Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crappie 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by realdeal211 View Post
    Ameren doesn't give a crap about our fishing!!! My father and I fished pretty hard both Saturday and Sunday last weekend to get our limits. Nothing easy out there yet, but they can be found deeper if searched for. No big schools yet. Crappie are definitely not spawning yet. Nothing was caught under 5 ft of water with most caught in the 10-12 range under docks and some on some small flats in the back of coves. Water temp was a steady 56 degrees all weekend. IMO it needs to break 60 before things get rockin. The BBB this weekend will put a lot of fishing pressure on them. I'm gonna wait another week to get back down. Still think the spawn is 2-3 weeks away judging my the weather maps.
    I was on the bank, casted out as far as I could and started retrieve within 1-2 seconds (very gentle slope bottom where I was). Limited out (last 12 in just an hour or so). They come in to banks in the evening, especially when storm fronts are moving in. Worked for me the last 5 years +.

Only 3 of the 15 fish I caught were females. Spawn is not yet here, but its close. These days I'm down there once every 2-3 days so I don't miss it. I wouldn't dare wait 2-3 weeks, I think it'll be done by then.

Chartreuse body, white tail, chartreuse crappie nibble.

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    GDF.... To think I gave $$$$ of fishing stuff away when I downsized .... Stupid me

Gots me a pole, minnow bucket, line, net, electric knife, jigs, hooks, bobbers, pliers, another regular knife, sinkers, cutting board, and a fishing license .... $190 later .... Stupid
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakerat View Post
    GDF.... To think I gave $$$$ of fishing stuff away when I downsized .... Stupid me

Gots me a pole, minnow bucket, line, net, electric knife, jigs, hooks, bobbers, pliers, another regular knife, sinkers, cutting board, and a fishing license .... $190 later .... Stupid
    Where's the huggie with a cold beer in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Where's the huggie with a cold beer in it.
    Good point - forgot that item (s)

Here's a pic of last nights 'late dozen'...
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    This confuses me ..... Can I catch 30 or 60 legally

Season & Limits

Crappie

Black and white
    Season Open All Year
    Daily Limit: 30
    Possession Limit: 60

Post Thanks / Like
    This confuses me ..... Can I catch 30 or 60 legally

Season & Limits

Crappie

Black and white
    Season Open All Year
    Daily Limit: 30
    Possession Limit: 60

NOTE - the daily limit on LOZ is 15!! See the "special area regulations" for crappie portion of the MO codes.

http://mdc.mo.gov/fishing/fishing-regulations

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure glad I asked ..... I sure as hell do not want to break the law, I get in enough trouble drinkin ---- Thank You

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not saying folks (including myself) don't pull a few more out than limit at times - but it's good to know what the line is.

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    True it is good to know.....

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShowMe View Post
    I'm not saying folks (including myself) don't pull a few more out than limit at times - but it's good to know what the line is.
    To confuse matters, if you are fishing as a group (like 3 in a boat), you need to keep the fish separated. 3 people cannot have 45 fish in the livewell unmarked. You either need to use more than 1 livewell, or put some fish on a stringer in the livewell. This is one of those "how stupid" laws, but it is out there. I talked to a guy this past weekend that was questioned by the game warden, but he had them correctly separated. The Warden told him that he was lucky.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure glad I asked ..... I sure as hell do not want to break the law, I get in enough trouble drinkin ---- Thank You
    There is also a 9" size limit on LOZ. I have two pieces of duct tape wrapped on my rod just above the cork of the reel seat that are spaced right at 9" apart. No guesswork and I do not need a measuring stick.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my hand - if its bigger than my tip of thumb to tip of pinky (hand spread out), its at least 9, no problems. Believe me a 9 is a dink anyway in crappie-land, not filet-worthy, I throw them back to grow some more.

Btw - I did not catch anything less than about 10-10.5 Tuesday night. Nothing too small.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been checked for the limit and license twice in the past 10 years fishing off my dock. I believe they were the from the Conservation Department in an unmarked boat, but did have ID's. They were very nice, however I had no violations. I am sure they might not be so nice if I had a violation.

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You for the education and advise ..... Only Crappie experience I had before asking my questions, was watching from my deck at Heron Bay.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Watch out - they're addictive man

And they taste great fried up