Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp View Post
    It is a 5 hour drive by car and an hour and ten minutes in the airplane. We fly into K15 Grand Glaize airport Life is good!

BEAUTIFUL aircraft!!
    CoveDweller on the web.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on my way! Figured some people here would appreciate my shirt choice. Icy runway made for some fun first solo touch n goes. I had a bit of a x-wind and the one wheel that was down skidded sideways on the ice on one of them. My CFI said, "That one was pretty sporty, huh?" when I picked him back up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Ride
    290 PQ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredd View Post
    I'm on my way! Figured some people here would appreciate my shirt choice. Icy runway made for some fun first solo touch n goes. I had a bit of a x-wind and the one wheel that was down skidded sideways on the ice on one of them. My CFI said, "That one was pretty sporty, huh?" when I picked him back up.
    Congrats. You always remember the first solo.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone

My Ride
    Intrepid, Formula, Cigarette
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the solo. unfortunately I think my shirt went into the rag pile a few years ago.
    Never liked those loud obnoxious boats, until I bought one of my own.

Post Thanks / Like
    My CFI didnt' explain the shirt tails thing to me before my first solo. Wasn't going to cut up my sweater.... Just one of many of "traditions" my CFI didn't explain. All he cared about was getting to the airlines.

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bdlarkin View Post
    My CFI didnt' explain the shirt tails thing to me before my first solo. Wasn't going to cut up my sweater.... Just one of many of "traditions" my CFI didn't explain. All he cared about was getting to the airlines.
    Apparently there are a lot of them that way. Jason Shappert has a little book of tips I read to help avoid things like that. My guy has 6,000 hours, mostly all instructor time.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, live and learn. I still remember the day though. Congrats to Dredd for his first and to many more.

My Ride
    SCARAB P-29 40th ANNIVERSARY
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations a day you will never forget! Now donít let up till you get your Private.

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bdlarkin View Post
    That's why I started with old fart instructors. Later I had a kid working his way up and I think I taught him more about stick and rudder than he taught me. He was very good on checklists, radio etiquette and flying numbers though,something I appreciated as I moved into higher performance. now just need a faster plane.

My Ride
    Formula 370SS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flying is a great way to learn how cheap boating is!

My Ride
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 36Tango View Post
    Flying is a great way to learn how cheap boating is!
    Itís a great way to get to more expensive boating too.

My Ride
    '06 Regal 3350 "Perfect Fit"
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw this revived thread.

My first plane, a Robertson B1-RD ultralight. Top speed 43mph, stall at 17. In a stiff wind, it could fly backwards.
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AndClZ7wNTTHjWRVUXB1KX6afRVo

Later became a dealer for Challenger (no, not the jet...) This is my 2nd one, "Miss Tress". Became an instructor with this one.
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AndClZ7wNTTHjWn57LxdczptcjdL

When that wasn't fast or cool enough, I became a dealer and instructor in Titans, first building this one:
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AndClZ7wNTTHjm2Nr7UuzPXNZBKU

This is where my Titan912S ID comes from.

I'm pretty tall and didn't fit into the rear seat of the first one very well (where I instructed from), so I got together with the engineer from Titan and we came up with the SS model. I built the prototype, and it came out great. It's now an official model of the Titan lineup.
    https://1drv.ms/i/s!AndClZ7wNTTHjWuIWi6zmfyHEUpS

Oh, and it's aerobatic also:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T3NJy5G2TE

Sadly, I've been out of flying since I moved to the lake. Traded airplanes for boats. I'd like to get back to them someday, especially since I'm early retired and Florida as a winter home is on the horizon (we're already looking).
    J.D. Stewart
    '06 Regal 3350 "Perfect Fit"

Post Thanks / Like
    Went through flight school back in the day, 45 hrs dual, 7 hrs solo, it was fun back then. The classic C-150 II, very fun bird to fly, it spins very easily, LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Ride
    Rinker 272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since my solo pic that previously revived this thread, I finished my PPL and bought a plane. Flying in to K15 has been great. Great service. If I can get into a hangar, I think I'd like to.
    I would have driven 6 hours to get here the other day, flew it in 3, and was able to put in a full day's work when I got here. Not having the driving fatigue is worth a lot to me.
    Midwest Boat Party - Technical Operations

My Ride
    "Stress Eliminator" 36 Daytona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since my solo pic that previously revived this thread, I finished my PPL and bought a plane. Flying in to K15 has been great. Great service. If I can get into a hangar, I think I'd like to.
    I would have driven 6 hours to get here the other day, flew it in 3, and was able to put in a full day's work when I got here. Not having the driving fatigue is worth a lot to me.
    From a source at the K15 the better you tip the runway crew and refuel here , the quicker a hanger will become available to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Summer time is Happy time