My Ride
    Mariah Z252
    Post Thanks / Like

New from Iowa - LOTO goer

New guy here from Madrid, Iowa (north of Des Moines about 20 minutes). We have been going to the LOTO for years and my parents finally bought a condo down there last year. Our place is at Cedar Heights on the Big Niangua arm. Last weekend my Dad and I took the boat down to put it in our slip and we ended up buying a new boat while we were down there. It was a spur of the moment thing but we needed a bigger boat for that lake. So, we ended up coming back down this past weekend to bring our other boat back to Iowa and get the new one over to our place. We went from a 1998 Four Winns Horizon RS 18' to a 1999 Mariah Z252 7.4L Bravo 3 with 280 hours on it. It is in excellent shape and was well cared for.

Unfortunately, our lift is not big enough to get it out of the water so we will be back down there again this weekend trying to get that taken care of. The gentlemen we bought the boat from has a 6000 lb. Precision lift that he'd sell to us for $500, but from what I have read they are not that great of lifts. Also, it's about 26 miles via water to get it over to our place. We are running into issues with our lift as well as it's an Aqua-Lift 4000 lb. and they appear to be junk as well. Any advice for us on what the best course of action to take would be? Not sure if we just go ahead and buy the Precision lift since it's setup for the boat already and is cheap, or we get something different altogether. Worried about trying to get it moved over and costing and arm and a leg to do so as well.

Anyway, happy to be here and look forward to posting more. Any advice on our lift dilemma is greatly appreciated as well!

-Andy

My Ride
    Freedom Boat Club
    Post Thanks / Like
    I suggest you Polly Lift or Boat Lift Marine (573) 348-4999
    Life is gooder in retirement !!!! - Endless Summer Live Life !!!

My Ride
    Intrepid, Formula, Cigarette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Poly lift is the best, but you could get by with less at your location. Even an Econo Lift would be fine in that size. I live at the 9 on the Niangua and wouldn't worry at all about an econo single tank lift with the traffic we get. One thing to confirm is if your condo has an approved lift manufacturers though. Some places will only allow lifts from specific manufacturers.
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

My Ride
    Mariah Z252
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the advice!