Post Thanks / Like

Missouri gun guys - CCW permits

Anyone know if our wonderful Governor Nixon has vetoed the CCW bill allowing Missouri residents to carry without a permit, I heard the legislature may have enough votes to override his veto, anyone have any info on this matter, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did hear he vetoed it but last I heard it wouldn't be until the September session that they could possibly override it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by c jones View Post
    I did hear he vetoed it but last I heard it wouldn't be until the September session that they could possibly override it.
    That's what I heard too, if anyone hears anything about this, it would be great if you posted up any updates, thanks.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if a person is that committed to carrying a concealed firearm, then they should at least have to get a permit and prove some level of proficiency.
    Also, having a state issued CCW permit allows a person to carry in most other states.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    I think if a person is that committed to carrying a concealed firearm, then they should at least have to get a permit and prove some level of proficiency.
    Also, having a state issued CCW permit allows a person to carry in most other states.

Griff......here's a question I'm having a difficult time getting answered, talked to the Camden County Sheriff and a Osage Beach Officer, neither much help;

When we got our CCWs three years ago we were full time Florida residence, so our CCWs are issued out of Florida, since we bought a place back in Missouri we went back to being Missouri residence, I know Missouri and Florida recognize each others CCW, but since we're officially Missouri residence now, does or should Missouri law enforcement accept our Florida CCWs and are we legal to carry in Missouri.

We will if we have to, but we really don't want to mess with going through the class again, plus spend the money, thanks for any direction.

Post Thanks / Like
    Short answer is yes Florida CCW is recognized in Missouri.

http://legallyarmed.com/resources/statelist.html

Also know the restrictions in each CCW state as they do vary.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recommend everybody interested in carrying a firearm (concealed or not) take a CCW course. Not specifically to learn how to shoot or to even be safe with a firearm, although those are benefits. No, the real reason is to keep your butt out of jail when someone says you brandished a weapon at them, or similar. Just because you can have a gun, doesn't mean you can use it anytime you want.

I also highly recommend Andrew F. Branca's book, "The Law of Self Defense: The Indispensable Guide to the Armed Citizen". State by State examples of legal versus illegal actions, etc.

My Ride
    03 38' PP & 00 380 Sundancer
    Post Thanks / Like
    JMO, if your going to carry it should definitely be concealed, even if legal not a fan of open carry. Additionally not all CCW instructors are the same ones that teach situational awareness and situation avoidance are the instructors you want. Just because your carrying does NOT make you a tough guy. On going training and practice are also very important. All the instructors that I've had also could not stress enough that if you do draw you better be prepared to pull the triggerr and your life WILL change for ever.
    Because there is "No Life Like It"

Post Thanks / Like
    I've found that I'm relaxed and chill more since I took the CCW course and started carrying, even when I don't have it with me, it made me much more aware of what's around me and the responsibility of protecting myself and my Family and don't take a gun lightly, this is life changing stuff, it's not a game.

It's whether us being Missouri residences now, does our Florida CCW make us legal to carry in Missouri without a Missouri CCW.

My Ride
    32 Active Thunder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joey View Post
    Griff......here's a question I'm having a difficult time getting answered, talked to the Camden County Sheriff and a Osage Beach Officer, neither much help;

When we got our CCWs three years ago we were full time Florida residence, so our CCWs are issued out of Florida, since we bought a place back in Missouri we went back to being Missouri residence, I know Missouri and Florida recognize each others CCW, but since we're officially Missouri residence now, does or should Missouri law enforcement accept our Florida CCWs and are we legal to carry in Missouri.

We will if we have to, but we really don't want to mess with going through the class again, plus spend the money, thanks for any direction.
    I think you are fine with the Fla CCW. Not sure if it the Florida CCW ever expires or has to renewed though??? NE requires a renewal every 3 years.
    If it does, I'd say renew in MO.

My Ride
    American Curls
    Post Thanks / Like
    MO is every 5 yrs now, I just checked with my local Sheriff, and when it comes to renewal time your only option is renew in FLA or take the MO course.
    Last edited by the bear; 07-14-2016 at 02:02 PM. Reason: correction on yrs
    Whats next?