Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket pistol

Post Thanks / Like
    I currently have on my hip a M/P 9 Shield and I knew it was bit bigger and heavier when I bought it several years ago, it handles and shoots great, I just want something one size smaller for when we go out with lighter clothes on.

Any gun I get has to be "lint free"...................lol

Thanks for recommendations guys, I'll check them out and report back.

Who knows when Emperor Obummer will try and change the second amendment and stop guns sales with an executive order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can really get small variants within the .380 arena. Also one I like is the Smith Airweight 442 (black) or 642 (stainless) shrouded hammer .38 Special. Very light, and a firm DAO trigger that won't go off unless you want it to.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Boss has a small S/W that she carries in her purse, of course it has to have a pink grip.

My Ride
    Intrepid, Formula, Cigarette
    Post Thanks / Like
    I carry my LCP front pocket all the time in the summer, just get a little pocket holster to keep it from shifting, LCP has a heavy double action trigger so never really worried about the bishop or twins carrying front pocket.
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

My Ride
    36 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you already carry the Shield then you know of S&W quality. The Bodyguard has a very heavy trigger (double action only), almost too heavy, and you can get it with a thumb safety if you want one. While it has a heavy trigger, you can get used to it with practice. The slide can be difficult for women to operate given small size of the gun, but you won't have any issues. You can get pinky extenders to help with the grip if you have large hands. Talon grips also help. I also have a S&W M&P .22 that is a blast to shoot. I'm sold on the S&W M&P line and see no reason to look elsewhere for my pistols.

The .380 vs. any other larger caliber debate will go on forever. Bottom line is take what you're comfort and confident in shooting. If you have a 9MM, but don't carry it because of its size, then it doesn't serve any good.

The sub-compact lines are usually only 5+1 or 6+1 so you need to be comfortable and accurate. The round limit is more of a factor than the caliber. If you put 6 or 7 rounds center mass and haven't stopped the threat, it's probably not your day. Most sub-compact pistols are for close ranges (robbery, car-jacking, etc.) so the likelihood of hitting center mass is high.

I have a Safariland pocket hostel for my Bodyguard and it works great. It keeps the trigger covered, keeps the gun from shifting in my pocket, and most importantly stays in my pocket when I pull the gun out off my pocket.

My Ride
    36 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wrench View Post
    Guns really shouldn't be made small enough that you can touch the trigger and the muzzle with the same hand at the same time.
    The S&W Bodyguard is about as sub-compact as you can get and I can't touch the trigger and the muzzle with the same hand while properly holding the pistol.

Post Thanks / Like
    To add to the ongoing discussion: I realize different manufacturers utilize the term 'subcompact' differently. That said, I really like the XD9 subbie and it holds 13 rounds, or 16 if you use the mag extension. I thought maybe the double-stack was a bit obtrusive so I got the XDS 45 (single stack 5/7 extended) when they came out. Except for the lesser capacity I found the difference between the two models to be marginal when carrying IWB. The XDS 45 is a powerhouse, if you prefer the bigboy caliber. Admittedly neither are pocket-able though.

Oh, and Wrench, no lint problems to date, and still have the stick and berries

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a phone app that just SOUNDS like a gun being fired? As soon as some crazy shit starts everyone could just start making hella BANGS!
    The perp wouldn't know whether to shit or go blind.....and nobody would gets holes punched into them. Just ring their ears a bit.

Brilliant I tell you ! You heard it from ME first.

My Ride
    420 SeaRay
    Post Thanks / Like
    Love my S&W Bodyguard.

My Ride
    448 skater
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ive got several pistols from 22 caliber to the 50 ae desert eagle and the the 380. 9mm. And 40 are still the most versatile all around great caliber. But pocket carry is not a good idea .

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a Beretta New Puma chambered for 25 auto that's small and light that I've been carrying around a very long time. I agree about having a trigger guard. I've got a stainless American Derringer (bottom break) that's chambered for 44Mag which is small but could be dangerous if left in a pocket.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is an article from one of my gun blogs, might give you an idea of what other people find to work best for them.

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/read...ealedcarryguns
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    Here is an article from one of my gun blogs, might give you an idea of what other people find to work best for them.

http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/read...ealedcarryguns
    Great info...............hope to get over to the range before the end of the week, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Went and shot the LCP, loved it, but now here's the problem no one has them down here, Ruger lowered the price to $229 and they sold like hotcakes, I'm on the waiting list for one , but it may be a month or two before there's any available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you checked Budsguns dot com?