Thread: Stereo upgrade

My Ride
    340 Mach 1
    Post Thanks / Like

Stereo upgrade

I am looking to upgrade the stereo in my boat and had a few questions. I was wondering if I really need to use a marine grade head unit since it is down in the cabin and not in the elements. What brand should I go with(not doing a big over the top setup) I also will have to do remotes to go with new setup. I would like to go Bluetooth. Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a marine Kenwood off ebay with speakers and an amp for under 200 bucks. Ive used regular car stereos in the past with no issues.

My Ride
    40' & 28 'Skater, Statement CC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Talk to Brandon at Dreamgear on the belt across from south Burger King since you are from Jotown. He did mine and MCONs. Does a great job.

My Ride
    '91 Mastercraft 240SC
    Post Thanks / Like
    No you don't need marine.
    I like Alpine due to their multi input and until now, selection of 4V outputs. Looks like the CDE-154BT is the only one with 4V now.
    It does have BT for playing songs. I don't know how much you expect a remote to do but they have waterproof RF key chain remotes that can do the basics with the advantages of - no holes, not married to one brand with extra equipment, RF is not line of sight.

Alpine also has 3 pairs of outputs that allow great control of both Sub and multiple full range amps.
    http://alpine-usa.com/product/view/cde-154bt/Specs

I had a long conversation with the guys at NW Audio in Platte City (same owner as St Jo) to do some amp tuning and other work on the MasterCraft. I didn't end up doing the work but came away impressed they could do the job if I needed it (most have no clue at the level I was considering).
    I have a roll bar for a reason.......

My Ride
    340 Mach 1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok thanks guys! I will talk to Brandon and see what he recommends. I never thought about the eBay. I will have to take a looky.

My Ride
    40' & 28 'Skater, Statement CC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gjpippitt View Post
    Ok thanks guys! I will talk to Brandon and see what he recommends. I never thought about the eBay. I will have to take a looky.

Your wife gotta raise....go big!!

My Ride
    340 Mach 1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha Bam I tried that and it didn't go over so well!!!!