Post Thanks / Like

Any fishing this time of year?

Coming to LOTO this weekend and thought I would go out a few times to fish. Am I nuts? Does anyone fish this time of year? If so, what for and what with? Thanks in advance for advice

Post Thanks / Like
    You're not crazy at all. Winter fishing for bass and crappie "can be" awesome, but more often than not it is just "OK" unless you have the ambition to put in the time to really figure out the fishes habits and location patterns. So if you start trying this winter and stay at it you'll be a step ahead next Winter. By the winter of 2016-17 you'll be out there loading the boat with the best of them. Like anything else worthwhile it takes effort, desire, and a considerable amount of mental toughness.

The payoff is being out on a beautiful lake, catching quality fish more times than not, and having it all to yourself (for the most part).
    For a lot of us that makes having frozen fingers worth every minute of it.

You can hire a guide the first couple times if you want a temporaray shortcut to success, but nothing beats the feeling of figuring it all out yourself thru study, and trail & error.

Good luck, and be SAFE ! Cold water kills so DON'T FALL IN.

For bass:
    *Suspending jerkbaits.
    *Swimbaits.
    *Jigs.
    Are the only baits you need to become proficient with.

For crappie:
    *1/16 - 1/8 oz. Jig heads.
    *A selection of 1 1/2 - 2" plastic bodies (Slab busters, Kalin grubs, ect.).
    *Road runners.
    Are all you'll need.

My Ride
    14' john boat for now
    Post Thanks / Like
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417574351.750811.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1417574376.198309.jpg

My grandpa and I caught these crappie on his condo dock a few years ago on Thanksgiving weekend.
    I need a beer!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all, we had great luck on Crappie most of the Summer. We will hit it hard and figure it out.

My Ride
    96 42' Fountain Lightni
    Post Thanks / Like
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417655428.395145.jpg
    I caught this guy last Wednesday. Jerkbait moving very slowly. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417655496.628944.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates? Fish biting on LOTO?

Post Thanks / Like

Any fishing this time of year

Okay I have always wanted to try ice fishing. So where do I go here in WA? I have no gear what so ever for ice fishing either. This somehting i want to try someday maybe this year.

Post Thanks / Like
    You would be surprised, I set my Irish keester down in a chair with a favorite beverage, some tasty jack links snacks, music a blazing, bikinin's walking by, and my foot on the pulpit of my yacht, and I have caught pan fish, catfish, and some odd fish that on a fight betwixt me and it. I swear it was 2.5 feet long, pointy fins? pointy skull, I dont know what it was, but it almost broke my pole in half! Fishy bastard! I have a secret jigging method that's seems to work. It takes a "persistence" but it pays off year round! I wish I knew what that splashing beastie was? man!

Post Thanks / Like
    Gar?