Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like

Big Thunder Marine picture thread

Last edited by Dredd; 01-07-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: change title per members

My Ride
    33' Eliminator Daytona
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is more too it, I am sure Ed and others with elaborate when they are ready. I will be fun to start seeing all the power boats back at Big Thunder.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not mean it to sound negative, I think that it is fantastic! Combining efforts will make for a very, very strong presence.

My Ride
    Resin Bucket
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to all involved. Should be really nice to see the emphasis on powerboats and customer service on a large scale at the lake again.
    "Data is a leaders best friend, but a poser's worst enemy." Orrin Woodward

My Ride
    Intrepid, Formula, Cigarette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like the link is broken, here is a new one.

http://speedonthewater.com/in-the-ne...ing-big-things
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

My Ride
    FORMULA FASTECH
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well...Hell...Sounds good!
    Hope it works out for everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to everyone,

Not to sound negative in any way... But is the Baja/Fountain/Donzi a line they can sell, or more importantly; get built to sell? With the the hupla around the company? I sure hope they can.
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO

My Ride
    Is Slower than Yours
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations to all involved, sounds like a great merger of talent and product.
    Add more life to your days, not more days to your life.

My Ride
    33' Eliminator Daytona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bajaholic View Post
    Congrats to everyone,

Not to sound negative in any way... But is the Baja/Fountain/Donzi a line they can sell, or more importantly; get built to sell? With the the hupla around the company? I sure hope they can.
    They have several on order, with some new things then what is normally expected from the brands, and with Eddie over there I'm sure his input on what works and doesn't work for our lake will help

My Ride
    Apache Brave
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to everyone,

You bought a Baja. I am sure they will do fine with Eddie. Congrats LOM and Eddie.

My Ride
    36 Outlaw
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats to everyone,

So by stating "not to sound negative in any way" before making a negative comment, does that turn the negative comment into a positive comment?

Obviously this deal increases the competition at the lake among dealers/brokers/repair shops. The competition may not like the move. However, this is nothing but a positive move in the right direction for the lake. Big Thunder has sat vacant far too long and we need to see more boat lines offered at the lake like it was in the late 90s and early 2000's. If the Fountain/Baja/Donzi line is going to survive long term, they need to make sure this deal work out. As boaters, we should hope they make this work as well. Deals like this increases the lake's exposure which benefits many different industries at the lake even if it increases competition in some areas.

My Ride
    3350 Regal
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mpally View Post
    Deals like this increases the lake's exposure which benefits many different industries at the lake even if it increases competition in some areas.
    X2...one of the first things I thought of when reading the article.

Hopefully they somehow keep operating out of the LOM facility in some capacity. Their 'energy' there has been good for that area of Osage Beach.

Glenwood, IA/10mm Spring Cove/Poplar Bluff, MO
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Ed, hope the place goes gang busters.
    "You can fall many times in life...But you're never a failure as long as you try to get up!" - Evel Knievel

Post Thanks / Like
    #edistheman.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=mpally;702803]So by stating "not to sound negative in any way" before making a negative comment, does that turn the negative comment into a positive comment?
    [QUOTE]

My comment was in the 'spirit' of the election cycle.

I agree that it is an absolute positive direction for everyone involved. I don't really understand how it is competition? Each dealer at the lake will have their "lines" of boats, which will fit their specific buyer(s) needs. Besides there is no changing of people, just names of marinas and where the specific sales people will hang their hat. Good people all around.

I question the actual line of boats? And I HOPE I am over thinking this but there is a tremendous amount of turmoil in that brand group in the last couple of years and to base an entire marinas/dealership on those brands are risky to say the least.

I obviously am a fan of Baja's, and know the old brand well, which just to be clear is NOT the same as the new offerings. The Donzi line is again a limited availability which leaves Fountain. It will be interesting if their price point is competitive to the other new line offerings in Performance boating. Then throw in the buyer that can afford the new lines and the financing to make it happen.

When Reggie took over Baja and Donzi, things made a drastic change in those 2 lines, they seriously lost track of their market and who was purchasing those models. So far I have not seen anywhere where they have recognized that change in their marketing. So again, I hope I am wrong.....

Unfortunately the world has drastically changed in the last few years, so I hope for the very best!!!
    B&B
    20.5 mm LOTO