Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket pistol

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Pocket pistol

We're going over to the range this weekend and was thinking about giving myself a gun for Christmas, I've been carrying my 9MM S/W but it's getting a little laborious and was going to look for something that would fit into my pocket of a pair of dress shorts.

Anyone have any suggestions...............anything reliable that fits the bill on the market.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sig 380 is a good place to start.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Double Tap. http://www.policemag.com/channel/wea...et-pistol.aspx, http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/...ocket-pistol-3

It is great for self defense but practicing with it is just hurtful...It is tiny, very thin, definitely compact, and kicks like a mule.

But..... It will stop the mule when you hit him... And that is what really counts.

I have fired a number of rounds through one. The first few rounds are not too bad, but after that you will get sore. So for practice I recommend dry firing it when ever you get a chance. Doing that will not only train your brain not to anticipate the snap, but will also make you more comfortable pulling the trigger when it counts. On a side note, the new laser dry firing systems are fantastic to train with.

As far as everything that you listed in your opening requirements, the Double Tap fits the bill... including price http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...leTap+Defense/
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    I would advise against carrying anything unholstered (trigger exposed and subject to pocket lint) in a pocket. Sounds like an invitation to a penis transplant. Odds are better that you'll blow your nutts off than they are the gun will save you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wrench - what do you personally carry? Just curious :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    A knife and some Air force hand to hand training.

Oh, before you thank me for my service.... I was trained by my father (MP). Good stuff to learn and practice.
    I'm truly good with guns, but don't ever feel I'll need one for use against another human. I watch for dangerous people the same way I watch for snakes when I'm in the outdoors. If it looks "snakey" I don't step there, I walk around.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrench View Post
    A knife and some Air force hand to hand training.

Oh, before you thank me for my service.... I was trained by my father (MP). Good stuff to learn and practice.
    I'm truly good with guns, but don't ever feel I'll need one for use against another human. I watch for dangerous people the same way I watch for snakes when I'm in the outdoors. If it looks "snakey" I don't step there, I walk around.
    Thanks..............but I don't need a knife.......I've got one.

And my training was growing up in the "City" of St. Louis, I'm looking for something with a little more "bang" to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    My thanks is for your advice on concealed carry - even though you don't conceal carry. I'll watch out for that pocket lint LOL.

Merry Christmas man!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, pocket lint jams the locking mechanism on my knife all the time.

Merry Christmas, ShowMe

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, pocket lint jams the locking mechanism on my knife all the time.

Merry Christmas, ShowMe
    Man, I would have thought you didn't have to deal with silly locking mechanisms....Crocodile Wrenchee
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Ride
    36 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a S&W M&P Bodyguard that fits perfectly in a pocket. It's small, but fits my hand nice. I added a Talon grip to mine which helped with the compact design.

Wrench, believe it or not, they make something called a pocket holster. It's just like a holster that you wear on your waist except it goes in your pocket. They even make them to cover the trigger. It's amazing what they think of these days. And yes, there will be some lint. You may have clean the gun occasionally. Imagine that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, wouldn't ya know it. I was really hoping to hear about a dude blowing his pecker off, just didn't want it to be someone I know.
    I don't think I could say "sorry to hear about your mishap" with a straight face.

Already had to do that with a dipshit down the street that shot himself in the hand. Guns really shouldn't be made small enough that you can touch the trigger and the muzzle with the same hand at the same time.

My Ride
    36 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guns really shouldn't be made small enough that you can touch the trigger and the muzzle with the same hand at the same time.
    The S&W Bodyguard is about as sub-compact as you can get and I can't touch the trigger and the muzzle with the same hand while properly holding the pistol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been looking at the Glock 42. My wife carries the Taurus TCP 380.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ruger LCP excellent for concealment, smooth shooting for such a small gun, and cheap... Just have to be ok with such a small round (.380). I reason that is the tradeoff for such a small pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk