)

This site brings back a lot of memories. When we launched our first boat in Virginia, I Googled around for onwater activities. I ran across a website - PartyonthePotomac - which was much like this site. A quick post resulted in numerous hellos and welcome aboards. As we started rafting up with everyone, we got to know and found some of our very best friends. As an IT guy, I even assisted in the site. Unfortunately for that site, FaceBook took most of the activity and it now lives on as potomacboaters.com (a merger of many other sites of the day). But I can't help but credit that site for introducing us to some of the best people we have ever known. We are looking forward to doing the same here.

My wife and I have two kids, one 13 and one will turn - well 1 - this weekend.

Looks like most of the fun is on the Ozarks, but we wanted to introduce ourselves and hopefully reconnect with boaters again. Something about boaters, they are all great people.

If anyone is heading out East and needs some pointers or POCs for the Potomac River region - shoot me a message, I can get you going in the right direction.

Our boat is laid up for the winter - first time winterizing in water - but we are anxious to get started again next year...

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site!!! When we aren't at LOTO we go to Smithville. We have a 1999 Donzi 28 ZX White with a blue stripe. We usually hang out in "party cove" it's the cove directly across the lake from the restaurant (Cast aways). We're done for the winter as well.

My Ride
    IMP 310 Viper
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!
    "NEW DOCKS IN THE WATER READY FOR DELIVERY @51 MM"

Owner: Roger Leas
    www.dbdocks.com
    573-280-1829
    573-347-2327

My Ride
    Donzi 35ZR. Donzi 28ZX
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!
    Go BIG or Go Home

My Ride
    1992 24' baja outlaw whippled
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!!!

My Ride
    What ever they let me drive
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site!

It would be great to have Smithville area added to the site. If you would like to help us get our "member card" program set up in the area let me know.
    www.BigThunderMarine.com

My Ride
    FourWinns 328 Vista
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey thanks ya'll...

I saw your "member card", but not much up our way to apply it toward - 'cept maybe the fuel dock...
    The restaurant was rumored to open next year, but now not so sure.

Dock talk says the county is too involved in the effort and it discourages folks from attempting to open it.
    I also heard something to the effect that a non-refundable $20,000 investment is needed to get the kitchen up to snuff.

But that's all hearsay...

I'll help however I can however... :-)
    When all is said and done, more was said than done...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboyup View Post
    I saw your "member card", but not much up our way to apply it toward - 'cept maybe the fuel dock...
    The restaurant was rumored to open next year, but now not so sure.

Dock talk says the county is too involved in the effort and it discourages folks from attempting to open it.
    I also heard something to the effect that a non-refundable $20,000 investment is needed to get the kitchen up to snuff.

... :-)

I've heard all of this as well.

My Ride
    Formula 280 SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Welcome to the site!

It would be great to have Smithville area added to the site. If you would like to help us get our "member card" program set up in the area let me know.
    Welcome fellow Smithviller!

Ya, Castaways has been gone for awhile, now. Shane and Stephanie had a great thing going and the county put the squash on it. Too bad, it was a great place to hang out, listen to bands and grab a bite to eat.

Mine's tucked away for the winter but we usually hang out near the dam or over toward Family Cove. Maybe we'll see you out next year.
    Troy & Chrissy

My Ride
    370ss formula
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Soul Asset View Post
    we usually hang out near the dam or over toward Family Cove. Maybe we'll see you out next year.

Is family cove north of the "W" bridge?

My Ride
    Formula 280 SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. Some call it the sand bar. It's all the way down on the right after you pass through the tree "gauntlet" just north of the red buoys.
    Troy & Chrissy

My Ride
    280 Horizon
    Post Thanks / Like
    ... Welcome to the party
    Take life with a grain of salt
    A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila!

My Ride
    FourWinns 328 Vista
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all... I actually think we found family cove already... Cool

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    When all is said and done, more was said than done...