Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Several also...and they do lower the report, but...mouse fart quiet?...NO

My Ride
    1989 Cigarette Bullet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Bongo View Post
    You should shoot a few suppressed guns. Positives are reduced recoil and muzzle rise which give faster follow up shots along with the reduced sound which the neighbors appreciate. The down side is they add weight to the end of the gun although Titanium suppressor are pretty light.

Given the choice of suppressed or unsuppressed I know what I would choose and not for the "badass" factor.
    I always make it a point to bring a couple extra with me when shooting or hunting with friends that don't have one. I have yet to come across anyone that has used one and didn't want one immediately after. They just change the experience completely.

We have a .338 Lapua that just rocks your world in the sound department. We do a LOT of bench shooting with it off our deck at the hunting lease. It's nice having it suppressed while 10-15 people are watching you shoot it. Sometimes not everyone has hearing protection.

The appeal factor to a new shooter is priceless, especially the female one. They really help the beginner be less intimidated by the noise and concentrate on the fundamentals. We use them a lot for young shooters that are scared of loud noises. Helps introduce them to a hobby that they normally wouldn't care for.

Buck
    I poop too much......and then I get tired.

My Ride
    38 Cig & 202 Crownline
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hope Hedge Seck, Military.com
    Nov. 23, 2016

In a series of experiments this year, units from 2nd Marine Division will be silencing every element of an infantry battalion -- from M4 rifles to .50 caliber machine guns.

The commanding general of 2nd Marine Division, Maj. Gen. John Love, described these plans during a speech to Marines at the Marine Corps Association Ground Dinner this month near Washington, D.C.

The proof-of-concept tests, he said, included Bravo Company, 1st Battalion, 2nd Marines, which began an Integrated Training Exercise pre-deployment last month at Marine Corps Air-Ground Combat Center Twentynine Palms.

"What we've found so far is it revolutionizes the way we fight," Love told Military.com.

"It used to be a squad would be dispersed out over maybe 100 yards, so the squad leader couldn't really communicate with the members at the far end because of all the noise of the weapons.

Now they can actually just communicate, and be able to command and control and effectively direct those fires."
    Hey, watch this!!!

My Ride
    36 Spectre Poker Run
    Post Thanks / Like
    several.....
    Man and machine moving as a single moving part
    Tim

My Ride
    Intrepid, Formula, Cigarette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have my first one on order, doing the paperwork today and hoping it won't take too long. Really wanted the hearing protection act to pass first but it may be in limbo.

I am getting a suppressed S&W 15-22 with a permanently affixed suppressor and ported barrel that allows it to cycle properly with cheap supersonic ammo but slowed it to sub speed with the porting. Nice and quiet.
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

My Ride
    1989 Cigarette Bullet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fool's Gold View Post
    Have my first one on order, doing the paperwork today and hoping it won't take too long. Really wanted the hearing protection act to pass first but it may be in limbo.

I am getting a suppressed S&W 15-22 with a permanently affixed suppressor and ported barrel that allows it to cycle properly with cheap supersonic ammo but slowed it to sub speed with the porting. Nice and quiet.
    You will love it. We have a couple set up like that. They get shot a lot.
    I poop too much......and then I get tired.